Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

House broken into for keys - B@*$ards

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2004, 11:41 AM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy House broken into for keys - B@*$ards

Woken at 5.45am when the house alarm went off, got downstairs to find my office window wide open. ******* had jemmied it but activated the PIR three steps inside & scarpered taking neighbours new Merc with them .
bl@@dy pi$$ed off but at least everyone OK.
Just off to get more window locks!!!!!!!
Old 07 April 2004, 11:52 AM
projucer
Scooby Regular

bloody ell - sorry to hear steve - where do you live & what reg/spec is your sub! will keep an eye out - this trend seems to be on the increase - may sound a bit ***** like BUT i take my keys with me upstairs!!! (even though my sub is parked in a padlocked steel garage with a cat-1 alarm/immobiliser - in front i park my honda accord (immobilised) with a padlocked gate & outside the gate i park my fathers nissan micra (immobilised!) - ALCATRAZ! [i'm still lookin 2 get a tracker fitted & i'd recommend it to everyone else if they 'really' do enjoy their pride possession]
Old 07 April 2004, 11:57 AM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by projucer
bloody ell - sorry to hear steve - where do you live & what reg/spec is your sub! will keep an eye out - this trend seems to be on the increase - may sound a bit ***** like BUT i take my keys with me upstairs!!!
I'm in your general area M8. STi8 (So not bothered about trackers then). Keys were with me so the house alarm did the job. Neighbour not so fortunate & now minus his £30K+ Mercedes.
Old 07 April 2004, 12:07 PM
projucer
Scooby Regular

so the sub is saved!!! sorry steve... i thought the sub got nicked - i've heard stories of people being thrown out of their subs/evos - i knew one b'stard who's locked up for 12 years who nicked 4 subs (including a p1 & 22b) to make the ultimate 'son of a beech' wagon - he sold it 600 miles down south in devon! i could go on and on with these stories... is this only happening in yorkshire or elsewhere also?
Old 07 April 2004, 12:30 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Jeez mate, sorry to hear about that!

Main thing is you're ok, and the cars safe.

I always take my cars to bed with me, next to 'Mr Baseball bat'.. I have a few stickers on the office and other windows stating that my car keys are safe.

Try giving the local Crime prevention unit a call to get some of these stickers.. Every little helps.

In fact, I was going to give them a call and bring some along to the next meet. This has reminded me to chase them up..

See you at the Karting buddy..
Old 07 April 2004, 12:49 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear whats happened Steve, Glad you & your family wern't hurt in anyway though.

chances are that they'll never catch who did it, unless the merc was tracked.

My keys always stay downstairs now & I just let the house & car security do its job. If they come in my house in the early hours ,I dont want them bothering me or my family, and the cars insured.

Regards

Phil
Old 07 April 2004, 01:59 PM
J4CK50N
Scooby Regular

Location: From : somewhere between here & there - also at wyioc.co.uk - are you?

Crikey

That is bad news! I hate to hear about these things! Things are not going to chance though unless tougher laws are brought it (but i'm not going to go into that!)!!

The main thing is that you and your family are safe. Cars can easily be replaced whereas people cant!!

Cheers

J4CK50N
Old 07 April 2004, 02:26 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Blimey Steve - all feels a bit too close for comfort Mate. Hope the family is OK, and that they're not too shaken.

Moral of the story - always activate your house alarm at night. Glad we're all well security conscious - Al, those stickers would be useful.
Old 07 April 2004, 03:15 PM
BAH
Scooby Regular

this is one of the reasons i got The cobra 7518 in my car, need a pin to unlock...

Old 07 April 2004, 03:47 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

nice idea mate but reckon the pin idea wouldn't work they would just"ask" for the pin number or wreck the car or the owner...scumbags..

