Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

audi/vag/seat/skoda premium bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2016, 11:01 AM
Emmaroids
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audi/vag/seat/skoda premium bluetooth

anybody got the premium bluetooth kit fitted to any of these cars (2012 on)

its the same kit fitted to most cars in the vag stable.

i just want to know what extra features you get if you use the premium part, i.e. rsap mode on your phone.

it enables car wifi,sms messaging and uses the cars gsm aerial rather than the handset.

my xperia z5 doesnt have rsap so i may buy another phone if the features are worth it.

what i want to know is, can you read/write text messages on the cars mfd (the display between the two gauges.)

my car is dsg so has the multi function steering wheel buttons, can these be used to write messages,i also have voice control so can you use this to write the messages and does the cars voice control read them out?

and finally does the cars gsm aerial make the reception noticably better?

thanks if anyone does know as the specific forums and dealer are proving to be not very much use.
Old 24 January 2016, 11:15 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Because mines a pre 2012 as more after have a Bluetooth for music aswell as car phone etc.
Although mine is Bluetooth for hands free call etc, it don't work with my music as earlier type I think, you have to plug lead in ami then to phone/iPod to listen.
But instead of plugging my phone ever time I enter car, I've fitted a Bluetooth device into ami socket so never have to manually plug lead in now and just controls my music via Bluetooth now, just like the newer audis do.
Old 24 January 2016, 11:17 AM
Emmaroids
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Because mines a pre 2012 as more after have a Bluetooth for music aswell as car phone etc.
Although mine is Bluetooth for hands free call etc, it don't work with my music as earlier type I think, you have to plug lead in ami then to phone/iPod to listen.
But instead of plugging my phone ever time I enter car, I've fitted a Bluetooth device into ami socket so acts just like newer cars.
yes the post 2012 cars had different bluetooth units, the streaming and phone works fine, just trying to work out if its worth getting a new rsap enabled phone or not,car has the mdi fitted for ipod too which is useless because i hate crapple stuff
Old 24 January 2016, 11:18 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

And I think most of what your asking, I think it will be voice activated to text etc, as mine is but has a hard time understanding my language, even though I've been through a voice test lol