ghplumb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why ?
Old 12 December 2006, 10:30 AM
EVO172
Scooby Regular

think its very sad that its come to this however it had been coming and warnings wernt taken any notice of,hope were back up soon, as the other 100 members are suffering the loss of the forum as well
Old 12 December 2006, 01:02 PM
Littlens
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EVO172
think its very sad that its come to this however it had been coming and warnings wernt taken any notice of,hope were back up soon, as the other 100 members are suffering the loss of the forum as well
I hope that wasnt directed at any particular members

Mods abusing their positions and editing posts was just as bad as members voicing their disgust at this. I was guilty of taking the p on the site with the 'no fun allowed on here' etc etc but nothing was publicaly said about the mod editing posts for their own amusement.

I want the site back asap but i still think the way in which this was handled was wrong.

Hope things are up and running again soon with a more mature set of admin and members.
Old 12 December 2006, 02:53 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Looks like it is all aimed at me,yes i had a bit fun with a member but at the end of the day he saw the funny side of it.Wich i publicy stated this on thec board,as an anouncement.
Old 12 December 2006, 02:58 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

So honestly, who had a problem with me Moderating on the site?
Old 12 December 2006, 03:48 PM
Gaz7612
Scooby Regular

it a shame was a good site
Old 12 December 2006, 04:18 PM
N3 DOO
Scooby Regular

what did I miss, whys the site down and whens it coming back?

AKA vantastic
Old 12 December 2006, 07:05 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

i hope that wasnt aimed at me, cos it very much sounds like it was.

I really dont think people are going to like what i have to say if this **** starts on here as well. for one thing, it cant be edited on this site, and that last post on TTS by admin was very much aimed at me.

So if it is aimed at me, please clarify this for me, and i will set a few straight on a few things
Old 12 December 2006, 07:17 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

god dam, fireworks go off when my works internet connection is down

what happend?
Old 12 December 2006, 07:29 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

someone continued an argument in public and the sites now closed, in simple terms
Old 12 December 2006, 08:54 PM
N3 DOO
Scooby Regular

Well I dont know whos done what and I dont care, Who ever runs the forum should sort it out and not just close the forum, alot of us spend time posting etc etc so get the forum back online and sort out and remove the offenders not all of us.
Old 12 December 2006, 09:01 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

removing the actual offenders would be a tad difficult, well, thats kind of whats been done any way.
Old 12 December 2006, 09:03 PM
jonny81
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by N3 DOO
Well I dont know whos done what and I dont care, Who ever runs the forum should sort it out and not just close the forum, alot of us spend time posting etc etc so get the forum back online and sort out and remove the offenders not all of us.
well said, i was in the middle of a pm convo with screamer about the crash he had in my prelude, iv got no other way of contacting him so i havnt got a clue whats goin on

plus it was a kick *** forum
Old 12 December 2006, 09:04 PM
biglad1
Scooby Newbie

tend to agree with evolution

Last edited by biglad1; 12 December 2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12 December 2006, 09:07 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by biglad1
tend to agree with that
what????

i would like to know just who exactly people think is to blame
Old 12 December 2006, 09:11 PM
biglad1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
removing the actual offenders would be a tad difficult, well, thats kind of whats been done any way.
thats what i agree with
Old 12 December 2006, 09:31 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by biglad1
thats what i agree with
Like who?????
Old 12 December 2006, 09:46 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

i cant speak for anyone else, but if any person thinks im to blame, i would like to hear why, publicly or by pm, im not fussed anymore.

i am quite happy to listen to sensible posts, unlike what went on last night when the final post suggested that i was personally to blame, lowering the tone of all recent posts, if this starts up again, then be prepared to have your ar$e handed to you on a plate.
Old 12 December 2006, 09:52 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

The TTS for was originally set up to enhance the TTS and encourage an increased membership within the area.

As with many aspects of scooby ownership, the forum was meant to be fun, to be enjoyed and to create a community spirit within it members.

The forum was taken 'offline' because over a period of a few days, the quality and content of the posts had declined quite rapidly. I took this action to prevent any further damage to the reputation of the TTS.

I personally found the treatment of a new member (who happened to be a police officer) quite offensive and certainly would not condone such treatment on a ''friendly' forum.

I also found the rate that threads could deteriate into nothing more than '****' as being quite alarming. Whilst some may see this as 'a bit of fun' others found offensive.

When the forum was first set up, I thought we may be able to exist without the need for moderators. However, comments were made which were of an inappropriate nature which brought on the onset of Moderators.

Many thought that the moderators had abused their powers and made changes to posts that wern't warrented. I wasn't aware of these posts, but read the resulting threads where the moderators apologised for there actions.

I personnally came under critisism for some 'selective' moderation, of which I have asked for clarification. I am still waiting.

At the end of the day, the forum needs to be there for the enjoyment of the subaru community. I for one over the last few days have not enjoyed the content or the tone of the forum.

The future of the forum is in the balance.

Martin
Old 12 December 2006, 10:23 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Well since no one else is answering, i will

I also found the rate that threads could deteriate into nothing more than '****' as being quite alarming. Whilst some may see this as 'a bit of fun' others found offensive.
OK, ****, suppose the definition of **** needs clarifying,

this was deleted

no im not going to be silly here and ask, how can this be deemed as ****, but, when i posted a video og a guy ******** a blow up doll, well, i know that if my kids had to see something, it wouldnt have been the placker doll. So, what we have here is a confusion in the rules do we not???

