Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Break down cover

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2002, 02:20 PM
Dirty Wrong'un
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Just got my re-newal quote from the AA, and it's more expensive to renew than joing as a new person. Just wondering who would be best to go with, mainly after a lift home kind of cover, home start isn't too importaint, and possibliy the odd beer run to France, again not too importaint.

Any suggestions??

Gus
Old 27 May 2002, 02:33 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

I just re-joined the AA.Mainly cos last year i had a breakdown and they were great,got there really quick,and the guy knew what it was straight away.
Pretty valuable when your stuck in the middle of Sheffield with an important appointment to keep
Old 27 May 2002, 05:42 PM
Robyn
Scooby Regular

ring em up point out its cheaper for a new client etc they can probably be flexible. If not let it lapse and heh presto you are a new client.

Look at the recent agro halifax (I think it was them) had over mortgages. offers to new clients not avaliable to current ones etc frowned upon generally and they had to cough up money to make up the difference in the end.
Old 28 May 2002, 10:04 AM
Dirty Wrong'un
Scooby Regular

Told the woman (Customer Relations, not sales)that yesterday, she turns around and says some (rap about not being eligable for long membership bonuses at 5 years. When I asked what these are she said that they *May* be free upgrades, but they will not be offered if I call them out. So it looks like you're paying for a service if you don't use it you *May* get an upgrade, but there is nothing in writing so the company policy *May* change and you end up paying more for bu99er all!!

So it seems that The AA don't wanna keep it's members for more than a year.

Basically just wondering what other prices for other companies are.

Cheers,
Gus

Old 28 May 2002, 10:15 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Regarding the AA, if another family member is already a member, can you upgrade cover to include all the family?? I see it's advertised on their website, so I assume you can easily upgrade.

Stefan
Old 28 May 2002, 11:20 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Join the CSMA for 15quid or so (if your eligable, page on their website to find this out) and join Brittania Rescue on their Comprehensive cover for 50 quid Covers the car not the person though...... Always been impressed by their service, used em for years.

http://www.csma.uk.com/about_us/howtojoin.html

Click on the link to eligability database.

Hope that helps.
Old 28 May 2002, 07:33 PM
Victoria
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

What ever you do don't go to Subaru Assist. When my baby broke down they sent a tow truck that couldn't tow four wheel drive cars....!!!!
Victoria
Old 28 May 2002, 07:42 PM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Talking

Each year I renew my AA membership I tell them I want my other half to have free membership too, and they do it! For the last few years we've paid 80 quid for both of us to be members of the AA, and thats with that recovery option.

The AA have always been fantastic for me, my other car is a right jalopy and I had to be picked up from up north on Saturday, and again I couldnt fault the service!
Old 28 May 2002, 07:43 PM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Talking

Each year I renew my AA membership I tell them I want my other half to have free membership too, and they do it! For the last few years we've paid 80 quid for both of us to be members of the AA, and thats with that recovery option.

The AA have always been fantastic for me, my other car is a right jalopy and I had to be picked up from up north on Saturday, and again I couldnt fault the service!

Ali (Mrs Catflap)
Old 29 May 2002, 12:37 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

i'm covered by green flag and the AA and have used them both recently (its a long story).

Would have to say out of the two the AA were a LOT better.

They arrived earlier than i was quoted, they arrived at the right place (green flag sent theres off to worthing when i was in chichester!), they also kept calling me back asking if i was ok giving me updates etc.

They even told me to go and have a wander so i didnt get bored whilst waiting, they then called me 10 mins before the guy turned up so i would be back at the car for his arrival.

Very impressed with the AA.

The only minor complaint was the AA have to send a guy in a yellow van round even tho it was blatantly obvious the car was not fixable at the roadside, whereas green flag took my word the car was lunched and went straight to truck stage. (though the two response times were very similar, tho not helped by green flag sending there driver the wrong way.