Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Differences between the Ralliart and Japanese EVO VI

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2003, 01:06 PM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Can anyone tell me how an official Ralliart EVO VI differs to a Japanese import version. I think I may have read about a titanium turbo being fitted (or was that just the Makkinen edition?) and/or a larger oil cooler. Is this correct and are there any other changes except the usual SVA stuff?

[Edited by scoobysnacks - 7/20/2003 3:46:31 PM]
Old 20 July 2003, 02:50 PM
deano
Scooby Regular

Angry

Warranty
Numbered service book and plaque in car
Cat 1
Fuel filler mod
Fog light with decent factory switch
speedo conversion
Underseal

Probably more as well but that's all that I can think of at the mo ... A U.K car will always be prefered to an import.

Oh yes, my insurers would not quote on an import but they recognised a U.K one. £1015 fully comp with all modifications declared.

Regards
Dean
Old 20 July 2003, 06:20 PM
Spudgun VI
Scooby Regular

Cool

mine has all the above apart from the ralliart plaque thingy. mines an import, made no difference to tescos qote whatsoever. my ex girlfriend had a uk evo 6, paid the same as an import (think she was with priveledge or tesco at the time).
when i went to buy my 6, it really made no odds to me if it were an import or not (it was originally imported new into the country anyway). still VERY happy with my 6
Old 20 July 2003, 06:36 PM
Colonel Mullet
Scooby Regular

I believe that most of the early Ralliart 6s are classed as imports for insurance anyway because the V5 states that they were first registered overseas.

Some of the UK cars had the 'cold climate' pack fitted which includes such joys as heated mirrors, a larger battery and rear-passenger heating ducts. I don't think you'll find many imports with this option. However, not all of the UK cars had it fitted.

I'd say the only real benefit of buying a (late) UK 6 is the balance of the 3-year warranty, which can then be extended further if you wish. However, this is a waste of time if you are intending to modify the car.

If the warranty is a consideration for you then take extra care when checking the history - when I was looking last year I found more than one car which was still in the warranty period but which had not been serviced within the recommended limits (every 4500 miles with 1000 leeway or every 6 months with 1 month leeway) thus invalidating the warranty.