Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2004, 08:36 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Max Power Live DVD Blackpool Cruise

-MAX POWER/T-TECH DVD CRUISE-
BLACKPOOL - Sunday 2nd May 7.30PM onwards HALFORDS

For people out of Blackpool you can use this postcode to multimap it to the cruise:

MULTIMAP
MSN MAPPOINT CLICK HERE!

Then add this postcode below to your final destination:

FY4 3AW

Some Map info here:
HALFORDS LOCATION MAP

Locate the red pin on the map (as that is the cruise destination on HALFORDS) which is near the airport and then use the map to get directions from your destination.

ATTENTION:
Local police ARE in the picture with this event and there will be quite a large police presence on Sunday so if everyone could just take it easy and think of others then we should all have a good night and then everyone is happy.

Some convoys that have been planned by other cruise sites below:

Current Convoy details:
PRESTON CONVOY:
MEETING: B & Q IN BAMBER BRIDGE
TIME: 7PM TO LEAVE @ 7:15PM

LANCASTER CONVOY:
MEETING: FORTON SERVICES, M6
TIME: 6:30PM TO LEAVE AT 6:45PM

BOLTON CONVOY:
MEETING: MIDDLEBROOK RETAIL PARK (BURGERKING)
TIME: 5:45PM TO LEAVE AT 6PM

CRUISE-CAD.COM CONVOY:
MEETING: FOR FURTHER DETAILS SEE THEIR FORUMS

DOWN SOUTH CONVOY
CONVOY CAR: Black Nissan Micra Y-Reg
WHERE: KNUTSFORD SERVICES NORTHBOUND
LEAVING: 7:00PM

INFO:
Right after some waiting i have finalised details with the free Max Power Live DVD handout by T-TECH and our cruise on Sunday.
So whats all this then.
Put simply, last week i was approached by a company called T-Tech who do promotional work for various companys.
The current work they are doing at present is a promotional DVD that is going to be handed out at the Max Power Live event in July.
So after a chat with them they asked me if they could feature my car in the DVD and of course without hesitation i agreed.
They said that they would contact me in a week or so.
Now things like this are always taken with a pinch of salt, well apart from my fish & chips, but to my surprise i received a phone call and i went down to the Blackpool based company with Garnz and was shown a DVD which featured a rough demo (if it can be called that as it was amazing from the present state) of what will be on offer on the disc and our website is going to be on the list.
It was a fully interactive clickable DVD and they are wanting me to fill this up with stuff for the final release.
Then after a few more coffe breaks and a chat we decided to film the Subaru so the guys at T-Tech set up all the huge camera equipment and rollers and they got some footage of my car.
I then took an M3's out for a spin and did some ground breaking speeds (keping to the limits mind ) and then we were in full debate over my Subaru vs BMW. But in a good way.
Then i returned and we took the car out and got some footage in car and then went back to the studio to have a final chat and then was approached to sort out a cruise that they can film.
Aslo this DVD when done will be given out at the Max Power Live event in July and we are going to reach an audience of around 80,000 people that will be watching it.
So to sum up this DVD will be done by T-TECH and they have permission to hand this out at the event in July from Max Power.
There will also be some max power models down so a big thanks to them for sorting that so you could be in for a chance for a sprawl over that bad boy bonnet or wherever else they let you.
There are 2 reasons i am telling everyone this.
The first is that its obviously related to the cruise as they are going to be down filming our event on the 2nd of May and the other reason is that this is good PR for our website and the cruising scene in general.
So what else can i say apart from Sunday the 2nd of May is going to be a good event and all the staff here want your support on this and make it a turn out to remember.
Any help you can show in plugging this event to people will be truly appreciated and so far we have let these cruise sites know and hopefully they can make this a turn out to remember and show their support by making a good turn out.
Cruiseblackpool
cruisecad
cruisewirral
hotcars
bbg
I hope everyone here can make it down and show their support to blackpool and its cruising scene as if ever there was a time to show everyone else now is it.
Ant will be posting up a similar text to this to all the cruise sites in the north west and lets hope they can make things even better with us all together for one massive night.
So be there on the 2nd May and lets have a cruise to remember in May.

Thanks for reading and hope to see EVERYONE down there.

Reply if you are going to be making an appearence and lets get the ball rolling.

I know its a little late but if you are interested then see you down there.

Last edited by DJ WATTS; 01 May 2004 at 09:31 PM.
Old 30 April 2004, 10:37 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

BTTT

No one up for this? Even any locals from Blackpool?
Its this Sunday.
Old 30 April 2004, 02:15 PM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Default Is this for real

surely going to be full of nova boys and such, but haven't got anything planned except maybe a trip to southport on the Monday, so will pop along. Am driving a silver STI 8 with around 340 bhp, sound system, and anti roll bar, so can you look out for me, will be coming down from Preston so M55 most of the way, would be good to meet up with you en route if possible, or perhaps at a place closer, if not will try and find it by myself. Hopefully see you Sunday.

