Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

mycroft

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2003, 09:34 AM
juan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
he's playing you lot along nicely. He very rarely bites but when he does he usually loses it

All your doing is playing his little game - can any of you not see this yet?
heh. its fun. maybe we're playing his game but he is certainly playing some of ours well this time. These boards come alive when he's here. Its good fun.

Unfortunately he's not as good as he was. The diablo tangent was just farcical and has destroyed his (tiny remaining) credibility, but its still fun to come and give him a tickle sometimes. Its getting easier too. At least 95% of folk here now know without a shadow of a doubt that he is a complete bull merchant

[Edited by juan - 7/1/2003 12:22:59 PM]
Old 07 January 2003, 01:24 PM
juan
Scooby Regular

heh.

I think mysoft cop car detector v2.0 takes the form of an engineless diablo that he tows everywhere and releases once they're onto him to distract them while he ignites the m-sorer's 4 jet engines prior to making a supersonic getaway. (provided there are no blowouts of course).

Now head off back to your silly anti-'filf' TIF forum with your bandit buddies where all 4 of you can talk your govt and 'filf' conspiracy cr@p to each other again

[Edited by juan - 7/1/2003 1:40:24 PM]
Old 07 January 2003, 01:26 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

It is a great shame...

You have no detector...
You ridicule an idea that might just be part of the answer to getting raped by the Government...

You appear to be 'The Turkeys that voted for Christmas' hahahaha...

I thought that sound was clucking... instead I think it's actually the sound of you all 'gobbling' away at each other... hahaha

Hint guys!!!
Try to just 'suck-up' to the members here if you must... avoiding just 'sucking'... hahaha

[Edited by Mycroft - 7/1/2003 1:27:50 PM]
Old 07 January 2003, 02:19 PM
Holmes
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs down

WTF is this guy still doing here???

The "hahaha" at the end of every sentence is pathetic.

[Edited by Holmes - 7/1/2003 2:20:07 PM]
Old 07 January 2003, 02:21 PM
juan
Scooby Regular

lol @ Mycroft, not with him.
oh I think most do don't worry

now wheres that bait

[Edited by juan - 7/1/2003 2:24:13 PM]
Old 29 June 2003, 06:55 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

can we continue here to save giving Tiggs any more unwanted replies ?

all I want is to see the evidence that you are building a 190Mph, etc car.

nothing more nothing less
Old 29 June 2003, 07:12 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

Why do you want that?

I am on my third one so I neither care nor am I bothered if you believe me or not... if you want to see this process happen then if you join the TIF a fourth has been ordered and will be filmed and photo'd during its build up, the fourth should happen around the end of August by the looks of things and will be ready for the new owner at the end of October...

It will include a test of its top-speed...

Each Soarer so far has broken 190mph... all have bettered 5sec 0-100km/h and all pull mid 12s... they have all been delivered for less than £10,500... including buying the Soarer...

Want one?... utterly destroys cars 5x the price without any wings or ostentation... the look of shock and horror on the face of Diablo drivers as they find their precious jewel can't dispense the 'jap-crap' with ease and infact is flashing him to pull over is something worth 10grand alone...

[Edited by Mycroft - 6/29/2003 7:12:52 PM]

Trending Topics

Old 29 June 2003, 07:15 PM
Phil M
Scooby Regular

disclaimer... 'all times and figures timed on gran turismo using the pause button'

haha
Old 29 June 2003, 07:16 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

the look of shock and horror on the face of Diablo drivers as they find their precious jewel can't dispense the 'jap-crap' with ease and infact is flashing him to pull over is something worth 10grand alone
I know that type of look, LOL

Like that guy in a Maranello stopping next to my friend in his Evo 5 RS after getting wasted (at the motorway entrance): "What the hell did you put into your engine!? Cocaine?!" LOL
Old 29 June 2003, 07:23 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

all I am asking is for proof, who owns cars 1 & 2 then ?

can they confirm this ?
why cant you get pictures of these car to this amasing top speed ?
why have you not filmed / documented the proof on cars 1, 2 & 3 ?
how much is a soarer ?
how much is the conversion ?
do you uprate anything else other than the engine ?
what sort of BHP are you creating to get to this top speed, what gearing are you using, what final drive ratio's you running ?
what rev range are you running from too
what tyres do you have fitted & what size wheels are they fitted too
if these cars are capable of 190mph why are they soo secret ?
Why have I never seen one at a track, yes I go to lots of tracks & so do a lot of other people, why has no one seen them ?
If you prove it to my then fine, until you do I think your spinning a bit of jackonory.

I take every thing with a pinch of salt, we all have the fastest cars, most bhp, most DB's etc in pub talk, but I think you have got in to a little while lie lane & are struggeling to find the truth.

Old 29 June 2003, 07:55 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

###
all I am asking is for proof, who owns cars 1 & 2 then ?
###
All I'm telling you is that if you join the TIF and become an active member of the forum, then you can have all the proof you want... Idle curiosity is not worth much to me.