Last edited by Scoobybits; 07 April 2004 at 03:48 PM. Reason: cos i am daft
Old 07 April 2004, 05:51 PM
NICK DF
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about that steve, feel sorry for your neighbour! Dam gits. I leave my keys upstairs on a night too this sort of thing is happening all the time alately.
Old 07 April 2004, 07:10 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

OMG Steve, sorry to hear this. So glad you're all OK.

I think this will spur me into action on upgrading our home security. At least if they'd got it, they shouldn't have got too far eh? Still, it would be better if it didn't happen at all. I can strongly recommend this , so you'll know when someones on your property before they try anything more sinister.

Probably not your biggest concern at the mo', but are the lights OK?

PS. I guess they passed on the Evo down the street, or did he have some visitors too ?

Last edited by corradoboy; 07 April 2004 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07 April 2004, 07:34 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Steve... The missus called me at work today to tell me about this, I tried calling you,b ut you must have been on 'tnet. Just want to echo everyone else's concern and hope that you're all okay, and more to the point, that you're gonna be able to settle tonight.

Don't let it put you off owning the motor. If you want some real security I could rent you the wife when she's in full blown PMT mode, leave her in the motor overnight and I guarantee it'd still be there in the morning. Not too sure how you'd get into it yourself mind

Give me a call if there's anything I / we can do.

Take care
Andy

PS CB... Saw Steve yesterday, lights are smart. Got me thinking about doing mine, but I think the colour's in the lens itself... gonna have a closer look over the weekend
Old 07 April 2004, 10:55 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Post Security Beefed Up, bit happier now

Just got back to t'net after a day clearing up & fitting extra locks & stronger window fittings, feel a bit daft bolting the stable door after the horse etc but it's another wake-up call.
With regard to the car, the instant reaction when faced with a threat to ones youngsters is 'Is it worth it' but that was quickly over-ruled by her who shall be obeyed who refuses to be dictated to totally by scumbags!
Never missing a trick there was a chorous of "Told you we need a dog" from my 9yo, problem is it'd be about 6" high & furry as **** in a chocolate fireguard kind of way.
Just got crossed fingers that we don't get a repeat performance.
Thanks for all the responses.
Steve
PS Sticky, Cheers M8 & awesome kit in your car, how do you spell tinnitus? Dave, lights excellent so far (Just glad they weren't sorted for someone elses benefit ie Better visibility to & from the robbery!).
Old 08 April 2004, 12:50 AM
kart_man
Scooby Regular

Sad state of affairs, but I bought a digital safe and I drop my keys in there every night when I get home. It may not stop the very ambitious, but makes it a little trickier for the less professional scum bag ! Only 30 odd quid from Makro, and handy for passports etc too !

Dave
Old 08 April 2004, 06:54 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

The safe's a worthy consideration, but you have to wonder just how far the scum will go. If they're determined enough to break into your house in the first place, then they're gonna think nothing to issuing a beating till you tell 'em the pin for the safe.
Does anyone make a safe that explodes in your face if you put the wrong code in?
Mind you, knowing my luck and poor memory...BOOM
Sticky plastered all over the walls

Glad you like it Steve, BTW. sorry...
GLAD YOU LIKE IT, STEVE
Old 08 April 2004, 09:36 AM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Seriously, another reason to have BlackJax though....

Hand over keys; retreat to secure location; wait for car to splutter to a halt; retrieve vehicle after suitable delay.
Old 08 April 2004, 09:38 AM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

Only just seen this thread Steve. Really pleased that you and the family are ok, and the car is still in your possession!!

I hate it when things like this happen, especially when it is closer to home. This is not good at all.

We keep saying that the law is going to have to change, but does our government listen??? Nope! Should be put to the public this and I think that with the country/world as it is today, there would be an overwhelming vote in favour of stricter laws, or even capital punishment once again. At the very least, let's chop the hands off thieving scum barstewards, it will put a swift end to their twilight activities...

Once again, good that you are all ok mate.