Chris
Old 30 April 2004, 03:07 PM
jogyp
Scooby Regular

Talking

yeh love to meet up, got to get other halfes ok to go first and then arrange place,time
Old 30 April 2004, 08:01 PM
jogyp
Scooby Regular

Cool

got the go ahead so yes we will be there
my98 turbo slightly modded
and mate with my94wrx
both silver
see you there
Old 01 May 2004, 10:33 AM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Default We still meeting at halfords

SO is it go for meeting at Halfords, have got directions, I think so will head down there for around seven, see you all then .

Chris
Old 01 May 2004, 09:34 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Location at Halfords is sorted and although i cannot meet anyone on route as i have to go down with T-Tech and all the equipment etc so i hope to see you down there.
Old 01 May 2004, 09:39 PM
Ex_Pug
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, that's far too many silver Imprezas for my liking.

I'll be there for about 7 as well (BLACK 03 STi (silver Turini's)). I could meet someone at the end of the M55 if required, and on to Halfords from there.
Old 02 May 2004, 12:00 PM
CraigMac
Scooby Regular

Talking

i just might come along for a look as ive nothing else planned

MY99 DBM
Old 03 May 2004, 01:12 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

First off i would like to say a massive thanks to T-TECH for all their support with cruiseblackpool and featuring my car on the DVD.

Secondly can i thank all the other cruise sites that made the journey down and trusting me that it was going to be big as it was all you cruisers that have made this night one to remember.

Also i would like to say thanks for the help A n t showed and a few others with the plugging of the event on other sites. :respect:
I spent the whole week on the other cruise sites with A n t keeping updated on things and answering all questions about the event and also cheers to ello moto for letting me put flyers in A1 motocare for me to plug the event.

Was certainly without question one of our biggest events of the year and probably going to be hard to beat but i will try as i have more plans for the future.
Watch this space peeps.

Some nice cars down and met some new faces and talked to our friends at cruisewirral and a big thank you again guys for being there for us.

Cheers also to stacey for sorting the publicity on the radio and fundraising.
Thanks to becky for backing me up on this 100% and for anyone else that i missed out a big thanks to you too.

Just goes to show you carnt organise a Cruise over the internet eh peeps, PMSL.....
Well i have re defined this belief and i have now shown the power of the internet and getting the right people on board. lol

But all remember it is all the support everyone shown by turning up that made the night so great.
Thanks for that everyone.

For those that didnt make it down and had their doubts. Shame on you and im sure the people that went down will tell you how great it was and maybe you may think twice the next time we get another one together.
Over 500 cars possibly with filming by T-TECH and Max powr babes, filming of the cruise from the air and a great atmosphere on the night.

What more do you need?

Expect more like this from me in the future and things will and can only get better.
Old 03 May 2004, 01:34 PM
cool.j
Scooby Regular

Just reading the Gazette DJ, the driver of that crashed scooby was a very lucky person.
Old 03 May 2004, 02:17 PM
jogyp
Scooby Regular

yes good night was had by all even the wife who was very reluctant to go but enjoyed it in the and i will not be cleaning the bonnet of my car as the maxpower babes were sprawled all over it.

http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/...05-04_2024.jpg

http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/...05-04_2023.jpg
Old 03 May 2004, 05:35 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Yes that was very unfortunate but at least he is fine.

Coverage of the whole event should be going in our local Gazette paper tormorrow.
Old 04 May 2004, 11:09 PM
jogyp
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 05 May 2004, 05:52 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Ok ive talked with my local paper and the coverage is going in Fridays edition of the Gazette and it will be located in the wheels suppliment.

Was nice to see a few good scoobs down..

Anyhow thought that you all may like this shot from in the air...
It was taken from a plane that was hired out especially for the cruise on sunday.
The time it was taken was about 8.30 and is only a fraction of the total turnout.
And there is more cars to the right that you cannot see.
Not many of these kind of shots will ever be taken at cruises.
Unless they are by the polize...

Can you spot my silver scooby? And a few more that turned up?

Anyhow enjoy.

Old 05 May 2004, 02:57 PM
BlueBoy
Scooby Regular

that's a crackin photo

Wish I could have gone
Old 06 May 2004, 03:49 PM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Default when's it out

Cracking photo, am just wondering when the photos and video will be out so we can all see who got into max power. Dare say it will be a cruise report not a feature, and is the DVD a freebie in the coming issues. Anyway heard a few rumors so was just wondering if anyone had confirmation.

Chris
Old 07 May 2004, 01:28 PM
jason4656
Scooby Regular

funny this is only 2 mins from where i live and i didnt even know about it, till i got pulled by a funny copper on wed night on squires gate lane telling me about the boy races, then he told me to read the gazzette about the scoob that had crashed so i should slow down!