NBO feedback thread

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2013, 08:10 PM
blackpoolrock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lordharding
That's the trouble

We charge just £50 and I'm scared to put it up as they are small traders who are loyal and support the show every year

I would love to attract traders who would pay hundreds but there just isn't any traders who want to come despite a 11 year history ,unique event and hundreds of potential customer s

I even tasked Total impreza sales division for two years and they could not get any traders yet they had a magazine full of advertisers

Maybe I should just offer a free spot but then I could not host the event without income
Thanks to our principle sponser and our few local traders we just about break even
If it was a company that organises event that would be different but the criteria we set was for raising funds for charity and it's run by volunteers who fortunely are very well organised as you can witness by the quality of the show that we host
I think what you need here is the voice of the public lordharding ! If the traders new people were there willing to spend the would of come ! I for one had over 2k on me as I wanted wheels, splitter,stealing wheel and bucket seats. Couldn't get any of it !
Old 03 July 2013, 08:10 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by blackpoolrock
I'm sorry to say that for such a big outfit with such a great car Revolutions turnout was poor. It looked thrown up and very un professional.
Revolution is a family business, just like RCM. They aren't big organisations. What did you expect? A showroom on a trailer like the dealer? They probably make 95% of their money away from Subaru's.

On another thread you complained that Revolution's car was dirty, it was driven there and back, of course it would have road grime on it. It's not a trailer queen.

At least they made an effort, unlike the people selling stuff that just had things on the grass.

With all the piping and banging going off lets have a sound off ! When people started it it got people over to them and away fro the judjing
How about you **** off with that idea. Chav fest at it's finest. "Ooohhh look, I've got a dump valve"

ALS I don't mind so much, but, and I'm not the only one that thought and mentioned this at the time, quite a few people were waiting for the massive plume of white smoke when the engine shat itself, or a rod going through a block.
Old 03 July 2013, 08:13 PM
blackpoolrock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Revolution is a family business, just like RCM. They aren't big organisations. What did you expect? A showroom on a trailer like the dealer? They probably make 95% of their money away from Subaru's.

On another thread you complained that Revolution's car was dirty, it was driven there and back, of course it would have road grime on it. It's not a trailer queen.

At least they made an effort, unlike the people selling stuff that just had things on the grass.

How about you **** off with that idea. Chav fest at it's finest. "Ooohhh look, I've got a dump valve"

ALS I don't mind so much, but, and I'm not the only one that thought and mentioned this at the time, quite a few people were waiting for the massive plume of white smoke when the engine shat itself, or a rod going through a block.
Most cars there were driven there and they were clean - this thread isn't about one trader so lets keep that in that topic !

I agree with what you said about the plumes of white smoke - I was sure we were gonna see a piston making an appearance
Old 03 July 2013, 08:14 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

I think what you need here is the voice of the public lordharding ! If the traders new people were there willing to spend the would of come ! I for one had over 2k on me as I wanted wheels, splitter,stealing wheel and bucket seats. Couldn't get any of it !
Put the Iphone down.

Mate, when I went to my first NBO there was a lot more traders, be grateful for the ones that still attend. It's a sign of the times, even events like TOTB have seen a downturn in traders attending.

Revolution would have sold you everything you wanted, if you'd asked and they'd have had them delivered to you.
Old 03 July 2013, 08:16 PM
blackpoolrock
Scooby Regular

If I wanted it delivered id of gone on the net !
Old 03 July 2013, 08:17 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it was a great show i thought, never been before but i enjoyed it.
the weather was great and so were the cars.
these things are what you make them, had a nice drive there, got emma to clean my car, met up with some mates and helped raise some money for charity.

im pretty sure nobody really cares who wins what.

maybe charge a few more traders to raise a bit more money and tweak the judging but nothing major.

i think you are missing the point of nbo, its a charity event not a car show to line the pockets of santa pod,silverstone etc...id much rather my entrance fee and donation to put my car in the arena went somewhere worthwhile.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 03 July 2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03 July 2013, 08:21 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Most cars there were driven there and they were clean - this thread isn't about one trader so lets keep that in that topic !
It was on topic, mine was driven there and it wasn't clean. Most doesn't equal all. Besides that, it was in reply to your statement that Revolution looked unprofessional.
Old 03 July 2013, 08:23 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

It was on topic, mine was driven there and it wasn't clean. Most doesn't equal all. Besides that, it was in reply to your statement that Revolution looked unprofessional.

your car was dirty because you're lazy mickey, you need to hit lisa with a stick until she cleans it.

i trained emma well

Last edited by tubbytommy; 03 July 2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03 July 2013, 08:25 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

With regards to show cars/ daily cars most can tell the difference or even know the cars, there's only a handful of show cars after all, somebody could asign their classification on the day. It puts people off entering when they' know' a car that only ventures out at events. I honestly think a modified show car class will bring a new aspect to the NBO.
Oh and I loved it by the way and would happily pay the £50 as a trader and not sell anything. It's for charity.
Michael
Old 03 July 2013, 08:27 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
your car was dirty because you're lazy mickey, you need to hit lisa with a stick until she cleans it.

i trained emma well

Oh yes !!

