Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Virgin Media deal.. maybe

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2014, 11:32 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Virgin Media deal.. maybe

Been told this is a good deal, don't follow the deals, prices etc, so you would need to research it.

Although I do pay to advertise on this site, this isn't an advert, I'm not selling anything, Virgin are pushing for more customers by offering a discount if you join through me and no, I don't get anything for it.

On the off chance it's helpful to someone on here saving cash .. here it is.

If you want it, you just need send me your details and someone will call to arrange... I think you need to be a new customer, or not have all the services..

Mates Rates Virgin Media, Existing customers must be adding an RGU (An RGU is a revenue-generating unit, such as Broadband, Phone or TV.) Here is the deal: -

Introducing 'Mates Rates' from Virgin Media

Virgin Media’s Mates Rates is now bigger and better, giving our wonderful Virgin Media people the chance to offer their friends and family (...that’s YOU !!!) access to our new Premier Collection with an amazing ongoing discount that now comes in two sizes.

So if you’re receiving this then your mate, who works at Virgin Media wants you to get access to our superfast broadband and experience TiVo - which we think is the best way to watch TV ever.

What’s on Offer?

Standard Mates Rates

A FREE TiVo 500Gb box (if you don’t already have TiVo)
Free Installation (only available to new customers)
60Mb Broadband (XL60) - which is eight times faster than the UK average speed
Talk Weekends (M)
200+ TV channels including all your much loved Sky and HD channels (XL)
A FREE second VHD Box*

Please note that the VHD user experience is different to that of TiVo.

* If you are an existing customer and already have a VHD or V+HD Set Top Box, then we will set this up in another room for you, instead of giving you a new VHD Box.

The total cost per month including line rental is just £52.99. That’s compared to the normal Premier Collection price of £67.99, a MASSIVE saving of £180 every year!!!

If you want to upgrade to higher talk packages or add TV premiums then normal upgrade rates apply (see our website for more details).

Best of Premier Mates Rates (so much more for just £5 extra per month!)

A FREE TiVo 500Gb (if you don’t already have TiVo)
Free Installation (only available to new customers)
100Mb Broadband (XXL100)
Talk Anytime (XL) plus Talk Mobile and Talk International add-ons (giving you cheaper calls)
200+ TV channels (XL)
3 months FREE Spotify
A FREE second VHD Box*

Please note that the VHD user experience is different to that of TiVo.

* If you are an existing customer and already have a VHD or V+HD Set Top Box, then we will set this up in another room for you, instead of giving you a new VHD Box.

If you drop any of the features above you will not retain this special discount and will have to move to the standard mates rates discount so may end up paying more. You can upgrade or bolt on other extras at our standard prices such as sky sports and or movies. However this discount does not apply to our VIP package to if you want that the Standard Mates Rates is the deal for you.

The total cost per month including line rental is just £57.99 per month. That’s compared to the normal Premier collection price for these services of £87.49 a massive saving of £354 every year!

Great so how do I get it?

In order for the referral to be processed correctly, your friend must submit a Mates Rates referral form - with your contact details. Once we receive this, our Mates Rates team will then be in direct contact (note this can take up to 28 days). You can’t get this offer any other way, so please don’t call in... we promise to call you.

We look forward to getting you connected soon!

The Virgin Media 'Mates Rates' Team

Legal stuff: 18 month contract term applies. Mates Rates cannot be combined with any other offers. Existing customers must be adding an RGU (An RGU is a revenue-generating unit, such as Broadband, Phone or TV. It doesn't include Mobile, V+ or a TiVo box). Existing customers cannot have left Virgin Media or removed an RGU within the 180 days prior to our receipt of their applications. Existing customers on Solus or Duals can not be signed up for Mates Rates for 90 days after their connection date. Further legal stuff applies.
Old 08 March 2014, 11:36 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

well i already have tv/landline and internet with them so i guess i dont qualify..........
Old 09 March 2014, 12:22 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any problems if I take up the deal, whilst my missus cancels the contract she has in her name?
Old 09 March 2014, 07:23 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think my bro in law has negotiated an identical deal without the mates rates thing. Actually I think they've thrown in 12-18 months of free net flix subscription as well.
Old 09 March 2014, 09:02 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Any problems if I take up the deal, whilst my missus cancels the contract she has in her name?
You'd be a new customer, but I'm not 100% on how it works in sales. I can ask.

