Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

attempted theft - warning

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2003, 03:49 PM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

******/s broke into my garden in the early hours this am then came around the front, smashed the front door glass with a rock and stole the car/house keys hanging in the lock (yes I know - I know - not me that has this habit!) - foiled by the fact that they took my partner's car keys not mine and by the fact I heard the bang and came downstairs pronto. Keys were then jetisoned in the village and were found and returned (already) via the 'sentinel' tag we have on the keyring. Not before I had the police and locksmith out though!

Police reckon that its 100% certain it was my car they were after and that 'they' chucked the keys away when they saw they weren't the right ones - so it looks like we have another round of scum targetting subarus - this was in a 'non-problem area' of cheshire btw.

Nothing stolen at the end of the day but I am now faced with a barrage of 'that car has to go' type statements from 'er indoors and the hassle of replacing locks,window glass and all the inconvenience involved not to mention a few sleepless nights.

two things worry me about this - coincides with me deciding to stop fitting the disklock steering wheeel lock due to the fact that my partner is driving the car while she is pregnant(hassle+weight factor) - thus no 'visual deterrent' on the car and the fact that I am selling the house so have had dozens of people round 'viewing' recently - some even asked about "the alarms on the house" etc (can I assume this was innocent?)

Paranoia or coincidence?

Paul W

be careful out there

Old 14 April 2003, 07:39 PM
yoza
BANNED

Unhappy

10mins from you,I hate to think what I would do if I caught the *******.

Be safe,and polish the "side by side".
Old 14 April 2003, 08:04 PM
The TunnelMeister
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that mate, a friend of mines lives in Hale area & had his stolen a couple of months back. Broke into his house for keys.

Talking to someone about this prob the other day who had this suggestion. Don't know if you've heard of it but, he claims he has a batt operated PIR from his HOUSE burglar alarm system sat in his car at night. He activates the downstairs house alarm which includes said PIR. Anyone breaks in house, alarm goes off, anyone gets in car, same thing.

Not too much help if they are already in your car in know, just a pity we have to resort to this.

cheers,

Steve.
Old 15 April 2003, 08:08 AM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about this, it sux.... but surely its the WIFE who should be getting rid of HER car?

Lucky for her the thieves got into the wrong car in the dark, isnt it

And Im sorry to hear about her "bad habit" wrt keys...my wife had a similar bad habit of leaving the front door unlatched until she had some rather expensive stuff stolen at 8 am one Wednesday morning.