And it was rumoured that someone with a fake roof vent cut the grass the night before knowing you suffered from hay fever To make you unwell

I'm sure that everyone loves you
Old 03 July 2013, 08:28 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by lordharding
Oh yes !!

And it was rumoured that someone with a fake roof vent cut the grass the night before knowing you suffered from hay fever To make you unwell

I'm sure that everyone loves you

my eyes were running for being so far up norf, i didn't realise the m1 went that far
Old 03 July 2013, 08:31 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

If I wanted it delivered id of gone on the net !
Revolution have always beaten online prices for me, and what the hell were you driving to get all your want list in? A van?

Gaffer Glenn was there on Sunday, as were Scruffy Glen and Andy who actually put their STI together. Other person on their stand was Keith.

Scruffy is in charge of the workshop, and Keith is in charge of the showroom. They've both been there since day 1. And they would have both given you the best price they could on what you wanted.

Shy bairns get no sweets and all that.
Old 03 July 2013, 08:31 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
Was my first year there.
Was set out well....but I was expecting it to be a bigger show.
You want to charge the burger van a few more £'s with what he had me over for
All in all it was a good enough run out.....til lightwater bummed me out of £92 just because my lil lad wanted to go play angry birds
Don't really know a lot of you's......passed tubbs on the a1 , missed my turnoff and got nabbed by a scamera van.......*****

I even washed the car only to find another rs in prestige condition and made mine look a shed

I've calmed down over the £92 raping, the possible 3 points........

But that burger van , he's on my naughty list
The burger van is supplied by LV as its their registered trader
He was a decent bloke who came up at the end and gave is a fifty quid donation for the charity
I was really impressed by this kind gesture as he will pay a fee direct to LV as nothing to do with us

Oh yes saw your RS looked smart and there ws another one on the arena who got a Trophey

3 points unlucky mate
Old 03 July 2013, 08:33 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
m1 went that far
It doesn't.

It becomes the A1.

Yes I am Lazy, I'm proud of it. Lisa doesn't get time to wash my car now that it's a daily driver.
Old 03 July 2013, 08:33 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Revolution are great and have attended 10 NBO and are a valued trader for us
Always great prices too
Glen is a top bloke to deal with
Old 03 July 2013, 08:35 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by donny andi
Was my first year there.
Was set out well....but I was expecting it to be a bigger show.
You want to charge the burger van a few more £'s with what he had me over for
All in all it was a good enough run out.....til lightwater bummed me out of £92 just because my lil lad wanted to go play angry birds
Don't really know a lot of you's......passed tubbs on the a1 , missed my turnoff and got nabbed by a scamera van.......*****

I even washed the car only to find another rs in prestige condition and made mine look a shed

I've calmed down over the £92 raping, the possible 3 points........

But that burger van , he's on my naughty list
i remember you passing me on the a1, trying to follow my sat nav to the m18
Old 03 July 2013, 08:37 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

It doesn't.

It becomes the A1.

Yes I am Lazy, I'm proud of it. Lisa doesn't get time to wash my car now that it's a daily driver.

my sat nav just said "they be monsters there" when i put in the postcode.
Old 03 July 2013, 08:56 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

You have trained Emma well, she's also your SatNav.

You'd have brain hemorrhage if you got this far North, never mind your runny eyes.
Old 03 July 2013, 09:03 PM
Emmaroids
BANNED

You have trained Emma well, she's also your SatNav.

You'd have brain hemorrhage if you got this far North, never mind your runny eyes.
Not trained just organised

Tubby gets a nose bleed as soon as he passes Nottingham!
Old 03 July 2013, 10:49 PM
richgreenscooby1
Scooby Regular

That's all very well but if you had taken the "theme" out of the winning stand then there is know way it would of won !
From NWC just for you ...

Coming from nwc club I think its very sad that their are such small minded people out their, this is supposed to be a family day with fun .......raising money for charity.... the amount of people that comment on how much they enjoyed the day was fab the KIDS LOVED it an not just the ones in our club!!!!!! Its other club members that do the voting! Just a shame that event we call our favourite because of how family friendly it is comes to this? I hope the small minded people are happy with them selves!!!! I remember ssc getting the same feed back because they read the rules and made an effort! !!! Harding ur doing a good job an so did the judges well done! !

Sharon from NWC.

Also one other thing where you with a club on the day then or independent ????

And if you are from a club why not ask the member if he voted NWC ??

Last edited by richgreenscooby1; 03 July 2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03 July 2013, 11:49 PM
wrxWillo
Scooby Regular

That's all very well but if you had taken the "theme" out of the winning stand then there is know way it would of won !
NWCS is one of the friendliest clubs you will ever come across with some very enthusiastic, knowlegeable and most importantly, friendly members.

I am a committee member of CADS and have always been made welcome at NWCS club stands, as I have with a number of clubs such as LADS etc. To make the above comment about their club stand not winning without a theme suggests that you therefore dont think they could win on friendliness, structure, club information etc etc which is pretty insulting. Im assuming that your comment was not meant to be perceived in this way but you might want to temper your posts a little ;-)

I think your point is that you dont think there should be much weighting, if any on a club theme. I have had similar concerns to be honest. I thought it should be judged on the professional layout of a stand and cleanliness of the xars on it etc. However, after seeing some mighty display by CS with big flower boxes, a Hadrians wall between scottish and cumbrian scoobs, a welsh rugby pitch by NWCS, my mind set has been altered over the years.

