Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

M5, Whoooaaaa

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2002, 09:55 PM
Mark Jackson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As part of my programme to compare the performance of my aged GTI Golf against everything (you may remember the Diablo thread) I had a go at a new shape M5 last night (CMR ***) from south Manchester/Cheshire, what a beast and what a well mannered sensible driver giving me a chance to catch up and then showing me the error of my ways.

Best fun I have had in ages and a proper challenge (sic) after Golf TDI's and TT's

Old 25 October 2002, 10:28 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Mark whats happened? i also love the mk2 gti but you always seemed so sensible from other posts regarding your volvo etc.

now you seem to be drinking "Saxo boy!" juice and racing anything!

are you o.k? just concerned.

p.s do you want to sell your golf?
Old 26 October 2002, 08:49 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Uncalled for dude! I don't race everything. In fact, despite all the moaning on here I've been amazed how few people have tried it on with the scooby. I suspect you've read my other post where I've had two brief tussles in the one day. Please don't think i'm some little boy racer **** though caues half way through 2nd gear with the TT I concluded it was too wet and backed off despite having lots of road left to play on.

Good question though Lee, what happened? When I raced the new M3 in the VTS (similar to your golf for performance) I got humped very badly. In fact, its the only car I've ever raced that made me look totally stupid
Old 26 October 2002, 10:55 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

I see that same M5 every morning c7am on Deansgate (dark blue?). Usually pulling out of the side road by ellis brigham and booting it up deansgate. mmmmmm...V8
Old 26 October 2002, 03:20 PM
Mark Jackson
Scooby Regular

I am re-living my youth !

And anyway, I used to race anything in the Volvo.

I do however keep it sensible, always when its quiet and never take the brain out, just like to see what other performance (ahem) cars are like against the old banger, never based on aggression.

Besides you get more action with a Golf, all the new tackle seems to want to make a point