Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

I'm not jealous...honest!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2003, 10:14 AM
blip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Have a mate that only ever emails me to show off about the latest thing he has just bought - bike, car, laptop, etc, etc. I usually couldn't care less and just give him a 'virtual' pat on the head and say 'well done, ooh, aah, isn't it lovely'.

Anywayz, he's got me this time coz he emailed me about his new car - a '99 V8 Lotus Esprit. He previously owned an S2000 and so is used to fairly quick motors but made me drool when explaining how quick this 350bhp twin-turbo baby is!

The thing that really made me sit up and think was when I realised he paid about the same for the Esprit as I paid for my 03WRX PPP wagon (plus some options) a few months ago. This is not helped by the fact that I'm already starting to feel that my WRX isn't quick enough.

In terms of performance for the money the Esprit sounds pretty awesome: 0-60 4.2sec, 0-100 10.5sec, max 175mph. Plus it has that supercar tag and real presence when you pull up in it. I'm thinking mine looks gawky at best...

I initially convinced myself that I couldn't live with the lack of practicality (no way to lug bikes, jetski's, surfboards, etc around), or the potentially huge running costs, or the reality of driving something like that on typical wet crappy UK roads most of the year, but now I'm just jealous. Big time!!

It's got me thinking about similarly potent affordable alternatives - maybe a TVR Tuscan....hmmm Although god only knows how I'd explain my need for an even faster car to the GF

Or maybe I just need therapy for this crippling affliction of never being satisfied with my lot and always wanting more. Aaaargghh nurse....

[Edited by blip - 11/07/2003 10:38:50]
Old 11 July 2003, 11:52 AM
medders
Scooby Regular

Wink

Aren't they as reliable as TVR's ?

Old 11 July 2003, 12:06 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

Worse, it will be amazing if it doesn't turn out to be LOTUS -
LOTS OF TROUBLE USUALLY SERIOUS !!!
Old 11 July 2003, 12:13 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i went from scoob to TVR which was slightly cheaper to buy and 10,000 times cooler.

reliability is fine and to be honest it could suck and it would still be the best ownership experience ever!
Old 11 July 2003, 12:23 PM
blip
Scooby Regular

Tiggs - how does the TVR compare in terms of running costs?
Old 11 July 2003, 06:34 PM
Lord Of The Bling...
Scooby Regular

tvr tuscan, what a beast...love the flip paint job some had..and what a noise....just get yoursefl one for the rest of the summer!

Trending Topics

Old 11 July 2003, 08:11 PM
M3 Evo
Scooby Regular

Cool

Get the Lotus and buy a cheapo car like an old senator to do all the lugging around in

You know it makes sense.

I want a Sport 350 so bad it hurts!