Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

POLISH EXPERIMENT, WHO'S BEST?

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2004, 08:55 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLISH EXPERIMENT, WHO'S BEST?

After the constant banter on who's polish is best, I propose to conduct an experiment to settle the argument once and for all

There seems to be 4 main players on the polishing market:
AUTOGLYM
MEGUIARS
ZYMOL
SWISSOL

All seem to have their various pros and cons, the most prominent being PRICE!

So, to see which is the best at any cost, and to see which is the best budget alternative I propose this:

4 MY99 SILVER UK/JAP TURBO'S, 4 MY03/04 WRC BLUE UK/JAP TURBO'S to be cleaned within an inch of their life with one of the above products exclusively.
Using everything from each of the above mentioned manufacturers, from shampoo, wheel scrub, glass cleaner, polish, wax ect and spend a day at someones house cleaning them all
I think everyone who takes part will be able to judge for themselves which is the best, but if your a concourse or show&shine judge, please let me know for that proffesional opinion.

The event will take place at or near my home in stockport, so only northern lads need apply, and my car will be one of the MY99's as I use meguiars.

If there are any proffesional valeters out there interested in showing what they can do, please get in touch.

To keep things fair, once we have the 8 cars, (well, 7 ) I will insist that they are not cleaned for 7 days prior to the event. That should allow enough time for the great British weather to do its worse

So, sign up now if you own a SILVER MY99 (3 spaces available), or a MY03/04 in WRC BLUE (4 spaces)(do they come in any other colour!)

I have chosen the above MY's because I think it represents best what is out on the street at the moment. MY99's are not so old, but you need to keep on top of the body work to keep it at its best, and MY03/04, frankly because its brand newish, and should respond well to a good polish and wax

I am posting this in styling, and also in northern mods, so please leave it in general for a while to get the best response,

cheers
chris.

ps, I will also be filming on the day, and produce a short film of our findings
Old 29 July 2004, 09:47 PM
Ch!lledBudwei2er
Scooby Regular

Uh thats fairly flawed if you want to do a proper detailing test, without getting into it too much detail what I would advise you is to buy some 3M Blue Masking tape and take a panel of each car ( bonnet is always a favourite ) and separate it in to 4. Then use each product on it's own 1/4 and then you have a far better result.

But at the end of the day, polish/wax will only do so much, for a better lasting result you need to do a whole 5-6 set process.

Oh and on a side note, all the makes you have listen are just well advertised, if you want some serious results I would look at the likes of : Clearkote, Poorboy's, Collinite, P21-S.
Old 30 July 2004, 06:24 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

ok, moving to styling now to keep the mods happy.