Notices
Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Any geordies???

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2001, 02:48 PM
S
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many of you guys are in the Newcastle area???

If there are a few, how about sorting something out one night. Maybe a few beers and some car chatter with a view to organising something like a carting session or something.

Anyone up for it.

thanks

S

p.s. Pitcher and Piano is right next to my office so no guesses where I'll recommend for a meet up
Old 10 January 2001, 07:13 PM
ROBERT BARNES
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

hi rob here sounds a good idea i would attend and SKIPPY probably would and his brother and may be GLEN from revolution let me know how you get on with the recrutment
Old 10 January 2001, 08:23 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts
I'd turn up for sure and i think i could convince my brother to aswell (he's also got a scooby)Let's hope for more interest.

CHEERS SCD Simon

Old 10 January 2001, 09:55 PM
Paul_P
Scooby Newbie

As you can see, I live in Northumberland and would be interested in a run out somewhere local.

Maybe the guys who went on the last few Lake District meetings and the lads from the Carlisle area could make it as well, once something is organised?

Count me in.
Old 10 January 2001, 10:16 PM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ha'way the lads....

I'm up for a meet, got a mate with a P1 maybe interested too.

Old 11 January 2001, 05:21 PM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Ahhh back up north today !!! Just got back from London, visited ScoobySport and ScoobyMania on route, nice people !!! As Rob says, count my brother and myself in, how about a meet on a Sunday during the day ? Somewhere we can park and maybe have a blast in the cars, i'll help sort stuff out.

Skip.
Old 11 January 2001, 07:31 PM
muddy
Scooby Regular

And you can all talk about how well Newcastle Footbal Club are getting on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Sunderland FC, premier Football team in the North East.

Muddy.

Trending Topics

Old 12 January 2001, 08:08 PM
S
Scooby Regular

Well at least theres a few Geordies out there!!

I ain't got me scoob yet so how about a meet some night for a few beers or whatever, and we can see who's who.

Just got more work to do so would struggle to arrange a full blown meet so whats the consensus on meeting for a few beers some night????

S

p.s. who was the black WRX on the quayside last night about 9ish????
Old 12 January 2001, 10:05 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

count me in, i am from carlisle. Drive better than play football. would like to have another kendal keleder hartside run. keep me informed.
Old 12 January 2001, 11:57 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Smile

Few beers sounds good to me better if follwed by a few more + some scoob talk,we can see if there's any interest in a run out one day?
Old 13 January 2001, 12:18 AM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Cool

S

Was it a black WRX with OZ's parked along near Flynn'e? Would have been myself, what car you getting ? Not want a black WRX ???

Skip.
Old 13 January 2001, 12:29 AM
S
Scooby Regular

Skippy,

thats the beast, with a magnex 6x4 exhaust I think. Looks nice.

cheers

S
Old 14 January 2001, 04:51 PM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Smile

S

Yeah, is a 6x4 magnex, well spotted, lucky to see it out at the mo, been using the fastest vehicle in the world recently !!!

A WHITE VAN !!!

Actually saves the car and my wallet, with the salt on the roads and the price of petrol etc. So have you got a scooby yet? If you are intrested in a WRX,STI or UK spec i know of four that are for sale locally, all by people who don't need to sell them, various spec's. Give me a shout if it is of intrest (i'm not a dealer either).

Skip.
Old 15 January 2001, 02:56 PM
nickw
Scooby Regular

I'd be interested in meeting up one evening - how many scoobies can you fit outside the pitcher & piano ?!

We'd probably get arrested....

Nick
Old 15 January 2001, 04:04 PM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

Nick,

Unfortunatley the only parking outside the "Pitcher & Piano" is for people with a boat or a taxi.

It's a nice pub though for a get together & drink, but I think a better venue would be a pub with it's own car park.
Maybe after a few drinkies an ideal route & pub for a stop off could be agreed upon.

The most Scoobys I've seen on the road together was three, of which I was one and the passers by stared at us as if we were driving naked. Just imagine what response you'd get from more, apart from the overlooking eye of the local constabulary.

Old 16 January 2001, 08:43 AM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I agree Nick, a pub with a better car park would be ideal, as for number of scoobies seen on the roads together, Tony Nesta arranges cracking doo's across the lakes, last time 30-40 cars, people's face's are a picture !!! S if you want picking up you can come with me till you get your scooby. Ok now its time to pick a pub and a date !!!