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
I think my bro in law has negotiated an identical deal without the mates rates thing. Actually I think they've thrown in 12-18 months of free net flix subscription as well.
Might be better sending him the details to get everyone a better deal then
Old 09 March 2014, 10:47 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Flippin' heck! Having been bombarded on a weekly basis by Virgin by post, it now seems it's made it's way here. I don't deny the offer may be better than most and the fact the TiVo box does everything including making you a cup of tea. However the fact I don't want it doesn't stop Virgin sending me offers ***** nilly. I am now just posting the letters back and have politely asked to be removed from the mailing list.
With respect to the op, I'm cynical and refuse to believe he isn't benefitting in some way. If you are good luck to you but be honest. Do you have some affiliation with Virgin? If not then why are you blatantly offering them free advertising?
I may have completely got the wrong end of the stick and be questioning someone's altruistic crusade to help fellow S'netters. If this is the case I apologise.
Old 09 March 2014, 11:04 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Flippin' heck! Having been bombarded on a weekly basis by Virgin by post, it now seems it's made it's way here. I don't deny the offer may be better than most and the fact the TiVo box does everything including making you a cup of tea. However the fact I don't want it doesn't stop Virgin sending me offers ***** nilly. I am now just posting the letters back and have politely asked to be removed from the mailing list.
With respect to the op, I'm cynical and refuse to believe he isn't benefitting in some way. If you are good luck to you but be honest. Do you have some affiliation with Virgin? If not then why are you blatantly offering them free advertising?
I may have completely got the wrong end of the stick and be questioning someone's altruistic crusade to help fellow S'netters. If this is the case I apologise.
Pretty sure he works for them
Old 09 March 2014, 11:19 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Pretty sure he works for them
Would explain the ringing endorsement he gives them. Personally any company with such an aggressive advertising campaign, and compulsory 18 month contracts gets short shrift from me!
Old 09 March 2014, 11:25 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Would explain the ringing endorsement he gives them. Personally any company with such an aggressive advertising campaign, and compulsory 18 month contracts gets short shrift from me!
Yes they are bloody relentless aren't they? I have their cable Internet as it was all we could get here at one time with anything like a decent speed.... in recent years it has become more and more unreliable and I am now swapping over to BT Infinity which my neighbour has and having been running a ping/packet test on both our conenctions for a few months his is way more reliable than mine! I did speak to them about it, but they seemed obsessed with wanting to upgrade me to a higher speed... when I asked if this would cure the latency issues and dropouts they said no LOL!

To be fair to pimmo he may not be making anything out of this deal as generally he does seem like a decent sort even if I don't always see eye to eye wth him

Last edited by f1_fan; 09 March 2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09 March 2014, 11:48 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

There is an offer within the centres for anyone able to get people to sign up, they get £100.

I've seen a few posts on FB from people offering this service, in order to gain the commission and why not. I've had a few people message me over the years about VM issues, costs etc and I try to help when I can.

Personally, I don't deal with customers, sales, bills or offers and I like it that way.

You have my honesty as above, I don't know if that's a good offer, I pay almost nothing as a staff member and personally have never had an issue with the service.

As I understand it, my role does not allow me to claim any kind of compensation through sales, advertising or customer growth. Should someone be interested, I will pass their details onto a colleague in Customer care, she has helped me with resolving issues before and I would hope she would see the commission.

I'm not going to defend VM, I'm not here to shout about them either, it's very simple.

I saw an offer, it's been suggested to me people will save money using it, I posted it. I apologise if you determine this to be Spam from VM, it's a marketing ploy no doubt, but maybe one of benefit.
Old 09 March 2014, 11:50 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

I'm cynical and refuse to believe he isn't benefitting in some way. If you are good luck to you but be honest. Do you have some affiliation with Virgin? If not then why are you blatantly offering them free advertising?
If we don't have customers, I don't have a job, seems logical I would spent 30 seconds trying to increase the customer base that puts food in my children's mouths.

Old 09 March 2014, 12:18 PM
scotty boy 80
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really that great a deal I dont think cos thats without sport or movies so if you want them thats an extra 30 quid.
Ive got pretty much the same package with the lesser broadband with skysports bundle for 74 quid a month
Old 09 March 2014, 12:30 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scotty boy 80
Not really that great a deal I dont think cos thats without sport or movies so if you want them thats an extra 30 quid.
Ive got pretty much the same package with the lesser broadband with skysports bundle for 74 quid a month
Fair enough, maybe post the link for that deal? might as well get some use out of this thread.
Old 09 March 2014, 01:07 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Is it only available for the 60mb line? As I would probably add the tv to my account if it were on a 120mb line. Virgin have been chasing me for years to add TV to my account
Old 09 March 2014, 06:58 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Virgin are upgrading 60mb customers to 120mb soon, free of charge
Old 09 March 2014, 09:01 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Pimmo is a good man he helped me out once with a discrepancy on my bill ,

How ever i switched from sky tv to tivo and it was terrible i had to cancel before the minimum term , luckily no extras costs to do so.

So now i have Virgin 120mb BB and Sky tv and I'm happy
Old 10 March 2014, 10:52 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ive been with Virgin for over 5 years, have Tivo and everything bar movies and sports.

Running 120MB BB soon to be 150 Free of charge, and I have to say the service is rock solid.
I think ive been down for about a day in 5 years. BB is very fast with Low Latency great for Games.

I happily play games so does my son, with wife and daughter streaming Netflix and doesn't miss a beat.

Tivo in my opinion, pisses over sky, just easy and works

And if your a new customer Pimmo you WILL save Money Lots of it. Plus it wont go off in Heavy Snow
Old 11 March 2014, 02:41 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mamoon2
Virgin are upgrading 60mb customers to 120mb soon, free of charge
100MB, not 120MB.
Old 11 March 2014, 03:07 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah I go from 120mb to 150
Old 12 March 2014, 12:17 PM
Pong
Scooby Regular

So..after 18 months it goes back to higher price? Thing that is missing for me is SKY F1, don't want to lose that. But moving from £80+ to £52-£57 would be nice.
Old 12 March 2014, 12:53 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

No, it stays on that rate. That's the min contract length.