Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Jon Venables

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2013, 11:10 PM
Essexdon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jon Venables

Seeing as this individual has just been released again now long do we think it will be before he is behind bars again, I would guess for something worse than downloading child ****.

I've only been a dad for the first time 4 months ago and can only now apprichate the depth of feeling towards the Bulger killers, they have the whole weight of the law to back and protect them, the situation stinks imho.
Old 04 July 2013, 11:36 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

You have to wonder what the hell is going on with this! He was released before and within no time was behind bars again for possessing child ****..... what possible reason can there be to release him? None that I can see.

Which idiot or idiots decided this was a good idea and why doesn't that spineless b1tch Theresa May, our so called Home Secretary, intervene?

A truly stupid move by all concerned!!
Old 04 July 2013, 11:53 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

It's his human right to be released. We can't be prejudiced against him if he has an approach to life that isn't the same as the majority of the planet because that would be terribly awfully narrow minded of us.
Old 04 July 2013, 11:56 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
It's his human right to be released. We can't be prejudiced against him if he has an approach to life that isn't the same as the majority of the planet because that would be terribly awfully narrow minded of us.

Sad, but strangely accurate

He is one of the strongest candidates for the death sentence (if it were in existence).
Old 05 July 2013, 12:08 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian

Sad, but strangely accurate

He is one of the strongest candidates for the death sentence (if it were in existence).
I've decided to get active in politics. I think I will have to go independent as the mainstream parties are too concerned about feathering their own nests.

--------------------------------------

You can't con an honest person.
Old 05 July 2013, 12:24 AM
Essexdon
Scooby Regular

Of course its his right and do the actions of a child reflect the man? Going by the child **** issues you would say yes and that he is still a danger to children.

So much for a worldwide protection net around him, you only have to google him to find photos as an adult :-O
Old 05 July 2013, 09:11 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
The whole thing brings tears to my eyes if I think about it, not just for poor little Jamie Bulger, but for two other lives wrecked...the two lads who did it.

WHY they did is still unknown, but their lives are wrecked whichever way, as are those of their families, just as little Jamie''s family is destroyed.
Without wanting to sound all left wing or tree huggish, I kinda agree, Jeff.

What went on in a 10 year olds mind to carry out something so disturbing, so abhorrent? I've heard and read information on some people just having an 'evil' gene. Not insane, no previous exposure to abuse etc., just an evil gene.

Old 05 July 2013, 09:22 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Hopefully when somebody gets hold of him, they'll shove a load of D size batteries up his ****, crush his bollocks and then twist his dick round and round so that it's left hanging off. Maybe pour paint in his eyes as well just for good measure.
Old 05 July 2013, 09:25 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I'd rather not be reminded of what that poor toddler went through

I remember reading some horrific info. in 93 as a 9 year old and it gave me nightmares.
Old 05 July 2013, 09:25 AM
Skoobie Dhu
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Human rights only apply to people who respect the human rights of others, these pair waived their entitlement to any human rights the day they kidnapped, tortured and murdered an innocent 3 year old child.
Old 05 July 2013, 09:27 AM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

They should never be let out (life should mean life) .....
Old 05 July 2013, 09:28 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The whole thing brings tears to my eyes if I think about it, not just for poor little Jamie Bulger, but for two other lives wrecked...the two lads who did it.

WHY they did is still unknown, but their lives are wrecked whichever way, as are those of their families, just as little Jamie''s family is destroyed.
Old 06 July 2013, 04:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He should never be released.

Les
Old 06 July 2013, 05:17 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I can see how people can look at it that way, and if it had been my child that was hurt, or killed, I would probably say the same...or worse.

But I can also see it from the young lads who did the crime's point now...I'd like to bet that BOTH of them would take it back if they could.

And yes, I do feel sorry for them. I brought up a lad with ADHD who acted and then, if ever, thought about what he'd done. And it was hard, for him, his family and those around him
Old 06 July 2013, 05:33 PM
dazzaturbo
Scooby Regular

I can see how people can look at it that way, and if it had been my child that was hurt, or killed, I would probably say the same...or worse.

But I can also see it from the young lads who did the crime's point now...I'd like to bet that BOTH of them would take it back if they could.

