Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Cavalier thrashed my TVR

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2003, 02:52 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving home from Henley to Woodley, down the A4 from Wargrave.

I leave the Wargrave roundabout and join the A4, give it a bit of welly and leave the car behind me standing- didnt even notice he was there. Slow to 40mph during the 40mph bit- see car behind come flying up behind me and sit 2 ft of my bumper and right in the middle of the lane (no overtake opertunity though)

At this point Danni Minouges "i begin to wonder" finishes and Justin Trouser Snake comes on- now the MP3 player is new so i start to fiddle with it (not a big justin fan)

Now appraoching a roundabout (by the fuel station) where the road goes dual for 200 yards (still 40mph) then over the roundabout, stays dual and goes derestricted. As the dual bit starts cav boy (with blue washer jets...how cooool!) starts to overtake- im still trying to sort out justin and have now dropped a cd case on the floor which im trying to get....i speed up a little so cav is by the side of me- i dive below and rescue the cd- pop back up and im on the roundabout- glance over my shoulder and see cav has gone round the roundabout- so i change to 4th which means the gear lever is away from the MP3 so i can eject justin and stick Kylie in (who was lost in the footwell) as justin pops out i notice cav boy had been in my blind spot and not gone round so hes now nailing it past me.

now i have justin in my mouth while im trying to shove kylie in the slot (easyyyyyyy) and cant touch the *** cause the MP3 tray is out to allow the cd in......so i accelerate in 4th at about 30mph of the roundabout and pull level with cav (whos in 2nd and about to blow)

Finally sorted out the pop duo and now have to decide- drop down and undertake which would mean an illegal manouver and its getting dark so no idea if a follwing car is police or stay in 4th, undertake a bit later and hope i do it before i run into the back of the golf that im coming up fast on in my lane.

so i dont bother and just turn kylie up!

follow laughing boys down Sutton Hill and think "i'll have em as they go up the A329 slip road...but they go straight on into Reading laughing and making w4anker signs at the TVR they thrashed!!!!!

anyway.....point is they no doubt will post on crapcars.co.uk that their car is faster than a 4.5 litre TVR blah, blah, blah......and i suppose they were!

Theres a moral here somewhere about yourwife using your laptop to download here songs onto your cd's but i cant quite figure out what it is!

T

ps- if you drive a crappy cav with blue bits.........i'll have you next time (justin no longer lives in my car)
Old 06 May 2003, 04:25 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Old 06 May 2003, 05:55 PM
LanciaChris
Scooby Regular

Thats classic, much better than all these i beat a lada off the lights business posts.
Old 06 May 2003, 06:45 PM
Richie1
Scooby Regular

Nice to see someone driving with undue care and attention coming on and slagging someone else off

Old 05 June 2003, 04:22 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Talking

MMmmmmmm

Fancy a drive out Harlestone/Chapel Brampton way?

[Edited by davyboy - 5/6/2003 4:23:39 PM]
Old 05 June 2003, 04:54 PM
Terzo228
Scooby Regular

Wink

your car's a mess then

(edited to say i can't spell)

[Edited by Terzo228 - 5/6/2003 4:55:07 PM]