Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cameron - FFS!

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2013, 05:41 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cameron - FFS!

Yes I know I'm having another pop, but wtf is he doing commenting on Nigella Lawson in the middle of the court case. Now the jury have had to be instructed to ignore his 'favourable' remarks. Surely he knows to keep his mouth shut when this sort of thing is in progress.... doesn't he?

PM's Nigella Lawson comments: Ignore them, says judge

He really does come across as an idiot sometimes!
Old 12 December 2013, 06:19 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan

What do you mean sometimes?!?!
Old 12 December 2013, 06:19 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

only sometimes?

darn... beat me to it
Old 12 December 2013, 06:25 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Look, it's quite obvious that David Cameron likes pretty women. First that selfie with Danish pasty and now he's Nigella's massive fan. No big deal tbh. What's funny is that the judge had to ask his jury members to take no notice of it. I mean, they should know not to take Cameron seriously; basing on his track record.
Old 12 December 2013, 06:26 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.

darn... beat me to it

^^ lol ^^

If your not fast your last!!........
Old 12 December 2013, 06:36 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

They won't have any trouble finding people who favour Nigella now will they?

Me for instance..

As usual, it's all *****. She's a well known and much admired public figure, and an off the cuff comment about her cooking is of no consequence to any court case, assuming she hasn't poisoned anybody!
Old 12 December 2013, 06:41 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
Me for instance..

As usual, it's all *****. She's a well known and much admired public figure, and an off the cuff comment about her cooking is of no consequence to any court case, assuming she hasn't poisoned anybody!
It's the principle of law though. He'd be the first to complain if someone else did it and it didn't suit his agenda!
Old 12 December 2013, 06:42 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
They won't have any trouble finding people who favour Nigella now will they?

Me for instance..

Exactly, I don't see what the fuss is all about. Some people over-react to the slightest of things don't they.
Old 12 December 2013, 06:47 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

On TV, she even looked less weightier whilst walking to the court with her head held high. I blame the Coca Cola. Doing well for her age regardless of the amount of slap on her face was covered with. Why she married that ugly Saachi I do not know. Perhaps that's why she needed drugs to fog her head so that she could cope with his ugliness.
Old 12 December 2013, 06:50 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
What's funny is that the judge had to ask his jury members to take no notice of it. I mean, they should know not to take Cameron seriously; basing on his track record.
Good point actually, applies to any of the lying scumbag politicians to be fair
Old 12 December 2013, 07:08 PM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

It could be an interview done in the wake of the incident with her husband and only published now…..nothing to do with the trial at all. Just a thought.
Old 13 December 2013, 07:19 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes I know I'm having another pop, but wtf is he doing commenting on Nigella Lawson in the middle of the court case. Now the jury have had to be instructed to ignore his 'favourable' remarks. Surely he knows to keep his mouth shut when this sort of thing is in progress.... doesn't he?

PM's Nigella Lawson comments: Ignore them, says judge

not wanting to get into a massdebate over Nigella.. but when you say having another pop at Cameron.. who would you rather have running the country.... ? ?

Wallace

sorry I mean Ed Rubberband

or give me an alternative....... ?

Last edited by salsa-king; 13 December 2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 13 December 2013, 08:28 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

when I heard this sound bite on the news Iknew you would post about it Chris
Old 13 December 2013, 08:55 AM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by salsa-king
not wanting to get into a massdebate over Nigella..

Well, you wouldn't be the first to "massdebate" over Nigella!
Old 13 December 2013, 09:26 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by salsa-king
. but when you say having another pop at Cameron.. who would you rather have running the country.... ? ?

Wallace

sorry I mean Ed Rubberband

or give me an alternative....... ?

This seems to be the only reason anyone can give me for Cameron being there, it would be worse under Miliband. I doubt it would be better or worse, they are hewn from the same cloth like all politicians these days... in it for what they can get and little else! I doubt that over all it would be any different really.

I just think that a PM or any polititcian for that matter should understand the basics of court cases and realise that making comments like that is not the right thing to do when the case is in progress. It's basic stuff surely! Or does he realise and thinks he is above the law?
Old 13 December 2013, 12:29 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

It's the Media constantly badgering him for his opinion, JUST to get a headline.
Old 13 December 2013, 12:32 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

And if you didn't vote at the last election don't moan.

