Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Can't pay? We'll take it away!

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2014, 09:08 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Can't pay? We'll take it away!

So far so good! This first chap sounds and looks like a complete nut case! Probably on benefits too...
Old 24 February 2014, 09:50 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed....
Old 24 February 2014, 10:00 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Is it bad that I don't feel sorry for any of these people? That couple with 4 kids have had over 16 months notice to leave their rented house!
Old 24 February 2014, 10:17 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Please tell me this is not yet another programme about benefit claimants?
Old 25 February 2014, 10:10 AM
angel1368
Scooby Regular

about debt collection officers mate, felt abit sorry for the ex army guy but the other family with 4 kids i couldnt give a **** for
Old 25 February 2014, 12:05 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I said this would happen...and it has....the country now hates benefit claimants.

Cue: time for the government to get on with what it wants.

But wait...what's this? Benefit claimants are just the latest in a group of hate-targets set up by the Tories and their lackey media, started with the public sector, (most of which hasn't now had a raise in salary for four years....but who now cares?), then it was pensioners, then immigrants, now benefit claimants.

Will YOUR sector be next? And will there be anyone left to speak up for YOU???????
Old 25 February 2014, 12:10 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You borrow money, you pay it back, simples. If you can't pay/struggle to pay for whatever reason then talk to your creditors - they're usually be happy to help! Its easier for them to do that than go through the whole repossession process!

If you ignore your debts then suffer the consequences! Its not like the knock on the door was the first they knew about it...... Some of those cases were 2+ years in the making!

Was an interesting programme. Wouldn't like to do their job though, you'd feel sh*t at the end of every day! Its amazing how they kept their cool throughout!

Last edited by BLU; 25 February 2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 25 February 2014, 12:17 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BLU
You borrow money, you pay it back, simples. If you can't pay/struggle to pay for whatever reason then talk to your creditors - they're usually be happy to help! Its easier for them to do that than go through the whole repossession process!

If you ignore your debts then suffer the consequences! Its not like the knock on the door was the first they knew about it...... Some of those cases were 2+ years in the making!

Was an interesting programme. Wouldn't like to do their job though, you'd feel sh*t at the end of every day! Its amazing how they kept their cool throughout!
what Trev said...can summarise in three words; take personal responsibility

Alcazar I very much doubt there is a a national hate for those on benefits, just those on benefit that take the ****...and that is NOTHING to do with whichever party is in power.
Old 25 February 2014, 12:17 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BLU

A mate of mine did it for a while as he needed a job, but he said it was utterly soul destroying. He finally resigned when he refused to take the last few quid a guy had that he needed to feed his daughter.

The 5 year old girl was starng at him throughout the exchange and just looked so utterly defeated, mch like her father (who was in tears by now) that he could not do it!

He said they were either two of the finest actors on the planet or were genuinely at their wits end! Either ways he decided he didn't need a job that badly!
Old 25 February 2014, 12:21 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trails
Alcazar I very much doubt there is a a national hate for those on benefits, just those on benefit that take the ****...and that is NOTHING to do with whichever party is in power.
I think you're spectacularly missing the point Alcazar is making and that is that Cameron and Co. and the media are doing their level best to make benefit claminats in general public enemy number 1 regardless of whether they are 'taling the p1ss' or not!

It's in much the same way that the press demonise all Muslims rather than just the very small minority that are a problem!

Far easier and quicker to do this than try and discriminate between those that are deserving and those that are not!
Old 25 February 2014, 12:30 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BLU

I have a solution for not being able to pay it back, PPI .

There is a programme on the BBC in the morning called Sheriffs, so it's not a new target really.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 25 February 2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 25 February 2014, 12:35 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
here is a programme on the BBC in the morning called Sheriffs, so it's not a new target really.
Haven't seen that as I work for a living, no time to watch daytime TV... unlike you it seems Just kidding
Old 25 February 2014, 12:36 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
I think you're spectacularly missing the point Alcazar is making and that is that Cameron and Co. and the media are doing their level best to make benefit claminats in general public enemy number 1 regardless of whether they are 'taling the p1ss' or not!

It's in much the same way that the press demonise all Muslims rather than just the very small minority that are a problem!

Far easier and quicker to do this than try and discriminate between those that are deserving and those that are not!
Not really...government using the media to try and distract\manipulate the masses is hardly a new thing is it.

Perhaps you have spectacularly (you do love a superlative Chris don't you ) missed my point; this tactic is so bloody obvious that anyone with an iota of common sense ignores it

Last edited by trails; 25 February 2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: some punctuation would have been nice...
Old 25 February 2014, 12:42 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Not really...government using the media to try and distract\manipulate the masses is hardly a new thing is it.

