Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Audi RS6 sales bumf - have you SEEN it..??!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2002, 11:03 AM
DaveS6
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

I find the sterring very good.. actually one of the best parts of the car.. it' heavier than before in my S6.. 'meaty' is the word for it. It's typical quattro.. something I learnt to really like.. it's different to the feel of a BMW or Merc, but I don't critisise it.. it's just have to accept it's different and I prefer (on day to day road use)the grip and traction.

The new dynamic suspension is fantastic for a car that is unboubtly heavy, it really puts all of it's power down when exiting corners.. very pleased.

I was out with a couple of mates in their 450bhp AMD RS4's and there was nothing in it at all.. we were all really suprised...the RS6 really held it's own and if anything is more refined..

It doesn't give you that raw feeling of speed, you look at the speedo and think.. ****e!!!... is that how I'm going.... it'll cruise (and I mean cruise.. quiet!!) at 120mph all day long

yum
Dave

[Edited by DaveS6 - 12/11/2002 11:05:17 AM]
Old 25 November 2002, 10:37 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Question

My friendly local Audi dealer entrusted me with a copy of what has to be one of the most elaborate sales "brochures" i've ever seen. It's a hard-backed book, 40 pages long, on finest heavy paper, with transparent inserts and all sorts. Very, very impressive.

And apparently you should only be able to get hold of one if you've ordered the car, or were one of the very first to express an interest in it.

So the question is, is this a valuable book? Have there been similar publications which have gone on to be very sought after? Not that i'm not going to return it, but whether it would be worth my while making him an offer he can't refuse...

[Edited by TelBoy - 11/25/2002 10:38:39 AM]
Old 25 November 2002, 10:47 AM
Alberick
Scooby Regular

Oh so finally they learned how to make decent brochures, like the Japanese carmakers, get a ''brochure'' from a GTR, new Nissan Z etc, they all come like that.
Is the brochure for the RS6 really focusing on the car or more on the ''man&wife scene being happy with their baby in the back smiling all over the face''?
Old 25 November 2002, 10:50 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

A sales brochure that you can only get hold of if you've already ordered the car or expressed interest?

Am I missing something here?
Old 25 November 2002, 10:53 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Al, yes it is. Very Germanic. Very matter of fact, although they did try to inject a little humour at one point which i think you actually have to be German to appreciate!

So this is nothing unusual then? I'm surprised - in the shops this sort of quality would cost £30 or so i'm sure, and that's without the exclusivity that comes with this.
Old 25 November 2002, 10:56 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Brendan, true, but then you can't actually test-drive an RS6 unless you buy one!! That could be a very expensive £55,000 mistake (though i doubt it, this is one MEAN machine..!!).
Old 25 November 2002, 11:01 AM
merkin
Scooby Regular

Tel, I've got the brochure, and one of the toy cars they give you of your colour when you order.
Got cos i went along to the dealer with a mate who had ordered.

I'll sell you mine for 500 quid
Old 25 November 2002, 11:03 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hehehe, well at least we've got a market. 20 - 500 we are!!

Anyone close it up at all?
Old 25 November 2002, 11:11 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

Wink

Very matter of fact, although they did try to inject a little humour at one point which i think you actually have to be German to appreciate!
Schadenfreuden?
Old 25 November 2002, 11:13 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Indeed carl, though i think it was unintentional!
Old 09 December 2002, 12:45 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Having seen the RS6 last night on Top Gear, i will be having a garage sale to raise every last penny to get on of these things.

Anybody care to bid on a set of Mini wheel nuts, to start me off??
Old 09 December 2002, 01:46 PM
DaveS6
Scooby Regular

Had mine a couple of months now and it's everything Clarkson said is was

Superb!
Old 09 December 2002, 02:07 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Dave,

Excellent! Talk to me about the most magazines' complaint about the "rubbery" initial feel on steering. Anything else i need to consider? I'm far too close for comfort to ordering one of these - talk me out of it please!!
Old 10 December 2002, 05:57 PM
Merc_Cosworth
Scooby Regular

TelBoy

You've got Mini nuts?

at least you have the guts to admit it

Cackle Cackle
Old 11 December 2002, 10:10 AM
TurboKitty
Scooby Regular

Smile

You know you want to Tel, so just order the thing already!

Old 11 December 2002, 10:29 PM
Little Miss WRX

Talking

I saw one go past me a couple of days ago.

Nice looks, nice sounds. (Nice guy in the driver's seat too ) - well I can look can't I.
Old 12 December 2002, 01:36 PM
shunty
Scooby Regular

hello daveS6 - nice to see your pleased with your new motor, they look awesome......IIRC, 1 of the top car programmes said it was considerably faster round the track than a 911 carrera 4

ps-I'll be buying a used one, for the weekend, when they come down to 5 grand

shunty
Old 12 December 2002, 07:47 PM
cfc
Scooby Regular

but will the wheels warp like with the rs4's !!!!????
stopped in traffic my99 with the windows open alongside a beauty, RS4 because they are beauty's, insanely jealous asked how many rims he'd got through..... 7 in one year was the answer ouch!!!!!! Hope Audi have sorted it out had the chance to drive one fan bloody tastic only the AMG MErc sl55 beats it for me anyway......
Old 12 December 2002, 09:46 PM
DaveS6
Scooby Regular

Guys.. no problems with rims yet.. I have the 19" five spoke.(255/35)

If you want to see my car go to : www.tyresmoke.co.uk and click on gallery.. you'll see my car at the first tyresmoke meet

Cheers
Dave
Old 13 December 2002, 02:29 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Question

Dave,

Was speaking to one of the guys at the Essex Xmas bash last night, who's a 22B owner, but who used to run an RS4 alongside it before down-sizing to an S3.

His overall comment, of the RS4 at least, was that it is, as you say the RS6 is, a consumate motorway devourer, but not a real driver's car in the same way that an Imprza, Evo or similar is. Would you concur? The last thing i want to do is buy into an effortless, but ininvolving experience.
Old 13 December 2002, 08:38 PM
DaveS6
Scooby Regular

Audi have really smartened up the suspension with the RS6 with this dynamic set up where it's oil driven diagionally across the car. More complex than I really understand but it does keep the car increadibly flat throught the corners....

The speed I can carry through bends now would leave my previous S6 absolutly standing. The only way you really notice how fast it is on A and B roads (of which we have loads in Cornwall) is the lack of any traffic in your rear mirror. Just a little prod of the acclerator and you are pulling away.. it realy is that awsome.... just beacuse you are not working the stick like crazy and useing the red line does not stop it being fun

On the other hand you have to remember that this is not a 2 door coupe.. it's a heavy , powerful, excutive estate (in my case). It is not going to corner like a hot hatch. It will corner quicker of course, but not with the same 'seat of your pants' action.

I also have a Toyota Yaris T-Sport which I also love. It is all revs and road noise which can be great fun and you are always up and down on the close ratio gearbox.. all good fun. You have to remember that the RS6 is a completly different drive.. if I was driving 500 miles across Europe I would be hard matched to find anything as accomlished as the Audi. For a quick blat to the local garden centre the Yaris is magic fun.

Hope that helps
Regards
Dave

[Edited by DaveS6 - 12/13/2002 8:40:08 PM]
Old 13 December 2002, 09:51 PM
Veracocha
Scooby Regular

Dave,

I was suprised how fast the Yaris was! Cool little gem of a car! One thing I will say is that it would probably suprise the A31.8T boys!

BTW did you ever find Hopsta's car keys in your Yaris?