And yes, I do feel sorry for them. I brought up a lad with ADHD who acted and then, if ever, thought about what he'd done. And it was hard, for him, his family and those around him
But they can't take it back, they didn't just kill the poor lad on accident they tortured him.
I don't feel an ounce of sorrow for the pair of mongrel *******s and am sickened that mine and your taxes are going (again) to give this murdering peodophile a brand new identity.

Would you say you felt sorry for venebles in front of little James's mother??
Old 06 July 2013, 06:55 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

The judicial service must change to make sentances fit the crime ,life should mean life ....
Old 06 July 2013, 07:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazzaturbo
But they can't take it back, they didn't just kill the poor lad on accident they tortured him.
I don't feel an ounce of sorrow for the pair of mongrel *******s and am sickened that mine and your taxes are going (again) to give this murdering peodophile a brand new identity.

Would you say you felt sorry for venebles in front of little James's mother??
No...of course not.

Yet I do.

From where I now sit I can look back on the first twenty years of my lad's life, and think, "there but for the grace of God....." You just NEVER knew what he was going to do next. I'm pretty certain that his upbringing wouldn't have led to him carrying out an attack like that, but what if he met another like him? What if we, and the other kids' parents thought that violence and torture were the norm? What then??

Those two who did that awful crime were just kids. It doesn't excuse them, it doesn't really give us any reason, but who KNOWS what was going through their heads? Or why?

If you can't feel sorrow for two young lives wrecked, then so be it.

But I do.
Old 06 July 2013, 07:30 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
The judicial service must change to make sentances fit the crime ,life should mean life ....
Life does mean life, they have a life sentence - that they will die with

They are let out on "licence", and can be recalled to prison at any time for any reason

What you really mean is life imprisionment with no prospect of parole or release

People do serve life in prison, a condition of parole with a life sentence, is that you admit your crime which is tough for people who believe they are innocent
Old 06 July 2013, 07:32 PM
dazzaturbo
Scooby Regular

No...of course not.

Yet I do.

From where I now sit I can look back on the first twenty years of my lad's life, and think, "there but for the grace of God....." You just NEVER knew what he was going to do next. I'm pretty certain that his upbringing wouldn't have led to him carrying out an attack like that, but what if he met another like him? What if we, and the other kids' parents thought that violence and torture were the norm? What then??

Those two who did that awful crime were just kids. It doesn't excuse them, it doesn't really give us any reason, but who KNOWS what was going through their heads? Or why?

If you can't feel sorrow for two young lives wrecked, then so be it.

But I do.

Even after the fact he has been downloading images and videos of child ****,abuse,torture you still feel sorry for him??

I fail to see how

Do you feel sorry for jimmy Seville because his name has been tarnished after his death??
Do you feel sorry for Myra hindley because she was taken down the 'wrong' path by Ian Brady??
How about Maxine Carr??

He has now had more than enough chances and should be strung up IMO.
Old 06 July 2013, 07:43 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
Life does mean life, they have a life sentence - that they will die with

They are let out on "licence", and can be recalled to prison at any time for any reason

What you really mean is life imprisionment with no prospect of parole or release

People do serve life in prison, a condition of parole with a life sentence, is that you admit your crime which is tough for people who believe they are innocent

Yep no prospect for parole or release,they might think twice about commiting such evil crimes .....
Old 06 July 2013, 07:43 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Evil piece of shit that should have been offed on the inside if you ask me.
Old 06 July 2013, 08:07 PM
Essexdon
Scooby Regular

Apparently he was living in Warrington just down the road from Liverpool despite being banned from the Mersey area. He was outed by a guy he worked with in the local Pizza Hut when he was first banged up for downloading the images, as he just disappeared without a trace.

Also the judge had revealled that Venables had been living in the Cheshire area, working a entry level job, unsociable hours and minimum wage role.

Last edited by Essexdon; 06 July 2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07 July 2013, 10:19 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

My problem with Venables's release now is that this man has never had any form of a normal upbringing. The majority of his learning life he's spent in a abnormal environment accompanied by other youth offenders of varying degrees. Polluting his mind with what is acceptable behavior or interaction with the world. Accompanied by psychological assessment, and attempts of rehabilitation to what gain I don't really know bar find a impairment or condition to excuse the way he is.

