Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

A matter of perception

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2002, 11:03 AM
Black Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Since having my X-Type (which has been 3 weeks now) I have never experienced so much aggression as I have in the last few weeks.

I owned a Scoob for seven years, and never had more people up my back side, more people cutting me up, more people trying to beat me off the line and other types inconsiderate driving as I've seen lately... No I haven't changed my driving style... My new car is probably just as fast and corners a whole lot better so I don't understand it at all.

But then again maybe it's just the type of people that are around at the moment.

P

Old 18 December 2002, 12:12 PM
mik
Scooby Regular

When I drive the missus's Ka I find I'm the source of far more tailgating / cutting up etc [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 18 December 2002, 12:27 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Angry

You want to try driving a "slow" car.
When in the spider I get all that and more [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
If I saw a car as old as mine I personally would not tail-gate it at all.
On the M25 I like to leave a decent distance between me and the car in front, always gets taken and then I get the tail gaiter giving me even more grief.
And when they pass you/cut you up do they drive any quicker ... do they bollocks [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Fortunately I have a jazz cd ...

I'm off for a cup of Horlicks ...
Old 18 December 2002, 05:38 PM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Red face

Had the same thing with my car. Don't know if it's something about feeling protective towards a new motor and just "feeling" like people are being aggressive around you. I think that's what it was with me.

Tend to still get people tailgating, but if they want to sniff fumes from 4 exhausts, then so be it!

End of the day though, could just be that you have a stunning looking X-Type and they're jealous.

Matt
Old 19 December 2002, 10:03 AM
Black Cat
Scooby Regular

But.... then there are morning like today......

Girlie in clapped out Fiesta.... up my back side all the way down the main road.... then we turn into country lane.... windy windy... icy icy..... me... 4 wheel drive.... zoom off (first time we get proper chance to test it)... round the bends... holding...speed up round the bend ... still holding..... look in rear view..... opps... girlie in Fiesta way behind....... Fiesta slip slidding all over the shop.... ha ha...... there is a god....!!!

P
Old 19 December 2002, 10:05 AM
WISHING
Scooby Regular

I know exactly what your saying BC.. I have the same problem with mine. But as mine is a company car i just give it back to them !!!!

Im all for a bit of road rage. !

Wish