Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Help Me plese big brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2002, 11:37 PM
Mr Nova
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have a rather large problem with my rather old but good to learn in Nova. my front driver side disk cliper is stikin sumin terable, and not out but in, the old take the weel off and hit it with a large hammer aproch only lasts a few presses of the brake pedal now, first time i did it, it were fine fora a month of a lot of use, but i tried it again today and got as far as the first crossing one mile down the road before it decided to jam up again, by the time i'd draged the thing home in therd the disk was actuly glowing (and no i wasn't driving with the handbrake on) my instant reaction was of cawse "i am not drivin that heap of **** untill it's sorted, so as you can see (well read) its stikin prity dame hard, i've been told i need a new caliper, and i thort fair unuf and went and got a recon one from down the yard, but got home got the weel off and sudenly realised that i don't have a dame clue how to change the things over, so im askin here can anyone give me a little hand sortin my ickle problem, if not can u plese tell me were the heck i can get hold of a Hayes manual for the old dear, i've looked just about everywhere i can think off and found nothin.

chers

Mr Nova

god i haven written that much since school, ohh wait a minit im at collage oh well much to learn, and man i should stop typing so much my fingers are startin to hert. lol
Old 23 October 2002, 11:46 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try going back to school, and actually attending the English lessons, then ask again, someone might be able to read what you've written then!!!
Old 23 October 2002, 11:47 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Have a look on www.novaload.net forums they:

A) Might be able to understand you.
B) Might be able to help.
Old 24 October 2002, 06:04 PM
Mr Nova
Scooby Newbie

Red face

Oy ya ****** dum ***** ever herd of that rarther unhelpfull thing called dislexer (if thats how you spell it) yer nasty stuf shame i cant help it ay!!!
Old 24 October 2002, 06:36 PM
UkLegacyT
Scooby Regular

Mr Nova, best way to sort the problem is to buy a pair of re-con calipers.
you can fit new seals but this is only a short term fix, and you may well find that the pistons have slight corrosion on them, which will knacker the new seals anyway.

i used to have 2 manta's, and they use a very similar design of caliper, altough slightly larger, and i had nothing but stick with them....until i adapted volvo 4-pots to fit, but thats another story

think you can pick the nova calipers up for less than 100 quid each exchange.

ian
Old 24 October 2002, 06:44 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

Wink

Had a similar issue years and years and years ago on my Fiesta Supersport. You can fix it with WD40 for a while but bottom line is you need a new caliper. The cylinder is usually scratched or the seals are burst and the dust gets in and they stick. There is no real long term alternative to a new caliper. Short term fix is fire WD40 under the rubber(only when cold though).

Cheers
Cammy
Old 24 October 2002, 11:13 PM
Mr Nova
Scooby Newbie

yer i got that bit i jus need to get a hayes manual so i can see how the dame things fit in.