Should i buy a 225 TT?

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2003, 11:02 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Well folks im thinking aloud again!

After watching wrong car right car my other half says when you get rid of your A3 and i get my 5 door a3 why dont you get a TT!

ive always fancied one, and theres only really me in it all week apart from mondays when i have our 2year 9months little girl in the car, but we would have the 5 door a3 for family outings.

are they any TT owners on here with any feed back, do small children fit in the back?

other option is the A4 quattro, but im 29 and it could be alittle grown up for me??

has anyone been on holiday in there TT ccan you get any luggage in one?

Thanks in advance.

Lee
Old 17 February 2003, 11:18 PM
mark-wrx
Scooby Regular

lee [
you can fit a small child in the back but the front seats will have to be moved right froward for their legs to fit,its really a 2 seater mate .
mark
Old 17 February 2003, 11:24 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Hmmm im off to the audi dealer tomorrow mark vfor a closer inspection!
we will have another car for the family, so it could be all mine
driven S3s before presume be similar? apart from visability.

Do like the new A4s but feel bit older persons car?

Lee
Old 18 February 2003, 12:25 PM
Dixie P1
Scooby Regular

Lee

You will get your daughter in no problem.I was out in my mates at the weekend with my son who is the same age and he fits in easy.

Cheers Dean.
Old 18 February 2003, 01:08 PM
smanning
Scooby Regular

Angry

hey lee..... Im only 24 .... old mans car !!
Old 18 February 2003, 01:09 PM
foz01
Scooby Regular

do it

easy to mod too, just becoming a bit common though
Old 18 February 2003, 01:29 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Don't do it - they're fast becoming un-cool.

Trending Topics

Old 18 February 2003, 01:31 PM
RB5#295
Scooby Regular

No.
TT is a German acronym for arsehole - everybody's got one.

Seriously, it's a gorgeous shape, but when did one last turn your head? See? You know you'll see another one in 2 mins if you miss the one in front of you now.

Yesterdays car, bought by people who want a 'sporty' car but don't know **** about cars.

All IMHO of course...

Fen

[Edited by RB5#295 - 2/18/2003 1:34:09 PM]
Old 18 February 2003, 02:55 PM
smanning
Scooby Regular

hear hear...... you do see a certain "type" driving them
Old 18 February 2003, 03:23 PM
Pie_n_Chips
Scooby Regular

Location: up a bit, left a bit, down a bit, to the right no left ahhh just there
No.
TT is a German acronym for arsehole - everybody's got one.
says the scooby owner LOL
Old 18 February 2003, 03:51 PM
Veracocha
Scooby Regular

So then smanning. Would you care to elaborate on this 'certain type' of person who drives a TT?
Old 18 February 2003, 04:12 PM
Anonymous bob
Scooby Regular

noooo.... Don't do it!! Its just a golf in drag... and 0-60 in 6.6... a bit crap! It is more of a fashion statement, than a car... the peeps in em care more by what peeps think of them, rather than how they enjoy the car. There are always exceptions, but get summit else. Did anyone see wrong car, right car.. my point proven? Like the chap said, you could get an M3 for that cash...
Old 18 February 2003, 04:13 PM
Anonymous bob
Scooby Regular

PS... It looks like a bar of soap!
Old 18 February 2003, 04:15 PM
foz01
Scooby Regular

Golf in drag, with the same suspension, steerign and brakes as the R32, it seems to be ok

shut up mate

and 0-60 in sub 6 with grunt to **** of all bar imports and p1's aint to hard [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 18 February 2003, 04:20 PM
Veracocha
Scooby Regular

I guess this is the response you will get if you ask about a TT on Scoobynet.

Best bet would be to visit tyresmoke.net or Audi-sport.net. Then you will get a reasonable non-idiotic opinion.

I just hope anyone here who is taking the **** out of the TT does not own a 'bug-eye'.
Old 18 February 2003, 04:50 PM
mista weava
Scooby Regular

personally i yawn at tt's.

they are not in the same league as scoobs - unless you wish to ponce around town, looking fly then get one! obviously they are very fast.

however, never here of them being much competiton for scoobs, i have yet to see a "tt v's scoob which is faster" style thread. or "got blown away by tt in scoob" type thread either.

depends what you wan the car for.

if you get one for chriss sake DO NOT get a merc/bmw/volkswagen/seat/audi/ every other car on the goddam road silver!
really naff! the xr3i of the coupe world in that colour - euuugh!

they are sexy in design, but i don't dig them on the whole.

IMO so no flames you lot!

weava

[Edited by mista weava - 2/18/2003 4:51:16 PM]
Old 18 February 2003, 05:52 PM
Many Humbug Returns
Scooby Regular

In answer to the question of what "types" drive TT's, it depends on the sex of the driver:

Women: Narcissistic, poor at driving but arrrogant and inconsiderate, bottle blonde, anorexic figure. poor educational achievement buit made the most of her looks to get a resonably well paid job or a well paid husband. Has 185 version.

Men: Narcissistic, effete dilletantes, with very fragile yet over-inflated egos, no deep passion for cars, 24-38 years age, membership of upmarket gym/sports club, educated at good state school or minor public school, degree not essential but if so from a middling university and not an intellectual. Ironically he is too effeminate to drive with the arrogance of his sister TT owner, just content with posing.
Old 18 February 2003, 05:53 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
LMFAO
Old 18 February 2003, 07:09 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hugh Grant drives one in "About A Boy".