The result of all this is whilst this boy was not "right" then before killing Bulger. IMO He crossed a point of no return. Our laws and prison system were and still are ill-equipped to handle someone like this - as it never had seen a person like this before. Which has meant this boy is now an adult who has little ability to properly act as adult in the outside world - he may have been taught how to, but he has never experienced it and likely will never cope or act properly; As a result of psychological coaching he will have learnt to act or mask his true inner feelings towards those who have any power in his direction in life.

The result IMO is our penal system may well have coached and trained a disturbed boy into being possibly a highly calculating psychopath....His release will only give him opportunity to practice what he has learnt: To make sure whatever he does wrong isn't seen or known by anyone but himself. He may have been told the moral compass, but life segregated from the world has prevented him from truly understanding it.

To sum up: Our penal system will have turned this feral animal into a cold calculating monster. And we're about to loose him out of his cage.

Last edited by ALi-B; 07 July 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07 July 2013, 10:20 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Even after the fact he has been downloading images and videos of child ****,abuse,torture you still feel sorry for him??

I fail to see how

Do you feel sorry for jimmy Seville because his name has been tarnished after his death??
Do you feel sorry for Myra hindley because she was taken down the 'wrong' path by Ian Brady??
How about Maxine Carr??

He has now had more than enough chances and should be strung up IMO.
You never heard of forgivenesss then?

I'm not going to aregue with you. I won't be changing my mind, having lived the life I have. Sorry.
Old 07 July 2013, 11:14 AM
dazzaturbo
Scooby Regular

I'm not going to aregue with you. I won't be changing my mind, having lived the life I have. Sorry.
It's not an argument it's a debate

But surely some acts are unforgivable??

I wonder weather you would feel the same if his new identity meant he will be moving in 2 doors down from you??
Old 07 July 2013, 02:08 PM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
They should never be let out (life should mean life) .....
I totally agree with this point or you take a life, you give a life! Which I suppose is on the same sort of lines as the death penalty.

I have not taken much notice of it this time as I still think when they gave them new identities the first time around was really bang out of order
Has the little ****** got another new identity or is he up for easy pickings this time?
Old 07 July 2013, 02:53 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

It's not an argument it's a debate
Semantics

But surely some acts are unforgivable??
Why? And where do you draw the line? And who draws it?

I wonder weather you would feel the same if his new identity meant he will be moving in 2 doors down from you??
Wouldn't worry me.

Believe me, I've thought a LOT about this, and at the time of the incident, probably felt as you do now.

But my last twenty seven years have changed me, slowly, but surely.

Matthew 18:21-22 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Luke 6:37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

And before you ask, no I don't go to church, but both the above seemed relevant.
Old 07 July 2013, 03:10 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

Does that mean you've downloaded child **** and murdered and tortured young children? Forgiveness is only given to people who truly do something to repay their past actions.
Old 07 July 2013, 03:17 PM
dazzaturbo
Scooby Regular

Semantics

Why? And where do you draw the line? And who draws it?

Wouldn't worry me.

Believe me, I've thought a LOT about this, and at the time of the incident, probably felt as you do now.

But my last twenty seven years have changed me, slowly, but surely.

Matthew 18:21-22 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Luke 6:37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

And before you ask, no I don't go to church, but both the above seemed relevant.

I suppose its a personal thing then.

I don't think (personally) he should ever have been released especially after he has proven to still be having these sick sexual urges towards children.

Personally I wouldn't be able to have this scumbag living near me (being a parent of 2 young children).

You asked where you draw the line and IMO if you are a peodophile or have killed children then that is the far beyond the line of forgiveness.

Its also funny how you used quotes from the bible as I don't think any religious book has ANY relevance in modern society

Obviously that is my view and if you don't mind the absolute lowest of the low in humanity walking around without a care in the world then that is your view and fine with me

We shall just have to disagree about it

Last edited by dazzaturbo; 07 July 2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08 July 2013, 03:03 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I wonder how happy most people would feel about trusting in the welfare of your child if it was left alone in his company.

Les

Quick Reply: Jon Venables