Skip.
Old 19 January 2001, 11:10 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Smile

If it's to be a pub with a car park in the toon centre choice is a bit limited,what about FLYNN'S on the quayside,it hasn't got it's own car park but there's plenty of public parking on street or across the road.

What do you think S/Skippy ?

CHEERS

SCD Simon

[This message has been edited by SCD Simon (edited 19 January 2001).]
Old 19 January 2001, 11:42 PM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

Simon,

Good choice... plenty of parking opposite flynns, I wonder what the chances are of getting a block of spaces together.. Very slim. I've thought of another good pub for a possible future meet and that's "The Badger", just past the airport before you get to Ponteland. Got a big car park and also food for a run up the A696 up to Kielder etc...

Neil
Old 20 January 2001, 01:07 PM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Neil

I think the Badger is a good idea, quayside parking can be a pain, how about a Sunday afternoon ? I'll be light so we can check the cars out. If we let Glen at Revolution know he'll put the word round in the shop.

Skip.
Old 20 January 2001, 01:28 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

The badger's a good place to meet for sure only thing is it's so popular on a sunday that the car park's just about full around noon,we could of course meet up at about 11.15-11.30am

Can't make it on sunday 28/1,any other should be alright.

CHEERS SCD Simon
Old 20 January 2001, 04:04 PM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

Simon / Skippy,

Sounds good 11:00-11:15 meet one sunday at "The Badger" give us a chance to get a look at the motors. Then depending on the weather a run up the A696 towards Kielder, there's a pub on the way back down called "The Waggon" I've passed many a time and on nice days and there's a few posers there with BMW's etc. Imagine the faces with a group of Scoobs burbling into the car park.

As Simon said the 28/01 isn't any good for me either, maybe one of the following two weekends and better weather hopefully.

I'll try and get my mate Gav out with his P1 & get myself booked into Revolution to get some new discs/pads.

There's only one camera on that road, but I've been told that there's unmarked cars up there. Never seen one yet, old wives tale maybe...

Neil
Old 20 January 2001, 07:51 PM
ROBERT BARNES
Scooby Regular

Cool

now then i spoke to Glen at revolution this afternoon and he will be attending as well but i won't be able to make it if its on the 28th but can if its the weekend after as i work alternate weekends,Skippy has a job for the boys these days will you be attending in yout astra van or mondeo or is it time to get the scooby out HE HE HE i don,t know if i can afford to follow you again skippy £60 fuel £100 paintwork for my bumper etc etc
Old 20 January 2001, 08:56 PM
jabroni
Scooby Regular

Talking

count the big jabroni in SCD's brother,pity all the cars will probably be boody filthy i can't keep mine clean for more than about 10 minutes,how about everyone intending to go giving car details ie

MY98 standard uk turbo
Old 20 January 2001, 09:51 PM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

Jabroni,

Yep, you're right....

Who's up for the get together and with what ???
MY95 WRX

How about 4th Feb ????

Neil.
Old 21 January 2001, 12:00 AM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Rob

Your car is all mouth !!! But i must admit is sounds amazing !!! I'll sort some directions out and post them here in the near future. The lads from the West are more than welcome and i hope everyone else agree's with me that EVO's etc are all more than welcome, always add a bit intrested to a meet. S (starter of the thread, can you make it?). I'll have a look for a route as well, unless anyone already has one.

Skip.
Old 21 January 2001, 12:09 AM
ROBERT BARNES
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yip its a loud mouth alright here glens got his second scooby now a MY97 green wagon for his daily use mmmmmmmm
Old 21 January 2001, 12:16 AM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Question

Any idea what he done with the legacy ? I've left a post in the Revolution ebsite thread thread as well, another 30mins and i'm leaving work, sick today !!!
Old 21 January 2001, 12:23 AM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

I'll post a map and directions on here a bit later...
Going to brave the weather and go to Ikea... Mmmm

Neil
Old 21 January 2001, 12:26 AM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Neil

SHOPPING

Don't do it !!! Ikea ??? Sure your car needs money more than the house !!!
Old 21 January 2001, 11:13 AM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ok, deal is done 4th of Feb at the Badger, if anyone wants directions ask, Rob i'll get the scooby out (done want to show you lot up in the van), as for the last trip, did you not smile all the way across Hartside Maybe you lot could try and keep up this time Ok mines a 94 WRX, and i'll see if my bro is coming in his 93WRX.

Skippy.

Quick Reply: Any geordies???