Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Armchair expert ramblings.

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2003, 12:19 AM
Cosworth427
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

This is a parody of some people I've encountered in the past who like to think they know what they are talking about. So don't assume this is a real review.

================================================== ==================

Toyota Supra Twin Turbo

Me mate offered me a Supra for 9 grand, I thought it was an interesting prospect. But then, I learned that it's not such a great car. Having consulted EVO magazine, the Supra weighs 1580 kilos, so it's very heavy and therefore affects the "power-to-weight" ratio, and now it is comparable to my less powerful STi.

Straight-line speed aint everything, I live near the country side B-roads, so whatever car I chose to drive, it would need to fair well in the "twisties". I am not too sure about the Supra, cos "RWD" cant handle as well as "4WD" you see. And believe me ppl, I storm into roundabouts in my scooby at 45 MPH!

Anyway, the "twisties" show whether cars like to "understeer" or "oversteer". The Supra "RWD" and it is heavy, so it will "oversteer". My scooby dribbles through with ease, so that's more proof that "4WD" is king. Round abouts are a problem for RWD cars too. I yanked my steering wheel when I go into corners or roundabouts, and it sure can handle on "real world" roads, but cos Supras are RWD, they have less "traction" and "grip" so they will have a slower turn in at the "apex" of the turn. It must be because of the 10 year old "chassis". The scooby "chassis" has been tried and tested in WRC, what has the Supra been tested in? I rest my case.

Sure, the Supra makes lots of power and "low end torque", but power is nothing without control. That's why so many of them tune those jap "chassis" to 1000 BHP by using "NOS". But they must have more money than sense as we all know having more than 100 HP of "NOS" will blow the welds off the "intake", and even explode. Silly Yanks!

The Supra is heavy, Top Gear mentioned how "Power-to-weight" matters, and they are right. The "chassis" is too heavy, Toyota, sort it out.

The Supra has a 3 litre engine, that's just too big when you have a two turbos! Think about the PETROL! I declined my mate's offer, giving no approval to this jap beast. I am glad that I'm still proud owner of a Subaru Impreza, a true "sports car" for the real world, for real drivers.

================================================== ==================