Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

MOT in North West

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2004, 09:06 AM
JDM
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MOT in North West

Anyone know a decent MOT center preferably in the Preston area although anywhere as far up as South Lakes would be OK.

Not that bothered about emissions as I have a fully legal exhaust, just want somewhere that won't try to test my scoob on 2 wheel brake rollers.
Old 10 August 2004, 10:41 AM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

The best MOT centre I know of is Southport MOT Testing Station (01704*533324). I've taken all of my previous cars there and wouldn't go anywhere else. The owner only does MOT testing so he doesn't find stupid faults, doesn't fail the car on borderline issues and doesn't charge for re-tests if the car does fail. He's the only mechanic I trust to be honest! However, I haven't taken my scooby there yet so I don't know for sure about the brake rollers, but I do remember seeing 4 wheel rollers in the garage. It's not far from Preston either!
Old 10 August 2004, 12:07 PM
JDM
BANNED

Originally Posted by minor_threat
The best MOT centre I know of is Southport MOT Testing Station (01704*533324). I've taken all of my previous cars there and wouldn't go anywhere else. The owner only does MOT testing so he doesn't find stupid faults, doesn't fail the car on borderline issues and doesn't charge for re-tests if the car does fail. He's the only mechanic I trust to be honest! However, I haven't taken my scooby there yet so I don't know for sure about the brake rollers, but I do remember seeing 4 wheel rollers in the garage. It's not far from Preston either!
Thanks, I'll give them a ring, quite fancy a trip to Southport beach to see if I can see the sea! (how many C's was that!)

Any more for any more?
Old 10 August 2004, 12:59 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Guaranteed you won't see the sea! But if you haven't been here for a while there's a fancy new bridge, pier and ocean plaza complex on the seafront (if you're into shops - I notice you live in the mall with the zombies! - or want to go to a really expensive cinema).
Old 10 August 2004, 02:18 PM
JDM
BANNED

Thumbs up

Thanks for the tips, last time I was in Southport was in the mid eighties, as I remember there was some kind of fun fair there although I bet that's long gone.
My Uncle reckons it's a nice town to go out in at night with far less scumbags and fights than an evening on the bevvy in Preston. As I'm around for a while I think I'll give a night in Southport a go.
Old 10 August 2004, 04:23 PM
Up_North
Scooby Regular

...fancy new bridge with vandalised lights!!!!

Oh and we now have a Waitrose - cos we are dead upmarket us!!!!

And a new HMV

And a chuffin great pothole in Hoghton Street which I keep forgetting about and drive over!

And its p!ssing down
Old 11 August 2004, 10:42 AM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

LOL Ian!

JDM, the fun fair is still here, although now it's called "Pleasure Land" (which sounds like a posh name for a brothel) and has lots more rides. The biggest tip I can give you is not to go on the TraumaTizer (rollercoaster) when you're a bit drunk. If you come here for a visit let me know, I'll advise you where (not) to go etc.
Old 12 August 2004, 10:19 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Ahh - a few Northern lads !
Check out www.ladsoc.co.uk for some local info / meets / discounts etc

Chris