###
can they confirm this ?
###
If they wish to they will, i can't speak for others.

###
why cant you get pictures of these car to this amasing top speed ?
why have you not filmed / documented the proof on cars 1, 2 & 3 ?
###
See above.

###
how much is a soarer ?
###
How long's a piece of string?

###
how much is the conversion ?
###
see above

###
do you uprate anything else other than the engine ?
###
Yes, lots of little things change.

###
what sort of BHP are you creating to get to this top speed,
###
400hp

###
what gearing are you using, what final drive ratio's you running ?
what rev range are you running from too
what tyres do you have fitted & what size wheels are they fitted too
###
Standard gearing[ish], FDR standard, 8200rpm, 285/40x17 255/40x17. Rim sizes depends on what you want from the car... there is a little lee-way.

###
if these cars are capable of 190mph why are they soo secret ?
###
Are they so secret?

###
Why have I never seen one at a track, yes I go to lots of tracks & so do a lot of other people, why has no one seen them ?
###
We are not 'trackday people really, it is full of idiots and is more dangerous than my preferred driving place.

###
If you prove it to my then fine, until you do I think your spinning a bit of jackonory.
###
Excellent, then you believe what you like and remain happy... then one day when I rip pst you and blow you into the weeds you'll just pretend it's all a bad dream... that is fine by me.

###
I take every thing with a pinch of salt, we all have the fastest cars, most bhp, most DB's etc in pub talk, but I think you have got in to a little while lie lane & are struggeling to find the truth.
###
That is very wise to some extent it is also the biggest blinker you can ever wear if you are not careful and just glance over things... that is very unwise... as I have said, you will believe only what you will...

[Edited by Mycroft - 6/29/2003 7:56:40 PM]
Old 29 June 2003, 08:41 PM
skiddus_markus
Scooby Regular

I'd bet my left bol*ock that a special place would be made available for you at 10 OTB II Mycroft.I'd like to see yuor Soarer run,but I doubt you'd be interested as you obviously have nothing to prove.Would shut several thousand that there tinternet users up though.
Old 29 June 2003, 08:42 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

We are not 'trackday people really, it is full of idiots and is more dangerous than my preferred driving place.
Where do you prefer to drive at 190mph then?

Gary
Old 29 June 2003, 08:46 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

We are not 'trackday people really, it is full of idiots
no it isn't,roads are,tracks aren't
Old 29 June 2003, 09:02 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

If I wished to compete in the TOTB then I would simply have imported this... http://toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193&highlight=runner

The best place to check 190mph is on my nearby Airfields.

Trackdays are full of people intent on racing usually don't have proper insurance and don't really have race track awareaness... the number of accidents and shunts show this... it is a very dangerous place to be... unless you are alone or with drivers with racing licences... you are at more risk on the track than you are in just driving there and driving back... it is hundreds of times more dangerous mile for mile than anywhere else you are likely to ever drive...

Old 29 June 2003, 09:51 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

well thats' slightly more qualified than "full of idiots",but I see ridiculous driving everyday on the M25,and the number of incidents and shunts support that as well.

ya pays ya money
Old 29 June 2003, 10:03 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'Want one?... utterly destroys cars 5x the price without any wings or ostentation... the look of shock and horror on the face of Diablo drivers as they find their precious jewel can't dispense the 'jap-crap' with ease and infact is flashing him to pull over is something worth 6 grand alone'

Its called a Honda CBR 600 !
Old 29 June 2003, 10:05 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

DBA, another good point... why pay to be confronted by masses of fools all wrapped up in there 'Schumacher fantasy'... I'll leave the trackdays to those who think it is good fun... they are in such a World of fantasy and it would be cruel to disillusion them, the only time to really enjoy a track is in Competition with a competition car... for me it is a pale joke that will usually do more harm to the car than good and will put the driver at more risk than at almost anytime in his life...

[Edited by Mycroft - 6/29/2003 10:06:39 PM]
Old 29 June 2003, 11:13 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

That runner thing sounds seriously fast!

Why dont you get that?
Old 29 June 2003, 11:23 PM
Sprint Chief
Scooby Regular

Talking

I could build a soarer that would do 190 mph for far less than that.

Just a quick mod to the speedo, and hey presto!

Well organised track days are usually perfectly safe, probably a damn sight safer than barrelling up to an airfield on your own and breaking the law (Motor Vehicles, Off Road Events Act extends "dangerous driving" beyond the public highway, except for specifically authorised events, you could get nicked and lose your licence for doing 190mph on an airfield - thought you might like to know )

Don't know what the racing licence is supposed to prove, any idiot that can drive three laps of a circuit at 80mph (zzzzz) and answer a few simple questions can get one. Only benefit is that if you're over 45 you have to get an ECG, so I guess they are marginally less likely to have a heart attack!
Old 29 June 2003, 11:33 PM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Have to agree with mycroft about tracks being dangerous, not thinking of any particular examples, but the fact that your pushing probably your (or if your good, the cars) limits, will increase the levels of danger.

