Thanks Toyota!

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2002, 08:22 PM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hurrah!

Got a call from Toyota yesterday asking when I wanted to do the trackday at Silverstone that was offered as a competition prize on their website a couple of months back (someone here on Scoobynet posted the link - Ta)

Well I wanna buy a £20k Japanese sportscar so I must be in their demographic

I remember reading a post quite a while back saying some people had got the nod that they were doing this and I assumed I was simply not one of the lucky ones. Has anyone been to one of their events yet, and if so, what was involved? The Toyota site doesn't really describe matters too deeply. Is this the automotive equivalent of a Timeshare villa convention or is it a complete hoot

Cheers
Joolz
Old 21 May 2002, 09:09 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had an email from them inviting me to a "Toyota on Track" event to be held at Oulton Park in June. I too registered after following a link on a post on Scoobynet.

I have to phone up to confirm my place, and its not a premium rate number(which I was expecting) just the cost of a normal phone call!

Not sure what to expect of it?

BOB

PS I actually got 2 emails, the 1st was for the "Toyota on Track" being held a Brands Hatch but got a 2nd email offering Oulton Park as its closer for me!
PPS Just re-read the email and it refers to the trackday as "this pulse racing event"

[Edited by WRXBOB - 5/21/2002 9:12:51 PM]
Old 21 May 2002, 09:57 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Joolz, I'm in too, hurrah!

Silverstone on the 7th.

Should be a hoot, off road in a land cruiser, MR2/Celica on track and 'other' cars on roads around the track/area or so I'm told.

They may give us the option of the T sport stuff as well.

It'll be a tyre smokingly good time for sure.

See ya there.
F