Perhaps you have spectacularly (you do love a superlative Chris don't you ) missed my point; this tactic is so bloody obvious that anyone with an iota of common sense ignores it
And there's your problem.... there's an awful lot of people with no common sense in this country. Just look at some of the complete muppets that post in this forum for starters. Some **** brought up the Muslim bacon cafe extractor story again the other day... I mean FFS!!!!
Old 25 February 2014, 12:50 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

And there's your problem.... there's an awful lot of people with no common sense in this country. Just look at some of the complete muppets that post in this forum for starters. Some **** brought up the Muslim bacon cafe extractor story again the other day... I mean FFS!!!!

halal bacon no doubt

I bet they have far more common sense in Aus though
Old 25 February 2014, 01:19 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BLU

Paying back debts is for the little people, for big financial institutions it is just a game, and one where the taxpayer could be on the hook.
Old 25 February 2014, 01:22 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

what Trev said...can summarise in three words; take personal responsibility
Like the flood victims blaming the government?

like those who bought property in the 00's sometimes with 125% mortages! later saved by QE, the bank bailouts and ultra low interest rates?

Like many banks after the financial crisis?

Last edited by tony de wonderful; 25 February 2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 25 February 2014, 01:26 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Haven't seen that as I work for a living, no time to watch daytime TV... unlike you it seems Just kidding
Just had a week off with two kidney stones, 6.6 and 4.9 mm, now ESWL weekly until they break up .

Daytime TV is nearly as painful!
Old 25 February 2014, 01:32 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Like the flood victims blaming the government?

like those who bought property in hype 00's sometimes with 125% mortages! later saved by QE, the bank bailouts and ultra low interest rates?

Like many banks after the financial crisis?
sorry, your point is?

For clarities sake; I was agreeing with Trev; you should do all you can to deal with the matter in hand instead of deferring responsibility by ignoring it.
Old 25 February 2014, 01:33 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Just had a week off with two kidney stones, 6.6 and 4.9 mm, now ESWL weekly until they break up .

holy-moly, hope they they disintegrate quickly!
Old 25 February 2014, 01:59 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Pffft, that's nothing I had one 13mm, Had to have op to remove it, now that really made my eyes water.

My GP told me not to bother letting him know if I'd passed it. I asked why! He said cos he'd know as he only lived a mile away from me and he would hear me screaming
Old 25 February 2014, 02:01 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

holy-moly, hope they they disintegrate quickly!
They are currently nestling at the end of the tube that goes from my kidney to my bladder. Fingers crossed.
Old 25 February 2014, 02:05 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by Chip
Pffft, that's nothing I had one 13mm, Had to have op to remove it, now that really made my eyes water.

My GP told me not to bother letting him know if I'd passed it. I asked why! He said cos he'd know as he only lived a mile away from me and he would hear me screaming
These are my second batch in 14 months, and I may have the reverse drag 'em out if they don't break up.

Back on topic....................baliffs and society is fooked!
Old 25 February 2014, 03:23 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
like those who bought property in hype 00's sometimes with 125% mortages!
My first house was bought in 2003 with a 125% mortgage. Paid off and moved on with no help from anyone.
Its all about living within your means which 90% of the country seems unable to do! Keeps the bailiffs in a job though
Old 25 February 2014, 03:59 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Double whammy for the tool from Liverpool(?) who smashed the windscreen of the car being repossessed and then was arrested.
Old 25 February 2014, 05:21 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mouser
Double whammy for the tool from Liverpool(?) who smashed the windscreen of the car being repossessed and then was arrested.
..and then had to pay a £125 fine Complete idiot.
Old 25 February 2014, 05:31 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mouser
Yeah that was funny I said to the missus "oh dear, thats gonna come back and bite him in the ar*e" - sure enough it did!! What goes around comes around!!
Old 25 February 2014, 07:10 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine did it for a while as he needed a job, but he said it was utterly soul destroying. He finally resigned when he refused to take the last few quid a guy had that he needed to feed his daughter.

The 5 year old girl was starng at him throughout the exchange and just looked so utterly defeated, mch like her father (who was in tears by now) that he could not do it!

He said they were either two of the finest actors on the planet or were genuinely at their wits end! Either ways he decided he didn't need a job that badly!
Man....if that's all true that's sad as..
I work in some of the biggest rental sh1tholes ever, but 9/10 of them have at least a 46 inch tv/iPhone/iPad
Old 25 February 2014, 09:56 PM
craigybaby
Scooby Regular

It's a good programme I'm a high court enforcement officer (sheriff) so it's interesting seeing how other officers deal with situations etc you do feel bad sometimes when doing evictions especially when kids are involved
Old 25 February 2014, 10:10 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
Man....if that's all true that's sad as..
I work in some of the biggest rental sh1tholes ever, but 9/10 of them have at least a 46 inch tv/iPhone/iPad
Yeah, as ever there's two sides to everything. As my mate said when he was collecting money from people with two Range Rovers on the drive and a massive pad in Wilmslow he didn't feel bad at all, but every now and then he'd have to collect from someone who had more than likely fallen on hard times for one reason or another and was reaching the lowest point they could and up he pops to take their last few quid..... he just couldn't do it in the end and said to me the look on that little girl's face will haunt him for a long long time! He has a young daughter of his own so I think it hit him doubly hard!

Quick Reply: Can't pay? We'll take it away!