Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

SMACS impromptu run out sunday 26th March

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2006, 10:48 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SMACS impromptu run out sunday 26th March

In place of the charity meet at ellesmere port, I'm off out for a little country drive instead Who would like to join me?
Start at the Unicorn 9am sharp. Route to be decided on the day, but it will be good
For all you worried about having mother round for dinner, we'll be back home in time for lunch, with maybe an early stop for a coke on the way.

LIST:

cw42
Old 22 March 2006, 12:27 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Where were you thinking of going Chris, any serious high speed runs means a no, no for me as i cant hammer my car until it gets its remap off Andy F, anything twisty then i could bob along.

9am cant you make it later??? - it will mean i will have to get out of bed at 7:30am

We need to do more runs!!!!!!
Old 22 March 2006, 12:31 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

How long does it take you to get to the Unicorn? Surely not over an hour!

May not be the best idea to take your car out until it's running right, leave the runs until you've got your 500bhp
Old 22 March 2006, 12:37 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Shouldn't be long off!!!! i mean Dale is doing a couple of mods prior to it going to a certain mr Forrest
Old 22 March 2006, 01:50 PM
Lee 2.0T
Scooby Regular

Yep I might be up for that run out on Sunday.. Im working Sat so I could with a sunday drive out...

Where you thinking on going..coz the girlfriend might wanna come too.. I cant see her sitting in allday
Old 22 March 2006, 02:11 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

I'd just like to add, this is a proper drive out, not a family morning. If your partners are happy with you driving quickly on country lanes, then bring them along, if they complain everytime you try to, I wouldn't bring them
Old 22 March 2006, 03:30 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cw42
I'd just like to add, this is a proper drive out, not a family morning. If your partners are happy with you driving quickly on country lanes, then bring them along, if they complain everytime you try to, I wouldn't bring them

What he means is you'll all be driving like c****!!!

Seriously though, going off other runs out this will be a sprited run out - outside of villages and towns btw - so if your girly shouts at you for flooring it maybe not a good thing to invite them.

****edited to add****

Spritely and driving quickly on country lanes are strictly kept within the confines of the speed linit and law.

Isn't that right Chris?

Last edited by The Chief; 22 March 2006 at 03:34 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 22 March 2006, 03:47 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Spritely and driving quickly on country lanes are strictly kept within the confines of the speed linit and law.

Isn't that right Chris?
yes it is chief, and it's not something we need to go on about on an open forum.
Old 22 March 2006, 04:25 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

You started it
Old 22 March 2006, 06:44 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

In place of the charity meet at ellesmere port, I'm off out for a little country drive instead Who would like to join me?
Start at the Unicorn 9am sharp. Route to be decided on the day, but it will be good
For all you worried about having mother round for dinner, we'll be back home in time for lunch, with maybe an early stop for a coke on the way.

LIST:

cw42
Theres a 9am on Sundays now?

Would love to make it but I'll be in North Yorkshire, worrying sheep all day!

mike
Old 22 March 2006, 06:49 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member

Don't forget your velcro pants
Old 22 March 2006, 07:15 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

I wont be running round chasing them, just driving round in my Forester trying to squash them Off road weekend
Old 22 March 2006, 07:23 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 22 March 2006, 07:54 PM
Gillp95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
What he means is you'll all be driving like c****!!!

Seriously though, going off other runs out this will be a sprited run out - outside of villages and towns btw - so if your girly shouts at you for flooring it maybe not a good thing to invite them.

****edited to add****

Isn't that right Chris?

Ignore him, he's telling one of his fictional stories AGAIN ! !
No-body will be driving like a c****. It will be a nice gentle drive out in the countryside. Take your camera as there will probably be plenty of opportunities to get some nice scenic pictures .

9am - On a Sunday - Bit early for me but I'll see

Last edited by Gillp95; 22 March 2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 22 March 2006, 07:54 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Depends what you mean by spirited driving, i do enjoy spirited driving but i have worries of spirited driving turning into dangerous driving. I am not saying this would apply to anyone but i have never been on a runs in my bike days and then as now many drivers/bikers on the road don't look ahead. If your a perceptive driver and/or you've done advance driving them spirited is good by that i mean reading the road ahead ie i can see through that corner and way ahead up the road that i see there is nothing coming and no traffic at any junctions yipee i can apex the corner and take the racing line and overtake that other car on whilst going round that corner (this is how i do the cat'n'fiddle - especially the middle section) as oposed to the mentaility of oh the next two feet is clear so i should be able to ovetake before the next corner, which incidently is blind, oh **** a motorbike has just come round the corner crash bang nee naw nee naw ect! How about a run to matlock bath for breakfast via the cat n fiddle, left turn at the bottom throught that bit to that borin straigt a road then a left turn and down the twisties via gellia to Matlock bath, brekfast then through bakewell and of the the hills around there!?
Old 22 March 2006, 07:58 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Depends what you mean by spirited driving, i do enjoy spirited driving but i have worries of spirited driving turning into dangerous driving. I am not saying this would apply to anyone but i have never been on a runs in my bike days and then as now many drivers/bikers on the road don't look ahead. If your a perceptive driver and/or you've done advance driving them spirited is good by that i mean reading the road ahead ie i can see through that corner and way ahead up the road that i see there is nothing coming and no traffic at any junctions yipee i can apex the corner and take the racing line and overtake that other car on whilst going round that corner (this is how i do the cat'n'fiddle - especially the middle section) as oposed to the mentaility of oh the next two feet is clear so i should be able to ovetake before the next corner, which incidently is blind, oh **** a motorbike has just come round the corner crash bang nee naw nee naw ect! How about a run to matlock bath for breakfast via the cat n fiddle, right turn at the bottom throught that bit to that borin straigt a road then a left turn and down the twisties via gellia to Matlock bath, brekfast then through bakewell and of the the hills around there!?