Old 13 December 2013, 12:39 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
It's the Media constantly badgering him for his opinion, JUST to get a headline.
Yep, well what wuld you do in that instance... you'd keep your mouth shut wouldn't you! How hard can it be?
Old 13 December 2013, 01:24 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

She's not on trial though, just a witness. Would be different is she was the accused.
Old 13 December 2013, 01:37 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speedking
She's not on trial though, just a witness. Would be different is she was the accused.
Can you let the judge know that then? The point is her testimony will part way form the outcome of the case. If the PM is on the sidelines saying 'she is wonderful' the jury could be forgiven for thinking that he means they need to take her side of the story as more valid than anyone else's!

At the end of the day he should keep his trap shut as should any of them. Of course if it was Miliabnd you'd all be on it like a tramp on chips!
Old 13 December 2013, 02:57 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Can you let the judge know that then? The point is her testimony will part way form the outcome of the case. If the PM is on the sidelines saying 'she is wonderful' the jury could be forgiven for thinking that he means they need to take her side of the story as more valid than anyone else's!
Hardly, the jury should fully understand they are expected to be impartial at all times and as such should not be influenced by anything other than the evidence presented. If they are not capable of this then it is the jurors who should be condemmed, not the primeminister for merely stating an oppinion.
Old 13 December 2013, 03:05 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
Hardly, the jury should fully understand they are expected to be impartial at all times and as such should not be influenced by anything other than the evidence presented. If they are not capable of this then it is the jurors who should be condemmed, not the primeminister for merely stating an oppinion.
Er.... at a time when a new law is being passed to make it a criminal offence with a maximum sentence of 2 years for jurors to receive information about those involved in a case (either from an outside source or by seeking it themselves) during a case I would expect the PM of the government passing said law to be the one person who should keep his mouth shut over this matter!
Old 13 December 2013, 03:20 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought you didn't give a f**k about this case.
I guess don't give a f**k can mean different things to different people, though where I come from it means ...........
Anyways, as has already been said - she ain't even on trial - so it is a pretty moot point.
Old 13 December 2013, 03:23 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Er.... at a time when a new law is being passed to make it a criminal offence with a maximum sentence of 2 years for jurors to receive information about those involved in a case (either from an outside source or by seeking it themselves) during a case I would expect the PM of the government passing said law to be the one person who should keep his mouth shut over this matter!
There's a fundamental difference between receiving information about a case and hearing about a third parties oppinion. At no point did Mr Cameron state any facts pertinent to the case.
Old 13 December 2013, 03:24 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
I thought you didn't give a f**k about this case.
I guess don't give a f**k can mean different things to different people, though where I come from it means ...........
Anyways, as has already been said - she ain't even on trial - so it is a pretty moot point.
I don't, but this thread is about Cameron not about the case!

Noit a moot point for the reasons stated above!
Old 13 December 2013, 06:27 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

I really think the judge is getting his knickers in a twist over nothing at all.
It is not the same d1ck who tried to stop the newspaper vendor outside the Old Bailey from stocking Private Eye is it?
These people seem to take themselves a little too seriously and the fact that it is considered newsworthy just encourages them.
Old 13 December 2013, 07:25 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
I really think the judge is getting his knickers in a twist over nothing at all.
It is not the same d1ck who tried to stop the newspaper vendor outside the Old Bailey from stocking Private Eye is it?
These people seem to take themselves a little too seriously and the fact that it is considered newsworthy just encourages them.
I don't know, Camerons comment could actually be seen to be swaying the Jury in a particular direction depending how you look at it, either way he should have known better.
Old 13 December 2013, 07:39 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

Jut reading that one of the sisters said she allowed her kids to smoke pot (doesn't make it true I know)

Last edited by AndyBaker; 13 December 2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 13 December 2013, 07:43 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyBaker
Jut reading that one of the sisters said she allowed her kids to smoke pot doesn't make it true I know)
I think the sisters are that deep in the **** they will say anything even though it could be possible the kids smoked the pot ....
Old 13 December 2013, 09:24 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
I don't know, Camerons comment could actually be seen to be swaying the Jury in a particular direction depending how you look at it, either way he should have known better.
Let's hope the jury know better - this is a case about theft as opposed to the egos of Mr and Mrs Saatchi.
I am sure they will not be much swayed by the musings of DC.
The same may not be said for Mrs S's inimitable sartorial style.

Quick Reply: Cameron - FFS!