Notices
Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Wales Rally - an insight for next year????

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2006, 09:22 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wales Rally - an insight for next year????

We're going, is anybody else?

Sorry for the poor quality of the phone pics, But I forgot to take my camera , but you get the idea....

Arriving in Cardiff, we were just getting our bearings and found out where the cars were going to be heading, nipped into a pub to grab a bite to eat and the cars started parking up behind us one by one.....

seeing nearly 150 cars there alll together was nice, although a closer look and sit in would have been better

Petter with his back to us with the subaru. that car sounds awesome

Next morning, up at 5.15am, head off for the stage, got there around 7.15am with plenty of time to try and suss the viewing out. Was a little foggy, but started clearing up as the frontrunners came through

Petter Hard at work....

and Chris

Super 1600 C2

Moved onto the next stage that we were viewing, just got to the entrance to see the 1st car cxome through...Phew..

Next day in service

Then back to Cardiff to the stadium to see the super special stage

Absoloutely loads more pics and video's, if anyone wants any more, let me know

Will be on for next year, but will prob do it properly out of the car and stay at the stages overnight for full effect with the BBQ going early to get us going

The tour to prodrive just topped the weekend off nicely Thanks again Andy
Old 05 December 2006, 10:55 PM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

good pics considering they are from a phone

id be up for next year and camping out cracking idea
Old 05 December 2006, 11:40 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Looks like a cracker adam. must of been awesome in the millenium with the roof on mate
Old 06 December 2006, 12:10 AM
Andy S.
Scooby Senior

When I saw the video at PRodrive of the 6R4 going through the water splash @ Chatsworth I was reminded that it used to be rally GB not rally of the most un-accesable part of wales!!!
Old 06 December 2006, 12:21 PM
JenniP1
Scooby Regular

Had a great time - I could do it every weekend It's a must for our events calendar next year guys and I've heard rumours that it may be moving to mid/north wales

The noise in the Millenium stadium was ace Ste, but much better out on the stages - early mornings, fog and damp weather - BRILLIANT

JenniP1
Old 06 December 2006, 01:07 PM
scoobie elf
Scooby Regular

The WRGB should be a must every year. You can't beat packing up the car with sleeping bags, pillows, food and beer and disappearing into the welsh forests for the weekend. Sleeping on the stages is an experience. It's not as good as it used to be as they have started running stages later. You couldn't beat having to climb out your sleeping bag at 5.30am when it's freezing cold, finding all your stuff in the dark and heading off to the stage for the first car at 7am. Cars flying past with brake discs and exhausts glowing and smell of the additives they used to use in the fuel. They were the days. I've beening following the rally for about 15 years when it used to be run Sunday to Wednesday, all over the country. It was fantastic. I always remember when they introduced the impreza to rallying rather than the bigger legacy in the days of Colin Mcrae and Richard Burns (RIP) and I always said "I want one of them". It took me a while but I got there.

Get it on the calendar for next year, you will not be disappointed. You never know, you might enjoy it that much you might become hooked.

See you in the forests!!
Old 06 December 2006, 02:22 PM
Beefy
Scooby Regular

Location: Wagons rolllllll yippee kai ayyy ..errrr ...etc ..etc

At least you got up close to both imprezas on Monday night to check them out!

Good piccies, I might consider it for next year.
Old 06 December 2006, 07:10 PM
JenniP1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobie elf
The WRGB should be a must every year. You can't beat packing up the car with sleeping bags, pillows, food and beer and disappearing into the welsh forests for the weekend. Sleeping on the stages is an experience. It's not as good as it used to be as they have started running stages later. You couldn't beat having to climb out your sleeping bag at 5.30am when it's freezing cold, finding all your stuff in the dark and heading off to the stage for the first car at 7am. Cars flying past with brake discs and exhausts glowing and smell of the additives they used to use in the fuel. They were the days. I've beening following the rally for about 15 years when it used to be run Sunday to Wednesday, all over the country. It was fantastic. I always remember when they introduced the impreza to rallying rather than the bigger legacy in the days of Colin Mcrae and Richard Burns (RIP) and I always said "I want one of them". It took me a while but I got there.

Get it on the calendar for next year, you will not be disappointed. You never know, you might enjoy it that much you might become hooked.

See you in the forests!!
Couldn't agree more
Old 07 December 2006, 02:02 PM
clsbscooby
Scooby Regular

Wink

it looks like you guys had a great time. It would be great if it moved closer again. I think it used to be at Trentam Gardens my dad was the course car years ago.

Quite fancy that next year.

Currently going for the rally car look myself car is a bit grubby thank god its dark when i leave work
Old 10 December 2006, 11:12 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

i wanna go next year can i please adam go on please
Old 01 January 2007, 03:40 AM
JenniP1
Scooby Regular