<snigger>
Old 18 February 2003, 07:39 PM
Anonymous bob
Scooby Regular

Wink

Erm... May I make a point... as for the "shouldn't have asked on scoobynet" response, I don't even have a scooby. I've got a Rev 3 MR2 Turbo. So ner ner na ner ner... The chap asked whether he should get a TT, and you're getting all upset cos of the negative response...awwww
Old 18 February 2003, 08:39 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Humbug, very accurate and well expressed !

Mondeo is more exclusive, I like the looks but living in Cheshire and working in Manchester every third car is a TT, usually silver, they do a nice non met blues and reds nowadays though, the old colours were pants, in fact my pants are better colours.

Old 18 February 2003, 08:47 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

I would wait and drive the new 350Z.

287 bhp NA 3.5 litre RWD coupe and priced to take on the TT is the rumour.

Old 18 February 2003, 11:55 PM
Veracocha
Scooby Regular

Well thats a good point anonymous bob. But lets face it, some of the arguments put forward are pretty stupid.

I'm 22, and I drive an S3 so I have a car similar to the TT. That is not really why I am annoyed by these responses. It is because they are just uneducated stabs at TT drivers. I know plenty of TT drivers and they are nothing like what people are saying (I'm sure most normal people on this board realise that anyway). They are the same as Scoob owners. They are just passionate about Audi's instead.

I can tell you that point to point a TT225 is faster than a bug eye (non-STi). It is far better built and designed with better quality interior. It is easy to extract 270bhp and 300lb/ft just from a chip in which would make it a direct rival to an Sti7.

The problem I find with the TT though is that it is not as exciting to drive as the Scoob and does not sound as good.

It really depends what you want.
Old 19 February 2003, 12:56 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well Well, some well thought out relplys!

smanning my apollogies! i meant older persons car, more grown up, i still like em and would have one if the right one came up with the right kit!

Well as for passion about cars honestly...ive done the subaru thing chaps sorry, aftr 20months and 57k and 600 or so miles on track in one ive had quite enough.
wouldnt hve another unless it was to strip out and use for trackdays, but even then they understeer like a pig even with suspension mods.

cant say how say tt's are common on a scooby web site? round my way there is **** loads of scoobs with some right scallys pioting the things.
sorry scoobs are good but they are not the be all and end all of motoring!
im not to fussed on how fast a tt is on the road or wether it will do a scoob, i prefer trackdays to do my razzing around and im building a car just for that, so it going to be a daily driver.
cant see how they are getting uncool just coz w4nker clarkson says so in top gear, in years to come they will probably be classics not like the jacked up version of wrx/sti thats doing the rounds.

and i actually quite like silver ones just like i was a sheep when i had my scoob and bought DBM!

and as for catorgarising the owners you ae way off the mark matey, dont do gyms or health clubs, train at home wher i can concentrate, didnt go to uni either, dont need to worry about my ego, my scoob took care of that with its **** off spoiler and noisey zorst LOL

Verracocha i quite fancy a S3 but im on my second A3 already but i do take a second look if i come across one, if one turned uup at my local dealers and i liked it i might be tempted more room etc.
nice trim in the S3 though prefer it over the TT, maybe ill just chip my Tdi quattro and harras some scoobs

Lee
Old 19 February 2003, 01:07 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

J4cko if the TT is less exclusive than a mondeo, what car do you currently drive thats so exclusive to make me think otherwise??

is it a rare car you have? could you talk me into buying such a well chassied driving machine?

chrisp ive looked at the mag shots of the 350z, looks tempting but i think rear wheel drive could be a problem in my area with the weather, the backlanes never get treated and i need to get there for my work, tt being 4wd kinda sways it a little.
i still might buy a A4 yet.

RB295 am i right in saying your a poker fan? think ive seen your name on the porker threads, and love your 944, and i would have one but i cover 35k a year nd would worry about matenence costs with it being older?

Lee
Old 19 February 2003, 08:15 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Angry

Jesus. There are some small minded, head up their **** people on here. Get real. The TT is a GREAT car period.
What other car has the design and quality for the price? Hmmm.. I cannot think of too many.
I have a silver 180 TT coupe (company car) and I cannot fault it bar the common coil pack problem (went at 28,000 miles). I have just driven my 13 miles to work in total luxury with leather, aircon, climate, CD etc etc. EVERY time I get in the car I look at the interior and think "cool". Saying that I love design. Some people would not appreciate say a Tumi bag, Panerai watch or a BB Italia sofa, BUT I DO! So there!

Driving the TT is NOT as much fun as a scoob, but I do enjoy it, and when it comes to it's primary purpose, i.e. getting me around the country with minimum fuss and effort and in comfort with a bit of go and style, well, it does that in spades.

As to the comments about a "certain" type of person driving a TT, well that made me chuckle! Do I fall in this category?! Hmmm.. I think not. For a start, I also have the choice of a 190BHP Westfield and a Classic Scoob to complement my "hairdressers" car

Mossman
Old 19 February 2003, 09:05 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

LMAO @ mossman!

mossman the most ironic thing is i am actually a hairstylist!
and part time property developer

lee
Old 19 February 2003, 09:16 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

I think this forum should be renamed to :

Ex-Owners who want to slag them off forum
Old 19 February 2003, 09:32 AM
Ali-T
Scooby Regular

Ask yourself this. Should you pay £30k for a car that can't quite keep up with a £16k CivicType-R? And before the TT drivers get all defensive, its been done many times...

Save yourself £4k and put a deposit on the 350Z. Now that's a real car
Old 19 February 2003, 09:39 AM
petey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

i like tt's, yeah i say if you can afford it go for it i would suggest the s line version

Quick Reply: Should i buy a 225 TT?