Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why do web designers think they are business process engineers?

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2013, 09:16 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why do web designers think they are business process engineers?

Stick to what you're good at, stay inside the scope of your work order and don't tell me how I should be running my business!
Old 19 December 2013, 09:18 AM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Stick to what you're good at, stay inside the scope of your work order and don't tell me how I should be running my business!
Yep,
Old 19 December 2013, 09:24 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Couldn't agree more which is why I got very confused a few years ago when I was working on a quotation system as part of a website for a PVCu windows/doors company and got told to generate the system however I saw fit ... I explained we needed to model it based oin their business process, but they told me... 'nah,we don't have time for that, just do what you think' Needless to say it never went live!

As I said in the other thread the best projects are when everyone is pretty good at what they do and knows where their roles start and end in the process. I work with one marketing copany who are brilliant.... they do everything a marketing company should do and I have done some great projects with them!

Last edited by f1_fan; 19 December 2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 19 December 2013, 10:32 AM
ScoobyNoob79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Couldn't agree more which is why I got very confused a few years ago when I was working on a quotation system as part of a website for a PVCu windows/doors company and got told to generate the system however I saw fit ... I explained we needed to model it based oin their business process, but they told me... 'nah,we don't have time for that, just do what you think' Needless to say it never went live!

As I said in the other thread the best projects are when everyone is pretty good at what they do and knows where their roles start and end in the process. I work with one marketing copany who are brilliant.... they do everything a marketing company should do and I have done some great projects with them!
How many times have you been told "we thought you where providing content as part of the website"?

Me, tons.
Old 19 December 2013, 01:42 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

My wife does some web sites for small businesses, and they quite often think you are going to do the content too. Some even think you are going to provide the content on the About the Staff type pages....
Old 19 December 2013, 01:44 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
Some even think you are going to provide the content on the About the Staff type pages....