The stands ive mentioned (and many more I havent) make the NBO what it is.... FUN. So my suggestion would be to do as I have done, lighten up and embrace the NBO for being a unique fun gathering of Subaru owners. :-)
Old 04 July 2013, 12:12 AM
jabbroni
Scooby Regular

Feedback from me John is you are an absolute legend m8 we go back a long way now I hope we'll being doing this for another 12yrs m8 much respect to you
Old 04 July 2013, 12:13 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Very well put together thread will
I watched carefully the laughter and smiles on the judges face as they aproach the nws and they were amazed at the comments and the things nws have created
They then went in to show a great range of cars

Clubs are about team work and the full package of the club and looking carefully at the judges scores they certainly impressed the judges just as how Alfie and the SSC did three years ago and they won twice
I'm quite glad I've handed in my judgeing hat now as I've had lots of grief over the years woth it and the expansion to 14 judges from different clubs is one of the best things we have done at the NBO

Now should I tweek the comp for next year
Old 04 July 2013, 12:17 AM
jabbroni
Scooby Regular

Oh and a big thumbs up from me to Revolution these guys go all out all of the time if I ask they will sort it for me absolute legends in the Subaru tuning scene always have been always will be
Old 04 July 2013, 08:47 AM
braggy71
Scooby Newbie

Damned if you do damned if you don't. Unfortunately you cannot please everyone all of the time, no matter what you do someone will not be happy about it.
Yes we could do with more traders there but as someone has already said it's a sign of the times, not everyone has £2k in their pocket to spend - apart from John LOL
I've been to 4 NBO events now and each time have enjoyed it as much as the last but I think in all this we have lost what the NBO is all about - a fun day for charity.
Lordy - you do a great job. You and your team of 'little helpers' should be proud of what you have achieved and I would take it as a compliment to you guys that people are so passionate about wanting to win at NBO in either club or car.

Well done guys and gals on another brilliant event, keep up the good work and I'll see you next year.

Last edited by braggy71; 04 July 2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04 July 2013, 09:37 PM
diggingcontractor
Scooby Regular

Hi guys for you that dont know me im Oliver from performance vehicle developments ltd (not performance develop groups as i was introduced for most of the day) I like lordys vision and the idea of the nbo.

I have to agree with some points brought up i saw a down turn in bodies this time due to no camping i agree camping and 2 day ish event would generate a better atmosphere more money for charity and like one of you have mentioned the night before drinking etc helps people to get to know each other from other clubs.

lordy think you need a dj thats into the car game or one whos on the ball you could have raised loads more for charity if people knew what he was going on about i do fully appreciate he does it for free but it aint free if you lose out

I run a busy garage and took time out to help with the show in effort and financial aid because the nbo is a good thing run by good people for charity.

There are pros and cons to shows location to be honest 2 of my friends with scoobies didnt come as with there familiesgoing to lv costs them tickets £100 which people dont have. If it was at a park or stately home it would hve just been show entry fee.

Also moving futher south would mean more bodies as it would be more central

trade stands rely on bodies to sell to and with economy the way it is they have to sell a lot to cover the cost of the stand stand fee transport and wages if you had the show in say hamstead heath traders would pay 2k plus a stand and it would be full location location location for traders and lv isnt it i will go there every year to support them and the team.

As far as judging the same goes on every year there was for example 2 red porches one new one from the 80s the old porsche was way better in my opinion but thats my opinion not the judge on the day if i was the judge im sure some one may have thought my decision was wrong.

I enjoyed it it was a good run out for us and our wide range of cars whats the final tot up lordy what did you make
Old 04 July 2013, 10:49 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your comments guys
We can work through them and as always make improvements where necessary

We raised just over £4000 on the day which is in line with previous years

The infrastructure is in place for a NBO further south
A MBO midlands big one
A SBO southern Big one would be great as a compliment to the NBO
Anyone that wants to set one up we can help with the blueprint of what works and doesn't after 11 years experience
Unfortunely as I juggle 3 jobs into 60 hours+ per week as well as other interests I have limited time but can help where necessary

The vision of overnight camping and acomodation might be possible in the future with LV and their lodges

We have lots of great feedback so the next NBO committee meeting will be challenging as we only have 361 days to NBO 12
Old 04 July 2013, 10:52 PM
diggingcontractor
Scooby Regular

i bet john well done with the 4k and well be there for the next one to back you
Old 04 July 2013, 11:05 PM
jabbroni
Scooby Regular

New categories need to be set up for show cars and daily runners as mentioned same cars are now winning year in year out IMHO of course
Old 05 July 2013, 12:58 AM
blackpoolrock
Scooby Regular

I don't think the should be a MBO or a SBO how about just ONE BO !!!! With regard to the camping I don't think lodges are what we are after, we want a field with tents !

Quick Reply: NBO feedback thread