Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Trade Sales (Slough)

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2003, 09:21 AM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Has anyone on here bought from Trade Sales in Slough?
If so what experiences have you had, good/bad?
Anything to watch out for in terms of getting the car supported by UK manufacturers after purchase.
I was thinking of getting a Focus TDCI (115), Mondeo TDCI (130) or Ibiza Sport 130.
Old 23 February 2003, 10:59 AM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Make sure you've got your service/warranty books, etc before you leave. The amount of times people use to come into the garage I managed saying that they were told to come to us for Pdi'ing servicing and warranty books was unreal. Apart from that they seem to be one of the cheapest around for new/late cars..although it might be worth taking a written quote into your local Dealer to see what they can do before you buy one. At least that way you get proper attention (in theory) if something does go wrong.

hth's

Nath
Old 23 February 2003, 04:27 PM
stan
Scooby Regular

We bought a Pug 206GTi from them last March. Customer service isn't brilliant but we saved 20% on the UK price with the only difference being a 1 year warranty instead of 3 but we've just bought a 2 year warranty from Peugeot UK for £300.

Tips are to make sure you that you get a copy of the certificate of conformity, a copy of the original bill of sale, spare keys and that all the service books, manuals etc. are in English. Also check that the battery cables are connected properly - ours weren't so the car wouldn't start the day after we bought it.

Old 23 February 2003, 05:51 PM
Recaro
Scooby Regular

I would second that. Make sure you have copy of the certificate of conformity and a copy of the original bill of sale.

My mum bought a Peugeot 206 CC last March. Delivered it very quick, she phoned in Jan and they had a car for her by Feb.They kept it for her till March so she could have it on a newer reg plate.

I'd agree about the customer service.

Some Dealers will make trouble for you ie, not accepting the warranty. Apparently Trade Sales put alot of Main dealers out of business. Peugeot used to have a garage next door and trade sales stole all their business.
Old 25 February 2003, 08:26 AM
Regacy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Bought a Focus from them a couple of years ago, had a couple of small problems with it, they sent us to the local ford dealer to get it sorted out under warranty.
Second everything that's been said above,
Poor customer service, but the whole thing runs on a pile them high sell them cheap basis so you get what you pay for.
They are dam cheap though!
r