Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

UK Police

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2014, 01:50 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UK Police

There was a thread on some other forums which I'm a member of that somebody had started and I was surprised to see that almost half of the replies were negative towards the Police, or had had bad experiences with them. What I noticed was the people who had been caught by the Police were the ones that decided not to like them from then on and that most of the cases seemed to be traffic related. Being car enthusiasts, driving a little too fast or whatever is going to happen and you may get caught, and if you do then you'll be fined and told off by the Police. You should accept that and not hold negativity towards them then, so I was just surprised to see so many that didn't really have valid reasons....

I know you'll get a few bad ones as with anything in life, but some people decided to tar them all with the same brush and thought that most of them were a complete waste of space.

Personally, I've had to contact them twice in my lifetime and on both occasions I thought they were really helpful.

Anyway, out of curiosity what do you all think?

Last edited by LSherratt; 15 January 2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 15 January 2014, 01:55 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Can you add 'indifferent' to the options?
Old 15 January 2014, 01:56 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I chose 'Like/respect' but that is as a whole. Individually is a different matter
Old 15 January 2014, 01:57 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

W4nkers personally.
Persecute easy targets like minor traffic offences to keep figures up and ignore persistent criminals or crimes that involve putting effort in to getting a result.
Old 15 January 2014, 01:58 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
Can you add 'indifferent' to the options?
No I can't change the responses now. I did consider a 'mutual/do not care' response as number 4 but I wanted clear-cut responses.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:03 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
W4nkers personally.
Persecute easy targets like minor traffic offences to keep figures up and ignore persistent criminals or crimes that involve putting effort in to getting a result.
This^^^

Motorists are the easy target. Time they were no longer allowed to call speeding a "crime" to massage crime figures.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:04 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

W4nkers personally.
I don't want to make 3M change his mind but I agree - ACAB!
Old 15 January 2014, 02:08 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Compared to most countries; we have an outstanding Police service.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:22 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

I guess it's like people in general you get some good ones and you get some bad ones,I have met some good officers of the law that do the job the way it should be done,but saying that I have seen some complete w*nkers that abuse there position and get kicks out of bullying motorist,but saying that I guess they might of been bullied at school and want to get there own back,they are a necessary evil I'm afraid,I would hate to think what kind of country this would be without them in place.SJ.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:23 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

There should of been a few more options in the poll though.SJ.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:27 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

They made 3 films based on the corruption of the West Yorkshire Police. Red Riding Trilogy. Everyone I know has been beaten or knows of someone who has been beaten by the Bill. I've been beaten. I told the PCA 3 set upon me but my friend said 7, so it got thrown out.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:30 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

I suppose they are a necessary evil but I tend to think the job attracts a certain type of **** end.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:33 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
I would hate to think what kind of country this would be without them in place.SJ.
We haven't always had a national police. It's more or less an institution which dates from the early 19th century.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:38 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
We haven't always had a national police. It's more or less an institution which dates from the early 19th century.
So most proberly around the time that lawless behaviour was on the increase,people have not got that little house on the prairie attitude no more,police are definitely needed in these times we live in.SJ.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:38 PM
romford-boy
Scooby Regular

I suppose they are a necessary evil but I tend to think the job attracts a certain type of **** end.
I find the road cops aren't too bads, but some regular plods are absolute tossers. I know a few guys in the force and they get turned on by the thought of a fight........although I'm not sure it counts as a fight when you carry batons and peppers spray.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:40 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

I agree with you but I have personally never been one to tar everyone with the same brush if you get my drift if that was the case everyone would be ***** to me you includedSJ.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:42 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
They made 3 films based on the corruption of the West Yorkshire Police. Red Riding Trilogy. Everyone I know has been beaten or knows of someone who has been beaten by the Bill. I've been beaten. I told the PCA 3 set upon me but my friend said 7, so it got thrown out.
Its another true story.......
Old 15 January 2014, 02:46 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
So most proberly around the time that lawless behaviour was on the increase,people have not got that little house on the prairie attitude no more,police are definitely needed in these times we live in.SJ.
There's more conflict in modern society and more laws to try and contain that conflict.
Old 15 January 2014, 02:46 PM
Ash170990
Scooby Regular

tarring them all with the same brush, yet when they call you boy races you dont like it lol

