Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Invitation - Yorkshire Meet, 5th July - Sherburn-in-Elmet

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2005, 11:28 PM
mcanny
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Invitation - Yorkshire Meet, 5th July - Sherburn-in-Elmet

Firstly I'd like to point out that I have nothing to gain from posting this other than getting more cars for me (a humble enthusiast) to look at and possibly meeting new people at the event. Some forum members (elsewhere) consider an invitation to a general meet as being spam, I see it as bringing likeminded enthusiasts together and make no apologies for trying to do so

Anyway with that little speech out of the way I'd like to invite you to a new meet for those in the Yorkshire area. This is the first one of what promises to be a busy monthly Japanese car meet.

It's at Squires Milkbar near Sherburn in Elmet (popular biker haunt on other nights)

The owners have given the go ahead for a monthly meet at the cafe bar and seem to be looking forward to us turning up, they have promised a designated area in the large car park.

The meet is from 7pm onwards which gives plenty of time to have a bit of something to eat / drink and a chat before it starts getting dark.

The milkbar has an on site cafe serving food, hot & cold drinks, bar, toilets arcade machines etc...

It's located just outside Sherburn-in-Elmet which is 5 minutes from the A1 on the A1222, more info on the venue below:

http://www.squires-cafe.co.uk

It would be nice if some of you could make it to add a bit of variety to the cars there

Please feel free to spread the word to other Japanese car forums!
Old 24 June 2005, 11:50 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would love to bring the car but it aint too road legal at the moment
Old 24 June 2005, 12:15 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Mcanny. The WYIOC (West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club) are looking to change our meeting venue. We currently meet in Castleford, but are looking at a place just south of you in South Milford.

Check out the WYIOC Events area and that will give you the details... In summary; Some of us will be driving over to Millford Hall next Thursday from Cas to check it out.. we're looking at the place as a possible main venue that's good on food, beer, atmoshpere as well as 'getting to', 'driving around' and 'getting home' roads that offer some good sport.. We meet at The Trading Post is Cas at 7:30, so will probably be at Millford Hall about 8:30 ish... After a recce, we may be driving South to Darrington to check out another pub.. but we'll decide more on the night..

I'm not sure if you're trying to setup a North Yorkshire meet, but feel free to join us to say Hi and to see if our established club is what you're after....

All the best..
Al.
Old 24 June 2005, 11:39 PM
mcanny
Scooby Newbie

Hi Alan, thanks for the invite - this isn't actually a meet I'm organising but one I'm planning to attend. I'm just trying to help out and spread the word a little but I'm interested to hear how you get on with your locations I'm afraid to say I'm a Supra driver so you may not want me at a proper WYIOC meet but I'll try and get my mate to take me in his Impreza

Thanks again.
Old 25 June 2005, 02:26 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

mcanny, you're more than welcome in your Supra Although we are called WY "Impreza" OC, our membership includes amongst others, a Ferarri 360 CS, a Porsche 996 RUF Turbo, a few Evo's, a Noble M12 3R and a Supra TT (who never bl00dy comes ). Pretty soon we may even be adding an Ariel Atom to the number Please come along sometime, and your mate in his Scooby

We will be going over for a look at the place either next wednesday or thursday, but maybe just a few of us on a brief visit

I started a thread about your meet on July 5th a few days ago after reading about it on the LancerEvo.net forum. No takers yet, but there's time
Old 30 March 2006, 09:45 PM
mcanny
Scooby Newbie

Wow has it been this long.....

Just a quick note to say that the meet is back on after a winter break - we went up at the start of this month and there was a decent turnout despite it being dark

Now that the clocks have changed and the nights are lighter things should get back to normal - hope to see some of you there next Tuesday night.

(Normal dates, 1st Tuesday night of each month)