Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

2007 highlight

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2007, 12:23 AM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 highlight

Not long till another year is over, so the question is, what was the highlight of the year for you?

Mine was without a doubt the birth of my first son, jake. He has totally changed my outlook on life and everything in it. From the first scream at 3a.m in the morning to the first smile, my life is fantastic and i wouldnt change anything. The first dada beats any burble any day of the week

Other highlights are my re-map and other mods to my car, ive not made many meets or runs out but i did arrange my first smacs event with a tour around my factory.

Here's wishing everyone on scoobynet and especially the SMACS a great christmas and new year and i hope you all have as good 2008 as i have had a good 2007
Old 05 December 2007, 10:52 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lots if highlights for me this year ##

Of course for me the NBO5 wasa the ultimate untill the NBO6

excellent turnout and qualtity of club stands and cars entered for the car of the day
and of course 6k raised for charity

the CS winning a couple of tropheys at car shows

the most moving was of course the colin macray remembrance meet when the 24 from england drove up lanark to meet another 130 cars to drive an epic convoy to lanark for a celebration of colins life #

and the TTS xmas party and entertainment last night which we raised over £600 for a local worth need .

all fine examples of what the scooby community is all about
Old 05 December 2007, 11:26 PM
Andy S.
Scooby Senior

being on Top Gear on Sunday Night

9 pm this week after the watershed

helped out with the 24hour race
Old 06 December 2007, 07:23 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

^^media *****
Old 07 December 2007, 03:29 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Nicole
Old 07 December 2007, 03:40 PM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

Nice one Ste
Hope you have a great Christmas too mate and Jake enjoys his very first one

I suppose the hightlight of the year for me was getting the keys to my first house
Would of been even more special if i was living there, but its been fully renovated and is now rented out, so fingers crossed it provides a nice profit after a few years, making it possible for me and the girlfriend to get a place of our own nearer to our family and friends
Old 07 December 2007, 03:54 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Finally got some time to reflect on this excellent suggestion for a thread, well done Ste

Highlight for me this year was only a few weeks ago when Paige was given a nearly clean bill of health after her latest treatment in October. Unfortunatly, it would seem she's on a downward spiral again, so further treatment looks to be on the cards in the new year.
Getting ourselves sorted out this year after our personal "troubles" and seeing light at the end of a pretty black tunnel has been a highlight too, and the well wishes and sentiment of all club members at the time were gratefully received.
Driving highlight this year was chasing Carl555 across the B4407 out of Ffestiniog while out for a little Welsh foray
http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=G...,-3.81987|14|4
Brilliant driver to keep up with, awesome road, atrocious conditions on the day, perfect for a scooby.
Old 07 December 2007, 07:56 PM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cw42
Driving highlight this year was chasing Carl555 across the B4407 out of Ffestiniog while out for a little Welsh foray

Brilliant driver to keep up with, awesome road, atrocious conditions on the day, perfect for a scooby.
Why, I thank-you Mr. Wilkinson, always a pleasure to provide some entertainment.

This years highlights (on a Scooby front), well far too many really, but two stand out;

1. Following Adam in his Integrale on the Fenwick run. THE ‘classic-modern’ rally car for the road, and on the day, What a treat, with Smoke, wheel wobble and heroic driving!

2. Driving this thing…

Changed all my perceptions about what a fast Scooby really is and has left a lasting impression on me! Just cant afford one.

Happy Crimbo and lets hope for more fun in 2008!
Old 08 December 2007, 10:31 PM
51st state
Scooby Regular

i've had a very good year, with the smacs club, this time last year i had just met most of you, and i will admit last year has not been beaten this year but every year you learn something
which to me is very important,
being involved with the smacs members has changed my life
sounds freaky i agree
mainly leasure time but also work,
one thing that has been obvious is the very nice people that seem tobe attracted to the smacs club
another milestone was actually buying a "scoopapoo"
and after a hard trackday needs some money spending onit
next year i am hopefully going to flat out on trackdays
eventually being able to overtake supertouring

i for one want to see this club keep going, , lets try and keep its path set,
new year brings the snow season for me, any members thinking about it please contact me, feb and march trips are now being arranged
Old 08 December 2007, 10:40 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Highlights -

A couple of trackdays at Blyton, my humble 60mpg diesel Skoda hitting 180bhp and 312 lb/ft to make it faster than many Scooby's mid-range Qualifying as a driving instructor, not making any money as a driving instructor getting a £700 tax rebate as a self employed driving instructor with a good accountant

Downlights - Not having a Scoob or any free time, and so not being involved with the club any more. I miss everyone and the fun I'll be back, maybe