Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Buying a GTI-R

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2002, 11:05 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've already posted on this topic so excuse this follow up please !

I've looked at a few GTI-R's over the past month or so and got the chance of a relatively cheap example : £4k for a 92 with 70k on the clock : looks pretty well kept, standard (exhaust, engine and wheels), very good interior, not the usual scruffy pedal rubbers / gearknob / gaitor / worn seats.
2 questions : 1 relating to this one and one a more general one :

The others I've seen had between 45 + 55k miles, this one shows higher but drives as well : is 70k miles too high to buy at ? The car looks pretty good : it ain't perfect but the price is good so with the saving I would make I could easily tidy the couple of things with the bodywork that detract a little from the overall look of the car and still have paid less than the average price these cars seem to go for.
Also I wonder if anyone has had any dealings with WEL Autos in Tillicoultry nr Stirling : I've contacted them as they source imports and they reckon they can get what I want : I haven't heard their names mentioned by anyone in the past and would appreciate peoples experiences (mail me offline if you'd prefer).

Finally, does anyone know the car that I mention above : grey J**9C*S sold on to the dealer by (I think) Fraser MacMillan who lives in the Aberdeen area and now has a red Impreza.

Cheers

Andy