Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

In memory of my brother Nick who died this weekend aged 22

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2002, 10:33 AM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

This weekend my brother, Nick who was 22, and an avid Scooby nutter, died of a brain haemmorage.

Although not an active poster on this bbs he did read it a fair bit and relied on me to post things for him as his job frequently took him out of the country. He attended many meets though with me and came on several of the rolling road days at Well Lane.

He loved Subarus, ever since I got mine, and when he finally got his own just less than a year ago he was over the moon and immediately set about modifying it.

The result was this:

All he wanted was to get the magic 300bhp, and like me he lived for his car, he loved it.

The night before he died he attended the North West Subaru Club meet for the first time (he'd been away for all the others) and there's a photo of him in the post about this meet.

The reason I am posting this is that I know he would have loved to get together as many Subarus as possible to attend his funeral.

He would love nothing more than to hear those rumbling boxer 4s one last time.

So please, if you knew him and even if you didn't I would like to invite as many of you as possible to attend his funeral. I'd love to see a Subaru meet as a send off for him, because nothing would have made him happier.

I understand that a lot of you may not be able to spare the time, but if you can, and you want to, I would love for you to attend, even if you don't know us.

We don't know the funeral details yet but I will be posting them up later this week, but it is likely to be in Oldham.

Many thanks.

Rich
Old 30 July 2002, 12:58 AM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about the loss of your brother m8