But i still enjoy them, im not a wanabi, i know im not fast, but its the only place i can really learn the limits of (myself and what i can do with my Westfield).

Ill quite happily pull over for slower/faster cars if i think they are a little erratic, id rather slow down and carry on my way when its clear, ive been bunched up at high speed with the people you mention mycroft, all jostling for room like its a race.

Track days tome are just a day out enjoying my car, nothing more

I will try my hand at lo cost racing when finances permit, until then track days are recreational.
Old 29 June 2003, 11:34 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

I did seriously consider it, but, and I don't wish to offend some good pals who are in the TOTB thing this year, I have never felt the desire to do it... well except when I found out that there was no rule on fuel and then I offered to find an old Legacy and put some Peroxided fuel as per this thread...

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8001&perpage=15&highlig ht=totb%20fuel&pagenumber=2
Old 29 June 2003, 11:51 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

Trackdays are enormous fun if you like 'em,a bag of shyte if you don't.I've been to very well organised trackdays,where anyone who even dares to get the tail out is black flagged.

As for more "harm to the car than good",obviously,if you consider 100 track miles to be worth about a 1000 on the road (I think).So what? so i will sell the car 20,000 miles sooner than i would have done.I'm just driving the car how it should be driven,hard,and pushing harder than i could on the road.

Its either your cup of tea or it isn't,but it isn't the playground of nutters,and its a silly generalisation to say it is.In fact,I would say most are committed enthusiasts with more respect for other drivers than the average **** in a 318 on the M25.

Prepare the car well you should have no more problems than top speed runs on an airfield.

I have my car to drive it fast,some others just wanna tune the bollox of theirs and bait supercars,horses for courses,whatever floats ya boat
Old 29 June 2003, 11:54 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

I'm no expert, but do you think a standard engine could withstand the type of cylinder pressure you're talking about be it only for a few seconds?

The TVR and Lotus abbreviations were quality, btw!
Old 30 June 2003, 12:06 AM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

Talking

Claudius... about 10 secs thats all... it would put out some serious power tho...

Dba... just to humour me what do you do prior to a trackday... list the 'preparations'... I'd be interested... seriously.
Old 30 June 2003, 12:15 AM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

I'm sure you could launch it in 5th!
Old 30 June 2003, 12:17 AM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

Dba your car appears to be a '98 car... 5 years old, so the bushes were changed before you hit the track right?

New oil before and after?

In all the bits... diffs etc.?

The cambelt/chain... that will degrade really quickly with snap gear changes... the torque change stretches it very quickly... should really change 48k or 3years...

Cool plugs... one heat down... essential...

Wheels off inspection of the entire running gear?

Proper R spec tyres on track strength alloys?

Anything less and you are one accident waiting to happen as far as I'm concerned...

Old 30 June 2003, 12:53 AM
Sprint Chief
Scooby Regular

The cambelt/chain... that will degrade really quickly with snap gear changes... the torque change stretches it very quickly... should really change 48k or 3years...
Well duh! That's the normal interval for them anyway

Anything less and you are one accident waiting to happen as far as I'm concerned...
B*ll*cks. Unnecessary scaremongering. All of the stuff you list is wise to carry out, but some of it isn't entirely necessary, such as

bushes were changed before you hit the track right?
Of course your bushes should be replaced if worn, the standard Subaru bushes, IF in good condition (which they might still be even in a five year old car if it has low-ish miles), are perfectly up to the job. If you have a JDM import, even better, they run stiffer bushes, but they do need replacing more regularly so watch out!

Proper R spec tyres on track strength alloys?
Absolutely not necessary. Any tyre on the MSA Chapter R list 1A should be perfectly acceptable and safe on track. Be aware that if you push them hard they will overheat and go off very quickly, but then most track dayers probably don't push the car sufficiently hard; even then, there are ways around the problem (short stints, setting the tyre pressure suitably etc. etc.)

Most importantly, no mention of the brakes? Brakes are pretty essential and should be carefully checked, and standard brakes aren't really up to the job of the track - ideally use uprated pads/discs/calipers and fluid, if not at least make sure you have a decent pad material and fluid as this does not cost much to do!
Old 30 June 2003, 01:06 AM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

the standard Subaru bushes, IF in good condition (which they might still be even in a five year old car if it has low-ish miles), are perfectly up to the job.
Old 30 June 2003, 01:11 AM
Sprint Chief
Scooby Regular

What's your point, rolleyes?

Sure brand new/stiffer bushes will give better feel etc. but to say good condition bushes make the car suddenly "an accident waiting to happen" are the ramblings of an idiot.

But then I guess ten years of amateur motorsport experience counts for nothing compared to the greatness of Claudius and Mycroft... lol I don't suppose that will sound anywhere near sarcastic enough on a BBS

Quick Reply: mycroft