It all depends who you get, some coppers are fine others think their above the law... so cant answer the question as one could be fine and another could be a complete bellend who doesnt deserve any respect...
Old 15 January 2014, 02:59 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Its another true story.......
You didn't even believe me 2 years back when I said I got a slight nose bleed from picking my nose, you must lead a dull life if my banalities seem unbelievable!
Old 15 January 2014, 03:02 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
You didn't even believe me 2 years back when I said I got a slight nose bleed from picking my nose, you must lead a dull life if my banalities seem unbelievable!
Yes dear of course they all happened (pat on the head)
Now go and tidy your room there's a good boy.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 15 January 2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 15 January 2014, 03:15 PM
6VOLT
Scooby Regular

You might call them w@nkers and all the rest of it... and yes some of them will be..But for the most part you will see people that are simply ' Just doing their job ' I'm a prison officer and I like to think I'm a decent guy... and im sure there will be people that disagree with that... but they are usually the ones that are in the wrong .. so it makes be the w@anker for challenging what is essentially inappropriate behaviour. It will be just the same for the coppers too... But when all is said and done, when your mum's girlfriends, families home is being smashed to pieces by yobs or they are being assaulted , you'll want them turning up to help sort the mess out.
Old 15 January 2014, 03:18 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I've no problem with them, first impressions make a big difference. I find if you are ok with them they are ok with you, but there are the odd few **** head coppers who upsets the balance, but then again you get that in all jobs.
Old 15 January 2014, 03:22 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
I've no problem with them, first impressions make a big difference. I find if you are ok with them they are ok with you, but there are the odd few **** head coppers who upsets the balance, but then again you get that in all jobs.
+1
Old 15 January 2014, 03:24 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 6VOLT
You might call them w@nkers and all the rest of it... and yes some of them will be..But for the most part you will see people that are simply ' Just doing their job ' I'm a prison officer and I like to think I'm a decent guy... and im sure there will be people that disagree with that... but they are usually the ones that are in the wrong .. so it makes be the w@anker for challenging what is essentially inappropriate behaviour. It will be just the same for the coppers too... But when all is said and done, when your mum's girlfriends, families home is being smashed to pieces by yobs or they are being assaulted , you'll want them turning up to help sort the mess out.
Your job is harder, you are dealing with the dregs of society constantly, people like Paul Sykes, the Police deal with all classes yet treat everyone with disdain. We reported a Cannabis Farm and the Police and Council for that matter kept throwing an accusing eye at us "Are you ******* sure" kinda attitude.
Old 15 January 2014, 03:31 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I used to respect the police, because that is how I was raised. But every experience I've had with them has eroded that respect a little at a time.

Originally Posted by Ash170990
tarring them all with the same brush, yet when they call you boy races you dont like it lol

It all depends who you get, some coppers are fine others think their above the law... so cant answer the question as one could be fine and another could be a complete bellend who doesnt deserve any respect...
Every time they close ranks to defend a bent one, they tar themselves IMO
Old 15 January 2014, 03:36 PM
leeds_182
Scooby Regular

W4nkers personally.
What's the point in having laws if they're not enforced?
Old 15 January 2014, 03:38 PM
leeds_182
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
This^^^

Motorists are the easy target. Time they were no longer allowed to call speeding a "crime" to massage crime figures.
Speeding is not a crime and is not recorded as such. The only motoring offences recorded as crimes are dangerous driving and related offences.
Old 15 January 2014, 03:39 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
this...but as said in another post it does take a certain personality type to want to be old bill.

The older I get the weirder it is though; struggle to take some of the youngsters seriously and the removal of height restriction was a dumb idea imho too.
Old 15 January 2014, 03:57 PM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

Both my father and brother were coppers, Dad retired after 26 years, Brother left the force after 13 year

both of them saw two very different styles of policing.

after hearing stories from my brother and a certain way he was treated which resulted in him resigning from the force I have lost all respect for the Police.

I am now glad i have no direct link to the Farce.... Sorry Force!!!

Quick Reply: UK Police