Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

330D Turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2015, 07:55 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wondering if anybody here can shed any light.

Basically I've snapped my compressor wheel on my 330d. It's an earlier GT2260V turbo with an actuator and not the electronic malarkey.

Basically from what I've read it's a VNT turbo which means it can't be rebuilt due to each turbo being flowed from factory to minute tolerances, so changing impeller would seem out of the question.

However there are plenty of rebuild kits about and have read some people have managed to refurbish them ( unsure if they snapped the shaft like me, or if they have just renewed the seals etc )

Has anybody here any experience with these turbos and can they be rebuilt if they have been damaged like mine? I wouldn't need to touch the variable vane side of things and it should just come out ( I'm assuming ) easy enough, but having a new bearing, shaft and basically a complete overhaul, would it put the turbine out of tolerance?

Any help would be appreciated, as garrett state they are not serviceable items but a few of the companies like turbo dynamics, turbo technics etc seem to overhaul them, so just wondering if I can do the same in the position i'm in.

I will ring them tomorrow anyway but thought I'd ask here in the meantime.

Cheers

Craig