Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

BMW drivers

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2003, 09:26 AM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

The other day I was cruising along as usual in my BMW coming onto one of MY motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars. First off, I couldn’t believe that the volume of traffic DIDN’T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto MY motorway! (The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn). Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane. (Why do underlings use this lane? Surely everyone knows it is for BMW drivers only?).

Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph! Naturally, I got to within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn’t be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way. Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me! He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.

Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast! Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my driver’s licence to a Police Station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They’re not free points either - they’re £20 each and I was only allowed 3). But the man at the Police Station said that because I drive a BMW, it won’t be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won’t even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me! See, now THAT’s the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW.
Old 13 February 2003, 09:29 AM
Scooby Snacks
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 13 February 2003, 09:35 AM
DaveJones
Scooby Regular

lmao - how true!
Old 13 February 2003, 09:36 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Cool

Scooby In Lake Shocker!

Another Shocker - driving to work today following a BM 330. Came to a bit of dual carriageway and I held back a bit to let him pull out and overtake a lorry, and he politely waved me on! When I checked my mirror I saw him (a small speck in the distance ) pulling out to do his overtake. So you see - there are some considerate BMW drivers out there.

Charlie.
Old 13 February 2003, 09:39 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Magic
Old 13 February 2003, 09:39 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Precisely, there are plenty of **** driving scoobs too. If I had to generalise though, I'd say it's drivers of slightly older (J-P reg) BMW's who seem to be the pri5ks.
Old 13 February 2003, 09:47 AM
DaveJones
Scooby Regular

Question

Has anyone else noticed that half the population of older bmw drivers seem to have gone and traded them in for new ford focus's?

Well they drive the same anyway!!!!!
Old 13 February 2003, 10:41 AM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

LOL

I had a real shock at the weekend, when a Beemer let me out of my road. She's was quite fit too.

Cheers

Dan
Old 13 February 2003, 10:51 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts
Old 13 February 2003, 10:59 AM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Oh my God........... I'll have to make up for these generous road behaviours by being more inconsiderate on the way home....

Ex-Scooby Driver (Now a pr*ick in a N Reg BMW with no intention of getting a Focus)

J
Old 13 February 2003, 11:06 AM
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

Beemers rock iz geting a 328i sport
Old 13 February 2003, 01:47 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Give me a break you ba$tards

I flash everyone out!
I don't cut anyone up!

-DV, M3 owner (gulp!)

Old 13 February 2003, 01:57 PM
smanning
Scooby Regular

too true
Old 13 February 2003, 02:37 PM
londonpaul
Scooby Regular

hahahahahaha! that is f-ing funny
Old 13 February 2003, 03:22 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

Smile

DazV WROTE:

>> I flash everyone out! <<

People get arrested for that sort of thing. AND you'll get more than 3 points on your wossname ...
Old 13 February 2003, 03:30 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

good one LOL

Old 13 February 2003, 04:08 PM
Nick n Jewels
Scooby Regular

LOL at the post!! very amusing

I'm always polite, specially if the other BMW driver is a fit bloke!! always give way!!

Jewels
Old 13 February 2003, 04:53 PM
jhd
Scooby Regular

Smile

Old 13 February 2003, 11:25 PM
BigMikeyBoy
Scooby Regular

Heard that being read out on Capital FM the other morning as i was travelling in to work. Guess what the other car was beside me? I was pi$$ing myself with laughter and i could tell he was also listening as he didnt look too amused!!!

Mikey
Old 14 February 2003, 01:14 AM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

Smile

Q. Why have you got your fog lights on in this superb sunshine?

A. It's a BMW dummy! .....

There's more ..... nah, better not ...
Old 14 February 2003, 08:33 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Q. Why have you got your fog lights on in this superb sunshine?

A. It's a BMW dummy! ....
Thats rich coming from an MG driver - do MGs have a foglight 'off' setting? or do they just use Saxo fog light wiring looms?

I do agree that there are plenty of tools driving BMWs, but then there are plenty of tools driving Scoobs now, and Saxos, and Novas, and Fords, and CTRS, and Renaults and.......

I have had several BMWs (sold the last 4 months ago) and other drivers treat BMW drivers far worse than any other car I have owned/driven. People will purposely not let you pull on to a motorway, will seemingly make a point of cutting you up, etc. Horses for courses...at the end of the day it's sod all to do with the car it's the w*anker behind the wheels, and it will matter not what car he/she is in - they will still drive like a ******, it is just in vogue to hate BMWs....stems from a degree of envy and the fact that on average BMWs are more powerful and thus the tool in the BMW will go faster and be more noticeable than the tool in the 1l Nova.

People who judge others on the badge on their cars are the same shallow ****** that buy a car for what it is rather than what it does in the first place!
Old 14 February 2003, 05:47 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

>> People who judge others on the badge on their cars are the same shallow ****** that buy a car for what it is rather than what it does in the first place! <<

Insurance companies see things differently from the evidence they collate from their claims departments. There is a definite link between certain drivers attitudes and the kind of vehicle they are attracted to and buy.