When the forum was first set up, I thought we may be able to exist without the need for moderators. However, comments were made which were of an inappropriate nature which brought on the onset of Moderators.

Warnings in this case should have been issued IMO, mods i still dont think are needed, posts can be reported to yourself or admin to be edited, the site can mod its self. Put up a barrier (mods) people will test the limits. And on a second note to the above, i aslo think you should have taken greater care as to who you choose, i think niether of the 1st two mods were a good chioce. Mick is a mate of mine, and i have also told him this before posting here. People who mod, need to take an unbiast approach to EVERY ISSUE posted, not some. And you also need to be seen there alot of the time, granted, people have lives to lead, but then they offered to do it.

Many thought that the moderators had abused their powers and made changes to posts that wern't warrented. I wasn't aware of these posts, but read the resulting threads where the moderators apologised for there actions.

No one thought, everyone KNEW this had been doendue to the public addmission of ONE MODERATOR. My posts have been edited and speaking with this mod, he says he never did it, so that leaves soumone who is continuing to edit posts for fun at the expense of the poster. This IS and abuse of power, again, not what a mod is there to do really is it, i will refer you back to my questioning of your choice

I would still like to know who edited my posts if it were not the other mod, that leaves 2 mods and admin the way i see it, unless you are going to tell me that there was a breach in site security at about that time.

This was my point from the start martin, something that i am not happy with and rightfully so. when i post something, unless it breaks any rules, then it should stay there and not be tampered with, is that an unreasonable request???

I personnally came under critisism for some 'selective' moderation, of which I have asked for clarification. I am still waiting.

the only person you asked for clarification was me, and no, there was no personal critisism directed at you, you are all to blame equally for this one.

If and when the site goes online again, i will show you SEVERAL posts that show GMD in a bad light. You said you had looked and found nothing, now unless people have gone through and edited, with is highly likely now thinking about it, i will show you and post all together for you to edit. And this, might i add, was used as an example of liable comments which you mentioned on the BBS.

And as a final note, im am slightly annoyed at the final post you put up last night with the personal attack on myself, saying how i had lowered the tone of the site and so on.
This was after i had posted saying that i was more than happy to resolve my issue with the management of TTS by means of PM, phone call or by email, yet you decided to continue this on the board and have people blaming me personally and have people suggesting it was my fault that TTS is down

SEE EVO's earlier post in this thread, tell me that that finger isnt pointed at me

regards

john
Old 12 December 2006, 10:33 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

is it me hear, or is the commen denominator here the moderators

I will hold up my hands and say yes, it was me that sparked this off, i brought an issue up that i had a right to do. If mods or admin had not been editing posts for fun, i wouldnt have had anything to complain about.

And just becasue im the only one thats mentioned anything so far, i get singled out and blame is laid at my door before i get a good opportunity to put my side of the story accross
Old 12 December 2006, 10:36 PM
ghplumb
Scooby Regular

Who is this comment at ??
What warnings ?

What **** ? a Pic of a ladies **** ?
Or one of the Pics I posted.which in my opinion were not **** either
as I missed the last half hour or so of the TTS Forum I did not read the final posts etc
if its something I did I would rather Know & try and sort something out

Old 12 December 2006, 10:42 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

finally, someone with a backbone.

lots of people prepared to point fingers, but no one with the ***** to say at who or why.
Old 12 December 2006, 10:56 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

John,

You made a comment that a forum member had made liablous posts against a local firm. Having made a search of ALL this members posts and been contacted directly by this person who is adament that he did no such thing, I was requested to delete the thread. That I did.

You made public several incidents that you had had with another member of the forum. The problem with the post was not the content but the fact that it was totally inappropriate for publication on a public forum.

You seem to be intent with 'testing' the moderators with your posts and there content.

Have you spotted where the common denomonator is yet?

If the question is..... are you responsible for the decline of the TTS forum, the answer is yes. Those are the thoughts of myself and the senders of supporting emails I have received within the last 24 hours.

Martin
Old 12 December 2006, 10:58 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
i cant speak for anyone else, but if any person thinks im to blame, i would like to hear why, publicly or by pm, im not fussed anymore.

i am quite happy to listen to sensible posts, unlike what went on last night when the final post suggested that i was personally to blame, lowering the tone of all recent posts, if this starts up again, then be prepared to have your ar$e handed to you on a plate.
John(Evolution)'

It's not for me to say if you are to blame or not. For the simple fact that I don't know. Also I don't know what this final post item is that you're referring to, so I can't comment on that either.

What I will comment on and I agree with Martin on this one, most of the threads in NSR did just sink so far, with all the innuendo involved that 7or8/10 should have been shifted into muppets. IMO

The TTS to a lot of people is like a family environment, therefore the website/forum should reflect that. I remember that Martin had his family with him at the NBO earlier this year, an event you were very much involved in. Most people don't buy Subaru's to join a forum though, more so the other way round.

What I did notice though, and please don't take offence, you do come across as very confrontational. No place for that IMHO.

Should you have any problem with what I've said, please get in touch.

Micky.

Quick Reply: Tyne Tees Scoobies Forum