Simon
Old 08 April 2004, 12:33 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

We keep saying that the law is going to have to change, but does our government listen???
We keep saying it, yes. But to each other, not the government. We have one year 'til the next election, so everyone get writing to your MP's. Probably a little lame, but Auto Express are having a go at representing the beleagured motorist here . If even just the members of Snet all wrote to their MP's, that's a big enough group to cause a stir in the corridors of power, let alone the 30m motorists in total. We have to compete daily with aggrivated vehicle taking (car jackings/house break-ins), the highest petrol price in the world, appauling decrepit roads decaying under our wheels, tax, tax, and more tax. Imagine the dent in the governments coffers if no-one moved their car, smoked a ciggy or drank a pint of beer for just one day. You could argue that most essential journeys would simply be put off until the next day, but it would be a show of force. Remember the fuel protests. Our money has sent our people to their deaths in a war that no-one in this country wanted and has cost us billions. Every day, thousands of so called immigrants sneak into our country like parasites to leach off of us, if they were legitimate assylum seakers they would follow the correct procedure. Their underhand tactics simply highlight their dubious criteria for entry.
The money for all this comes from somewhere, and it's us. The Police are now little more than tax collectors, as real crime has no profit, hence we get robbed blind and wait hours for an officer to turn up, issue a crime number and the obligatory disclaimer "There's nothing we can do, sir" and then p!55 of and set up another speedtrap.
Barroom politics (and internet politics these days) solves nothing unless it's converted into action in the real world. So come on guys, one of our close friends has now almost been a victim. Motoring is our thing, so get you heads in gear and pester your MP's to show that the motorist is angry, and wants change.

I think I need to go lie down now. Phew.
Old 08 April 2004, 04:45 PM
stephen emery
Scooby Regular

whats a blackjacks and anyone got a link?
had my scoob stolen in simlar situation

steve

ps not getting another
Old 08 April 2004, 04:59 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Blackjax details
Old 08 April 2004, 07:43 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Steve - don't let all this cr*p put you off Scoob (or any decent car) ownership. Just need to take precautions - BlackJax is an excellent solution (not a deterrent as such, but it saves you trying to be macho in the face of a gun....).
Old 08 April 2004, 09:42 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

HB, fortunately as CB alluded to earlier they actually wouldn't have got very far even with the keys You really need to keep the fitment of these devices quiet - the dilemma is that if it's obvious that the car is un-nickable with keys then they either might not bother trying or on the other hand it could become more extreme with violence to person(s) involved for information so the car can be driven away. As it is we have a damaged house, day & a half lost work, big bill for window locks etc (How expensive?!) & knackered hands from fitting/upgrading the bits & bobs but at least we're all OK except my good lady who was awake from 2-6 listening to me snoring & wondering why she was bothering seeing as I was obviously so traumatised!
Strangely we both accept that Scooby ownership means we're subjected to this kind of incident in today's society which brings the subject round to CB's last post.............................................. ....................I'll be biased after yesterday so I'll keep my thoughts to myself
Old 08 April 2004, 10:01 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

Just to add Steve, that I'm off work at the moment so if theres any thing you need or I can help with just ask

Phil
Old 08 April 2004, 11:01 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks Phil, but the house is sorted. Ironically Bro is a security engineer! You can help me on the car front tho as I'm struggling with the Knocklink. I'm sure you said Unicar (Computer crashed since your e-mail) but they said they don't sell or fit them, unless it was a different unicar!
As an aside, what have U done about the body kit? I liked it BTW & thought the back was OK too.
Steve
Old 08 April 2004, 11:06 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

sorry mate, bit of a misunderstanding, the knocklink I got through a group buy which came from BRD, it was the blackjax I got from unicar
I kept the kit in the end, but still not sure about the rear, I think it looks more aggressive when you can see the diff, flaps, exhaust, etc.

will leave it for now though.

glad you got sorted, but offer still stands if theres owt you need

Phil

Last edited by MadGrip; 09 April 2004 at 09:21 AM.