Anyway, I'm fitting Bull Bars on my daily driver Sherman Tank ... so watch out all you drivers of lesser vehicles ...
Old 14 February 2003, 06:11 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

More seriously, when GaryC wrote:

>>People will purposely not let you pull on to a motorway, will seemingly make a point of cutting you up, etc. Horses for courses...at the end of the day it's sod all to do with the car it's the w*anker behind the wheels<<

My observations show that with ever increasing stress levels being constantly jacked up in all aspects of modern life, plus sooo many drivers chasing money on our vehicle over-infested roads, these observations can apply to the drivers of just about any vehicles. Be they White Van Man, 6 axle truck guy, BMW important person , or lowly MG driver (fog lights, rich .... wossat then?). It's the "Me 1st" syndrome .... my needs are more important than yours - I didn't just cut you up, I'm just always behind schedule and thus always in a hurry .... can't be doing with ordinary manners and other niceties .... no time ... simple as that.

Be warned, it aint going to get any better ...... unless we ALL want it to! Precious little evidence of that about in recent times.

There you go. Cheered you all up nicely ...

Go on then, prove me wrong !!!

P.S. I can afford a new BMW but will NEVER, repeat never buy one as long as there is good home product available. If/When home product is no longer available ... who WE gonna blame? ...! I_do_give_a fvk .... unlike many I could mention.
Old 15 February 2003, 08:35 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

I think there is an element of that, but in my experiance, I get treated far worse by other road users when driving a BMW than when in other cars...and my last Beemer was an Estate! I now have a Merc and I get a lot more courteous (or rather just common decent) treatment from other road users. And this isn't 'people getting out of my way' it is the guy sitting in the inside lane of the motorway with lanes 2 and 3 empty not moving over when you come down the sliproad, or accelerating as you overtake, or moving over as you try to overtake etc. Go Figure.

On the buy british arguement, I would if there was a competitive product made by a British manufacturer, or even just made in Britain, but while the British/UK made cars are still so far behind the cars I look at I'm afraid my cash goes elsewhere.

My last cars purchased/ownered have been Merc ML430, BMW 330d, Impreza MY99 PPP, Alfa 3.0 GTV, Alfa 156 V6, BMW M3 SMG, BMW 523i, BMW 323 conv.,

There wasn't (and still isn't) a competitve british alternative to any of the above.

On the 'never buy a BMW while there is....' I can't think of a single car in the BMW range (or Merc, or Audi) that has a genuinely competitve british alternative? When there is, perhaps people will migrate back towards british products, but why have to put up with an inferior product just so you can 'buy british'. For god's sake, even our own government chooses foreign products/manufacturers over british
Old 15 February 2003, 10:07 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

a lot of it boils down to jealousy.
people dont want to save/work hard and appreciate nice things.
instead they just begrudge other people having them!!!

scum society we live in. (partially anyway) - present co. excepted.

however if i'm hooning along a dualcarriageway and there is some bint in the fastlane for no reason, she will get the 6 light treatment!!!
people should use their mirrors, and the road properly.

Laugh out at MG boy, hahah saxo loom!!

drive safely

BB

Old 15 February 2003, 03:46 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

It was a joke people. Settle down. I'm sure you would have laughed if it said Audi or Volvo or Lada. Eisch.
Old 15 February 2003, 05:58 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

>>On the 'never buy a BMW while there is<<

I prefer FRONT wheel Drive for my daily driver .... simple as that. BMWs, Mercs .... no can do .... although they now have the technology for 4wd apparently .... wonder where that suddenly came from came from. After all said and done, they sold Land Rover to FoMoCo for 1.8 Billion quid so can't be that .... .

Why Front WD? ... ask some of my BMW driving colleagues following the recent poor winter driving conditions .... they now know why ... Ouch! ... nuff said!

Back in the 1960s, I also preferred certain alien marques, much to the chagrin of relatives, colleagues, friends and others who severely chastised me for my choices. Green jobs on the new paintwork and all ..... nothing new there .... It was not the done thing to buy foreign product then, gerry built or whatever. Now everybody buys foreign .... not me, not now. You can keep your alien wheels ...

Brits are crap, Foreign is best, Brits are crap ..... say it often enough ....

Just my humble opinion you understand ....
Old 15 February 2003, 06:14 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

Smile

P.S.

New MG ZS on order ... Trophy blue with 17" alloys. Going for the low wing tho' .... dont want to look too much like a certain nipponese product ... ... Why go for inferior product? I LIKE 'EM .... and in the final analysis, that's all that matters. I'll keep the old turbos though ... great funmobiles much to the chagrin or those driving "lesser" BMWs and other overated vehicles ...

As I said, you can keep your superior alien wheels ...
Old 15 February 2003, 06:19 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

hahahah front wheel drive is for girlie pussies, who have less than 50bhp.

yes bmws are quite a handfull in the snow, but hey we've had about 4 days snow out of 365. (what does this mean??)

Front wheel drives may get you out of a supermarket carpark in 6" of snow, but they are worth a w4nk in other conditions!!

Unless your a powerless oik who cant drive and wees his pants if the back slides out!!!

mummy!!!!!!

BB

Old 15 February 2003, 06:25 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

beemerboy ...

You're remarks are wasted ... when I bought my first car (probably when you were an immature ovum in your mother's ovaries ... not much change there ) the ONLY choice was rear wheel drive !!!! ..... and when you came up behind a cop car poodling along at a mere 70 mph, he'd move over and WAVE YOU By .... I kid you not .... youze don't know you're born ...

Bet you drive one of those "lesser" jobbies with an M badge on the back ....

All said and done .... we're all motoring enthusiasts under the skin ... or are you an exception ....

Quick Reply: BMW drivers