Last edited by MY93WRX; 22 March 2006 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Got my lefts and rights mudled for the bottom of the cat
Old 22 March 2006, 08:02 PM
Gillp95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MY93WRX
by that i mean reading the road ahead ie i can see through that corner and way ahead up the road that i see there is nothing coming and no traffic at any junctions yipee i can apex the corner and take the racing line and overtake that other car on whilst going round that corner

You've just totally explained the opposite of the chief's driving style

Last edited by Gillp95; 22 March 2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 22 March 2006, 08:29 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

gillp95, you have pm, as do you chief.

martin, can you post that again, maybe using one of these . occasionally?
I think I can say that we're responsible drivers, and stick to the speed limits.
That is all on this matter, come for a drive out if you want to see what we're about
Old 22 March 2006, 08:41 PM
WarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Big fan of a brisk drive out but i'll confirm on Saturday if I can make it

Chris are you doing a video??
Old 22 March 2006, 08:45 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

gillp95, you have pm, as do you chief.

martin, can you post that again, maybe using one of these . occasionally?
I think I can say that we're responsible drivers, and stick to the speed limits.
That is all on this matter, come for a drive out if you want to see what we're about
Full stops!? What are they i think i was told about them once, lets try full stop I didn't say stick the speed limit , in some circumstances it is safe to break the limit full stop I am also very naughty on the cat n fiddle since it was turned into a 50 zone some years back In the bike days I went out on runs with off duty coppers and advance riders and we would always break the speed limit on country roads - twice once on the way past sixty and once on the way back down where its safe - they called it making progress . Anyway what about the idea of breakfast out? any ideas where your heading full stop
Old 22 March 2006, 08:48 PM
Martin-STI
Scooby Regular

Would have loved to but in London(watching Football) and Eastbourne (Relatives) all weekend.
Old 22 March 2006, 09:29 PM
paulthejambo
Scooby Regular

Location: Heart of Midlothian FC aka Hearts have the nickname "The Jambo's" - therefore I'm a Jambo too.

I was keeping Sunday free for Ellesmere so I'd deffo be available for a run out.

Will have to stay off the loopy juice on the Saturday night though. Never usually awake til the end credits are rolling on Countryfile!! Got to make the effort as a newbie!

Last edited by paulthejambo; 22 March 2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 22 March 2006, 09:45 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Ok this is (for me) going to be a serious post.

When i first went on a run with the Smacs last year i was amazed at how safe the standard of driving was, we strictly adhered to the speed limits through towns and villages and i do mean adhered to, it was only when we hit the national speed limit that we pressed on a little. I can personally vouch that in no way do we participate in dangerous driving or silly overtaking manouveres that endanger other road users and i'm pretty sure we are going to keep it that way. if we are going to race then we save it for the track!!!

With regards to my driving style, i have moments as do we all but i think you'll be shocked at how restrained (or slow) however you want to call it i may be on the road.

i want to preserve my car (this time) my license and more importantly my life.

Have fun by all means but lets keep it safe.

Cheers guys
Old 22 March 2006, 11:06 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Yes, I'll have the video running, although if I'm leading, it wont be of much

Thanks for all those full stops Martin Some valid points there about making progress, reiterated by the chief.

Glad you all understand our position on driving. I don't feel the urge to give other clubs or members of this baord any ammunition to critisize our runs out.

See you sunday,
Now, when's super going to come along and tell us he's now leading the group
Old 22 March 2006, 11:30 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

I for one would like to say that the "runs out" should be for all, All abilities and all models and power levels. If you want to do Banzai runs from here to eternity then you should save it for the track days. After all some of our cars are plastered in Club stickers!

Personally, I like the fact we have a band of loyal supporters and there are plenty of events for all.
Old 23 March 2006, 12:16 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Well i'm with you there Mike as i have a lower powered Classic for now
Old 23 March 2006, 07:38 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

I will be leading from the front - set your dials to warp factor 5
Old 23 March 2006, 10:49 AM
Lee 2.0T
Scooby Regular

Ok guys I get the point.. I think its best if I leave her at home then...I sure cant be doing with the nagging like you said Chris...

Im not going to be driving like a nutcase anyway.. just mearly keeping up with you guys..lol
Old 23 March 2006, 04:22 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by supertouring
I will be leading from the front - set your dials to warp factor 5
My apologies to everyone if I came over all holier than though with last nights posts, I'd just like to say that we'll be driving as fast as the road conditions will allow, and then some, scaring sheep and other livestock as we blast past the countryside. Villages and hamlets wont know whats hit them though, as we will cruise through with nary a whisper from our backboxes. But once back onto the open road, all hell will break loose, with stragglers forced to drive like maniacs just to stay in touch.

So, who's up for it?
Old 23 March 2006, 11:27 PM
Lord Bass
Scooby Regular

I'm up for it

Quick Reply: SMACS impromptu run out sunday 26th March