Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Lancashire and Cumbria SOC

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2010, 12:37 AM
More_Boost
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lancashire and Cumbria SOC

As the title says,we are looking at what interest there may be in new regional club within ScoobyNet,as we do not have one for our neck of the woods,this post is just to test the water to see what interest there is.

I have been in contact with Stu in admin and i need to see what sort of interest this will attract,if we get enough names we could get this going and off the ground in time for Burnsie's Gathering.

So its over to you,whether its a hit or miss,but the pluses have to be having the freedom to organise matter's and issues outside your local clubs for our region.

Daz.
Old 06 July 2010, 07:14 AM
mickp
Scooby Regular

Daz

There are already two very good clubs (LADS & Cumbrian Scoobs) covering these areas. Members of these clubs also visit Scoobynet regularly.

Not sure there will be enough demand for another ??
Old 06 July 2010, 12:07 PM
More_Boost
Scooby Regular

This is what this thread was for Mick,to see what interest would be generated,bringing the two together under one umbrella,to express your views and opinions outside the big two.(which I am a paid up member of both.)

Not treading on anyones toes,just seeing if people in the North West of England wanted an outlet to go outside their clubs and converse.
We still live in a democracy don't we.
Old 06 July 2010, 03:39 PM
CaptainJohn
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by More_Boost
This is what this thread was for Mick,to see what interest would be generated,bringing the two together under one umbrella,to express your views and opinions outside the big two.(which I am a paid up member of both.)

Not treading on anyones toes,just seeing if people in the North West of England wanted an outlet to go outside their clubs and converse.
We still live in a democracy don't we.
No Thanks , we are sorted

www.cumbrianscoobs.co.uk

www.ladsoc.co.uk
Old 06 July 2010, 04:35 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Yes as the Captain ( Cs vice chairman ) said Cs are happy and having being going for ten years nearly
I'm a member of tts for nine years and they are content and the NE also has the NESF and both groups are going strong
All the northern groups link up at the NBO every year for a great get together
Actually nine years ago Harvey and a few of us actually did discuss a northern group called the NIDC which we had a vision would compete against the SIDC as 10 years ago we were in the wilderness with me travelling to the big one a nice 450 mile round trip and I also travelled up to Glasgow for scooby meets before we all got ourselves organised into regional groups for our members
We had 13 groups at the NBO
From all over north of England Wales and it was great to fetch in the midlands with H and the bossman mark
Prehaps as our networking grows with such great clubs coming up we can look at a National big one to celebrate our ten years in the north

Wow imagine CRAFT leading a convoy
And Darren leading one from the NE to a new venue !!
Old 14 July 2010, 09:58 PM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

No problem for me m8y leading that convoy

CRAFT
Old 19 July 2010, 12:03 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Hi Guys,
I am more than happy to create this section if there is some interest. Its aim would not to be to compete with other sites, more a unified meeting place for local members under the Scoobynet brolly so to speak. Due to the size of Scoobynet it would normally prove to attract more members to your local clubs who may otherwise never get to hear about your existence.
Old 19 July 2010, 04:03 PM
More_Boost
Scooby Regular

Well I could not have worded it better stu,some more names to show some interest and the scoobie owners of the North West of England will have some added common ground to visit,chat and discuss all things Scooby and more.
1. More_Boost