Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cameron Says No Job, No Benefits.

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2013, 03:12 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cameron Says No Job, No Benefits.

http://news.sky.com/story/1069254/im...ob-no-benefits

Will the proposals come to fruition? Probably not.
Old 25 March 2013, 03:21 PM
logic1980
Scooby Regular

I dont wanna get drawn in to a discussion on immigration other than to say im sure the government has no clue how many are living here in the UK from eastern Europe - where i live you just got to any public place ( supermarket, shops, doctors, pubs, street - hell even my back garden ) and listen - they are all you hear, all you see. that cant be good for our economy, roads, housing etc.
Thing is that most earn their money and send it back home so its isnt going back in to the country either. just dont know any thoer countries in the world that take one like the UK do.

There rant over - sure you all agree anyway lol
Old 25 March 2013, 03:38 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by logic1980
I dont wanna get drawn in to a discussion on immigration other than to say im sure the government has no clue how many are living here in the UK from eastern Europe - where i live you just got to any public place ( supermarket, shops, doctors, pubs, street - hell even my back garden ) and listen - they are all you hear, all you see. that cant be good for our economy, roads, housing etc.
Thing is that most earn their money and send it back home so its isnt going back in to the country either. just dont know any thoer countries in the world that take one like the UK do.

There rant over - sure you all agree anyway lol
In so far as what Cameron is proposing the government have every clue as to how many benefit claiming eastern Europeans there are (or any other immigrant for that matter). They don't just give you benefits no questions asked, they'll have filled out a form and undoubtedly nationality would feature on it as well as things like NI number or equivalent

For sure those who just come over to claim dole it's worth clamping down on, but for those that work they are contributing to our economy whichever way you look at it. Even if they send most of their cash back home they still have to live. Bulk of the jobs they do are also the ones that most of the UK's working population wouldn't want to do (including those on the dole) so they are keeping this country going one way or another.

Don't believe all you read in the Daily Mail....
Old 25 March 2013, 03:40 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

That's why i admire their attitude in Australia. They don't just talk about it...
Old 25 March 2013, 03:48 PM
logic1980
Scooby Regular

we dont have a Christmas island for them though - lol if only. but i do agree -
Old 25 March 2013, 04:30 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Don't blame foreign workers. Most i know say if it's there, they'll claim it. Why shouldn't they.
Blame our governemt for making life too cushy.
Old 25 March 2013, 04:32 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hasn't said much at all as far as I can tell, other than you're safe here to grab what you can for 6 months

Was relieved to hear your genuine imported worker contributes 2/3rdz more than he's taking out.

Last edited by dpb; 25 March 2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 25 March 2013, 04:45 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

He's only spouting this forth now as he is worried about the UKIP. No other reason and very little of it, if any, will happen.

Last edited by f1_fan; 25 March 2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 25 March 2013, 04:54 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
He's only spouting this forth now as he is worried about the UKIP. No other reason and very little of it, if any, will happen.
+1.SJ.
Old 25 March 2013, 05:07 PM
Turbo Tone
Scooby Regular

Cameron is the same as any other politician. Lots of talking S**T and no action.

Problem is who else do you vote for, Clegg? Er.....No. Miliband Er......Never in a million years.

And thats why people are voting UKIP/BNP or any other the other smaller parties.

This country needs a leader who will take action regardless of what all the human rights groups and tree huggers think!
Old 25 March 2013, 05:15 PM
logic1980
Scooby Regular

This country needs a leader who will take action regardless of what all the human rights groups and tree huggers think![/QUOTE]

Old 25 March 2013, 05:55 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

But would anyone with ANY sense REALLY want Farage?
Old 25 March 2013, 06:12 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Surely he is just saying what most of us think,ie that we are fed up of people immigrating here and taking our benefits which they have never contributed to. We shall have to see if he does anything constructive to stop it.

Les
Old 25 March 2013, 07:09 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

This bloody poles eh.....

They're taking our benefits

all 0.0065% of total number claimants.

The rest is made up of your indigenous scum too lazy to work

Last edited by dpb; 25 March 2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Not all of them,obviously
Old 25 March 2013, 07:13 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f1_fan
100% correct on the ukip thing, they are losing so many voters to ukip he has got to do something the public want for a change.

i think he will actually follow it through, not because its good policy but to win votes back from ukip.
Old 25 March 2013, 07:16 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by dpb
This bloody poles eh.....

They're taking our benefits

all 0.0065% of total number claimants.

The rest is made up of your indigenous scum too lazy to work
its not unemployment benefit, its the strain on hospitals,schools and other public services that is the problem.

i do agree about the homegrown scum though, we have enough of those without importing some from elsewhere.

another issue is the romanians probably wont claim but will create a crime wave.
Old 25 March 2013, 07:26 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Im glad but is it too late.
They need to do it so that if you go to the docs they ask for your NI number. Immagrents should get nothing until after 2 or more years of contributing.
I think we should be like America. Pay to enter, if you want to say you have to bring a minimum of £££ and fingers and eyes scanned.

As for uk scum. Pay them minimal but force them to work. Even disabled could do call centre jobs from home...obviously not all disabled can and that will need looking at.

Last edited by RobsyUK; 25 March 2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 25 March 2013, 07:26 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Double post:
Upload naked woman here ;>^^<;

Last edited by RobsyUK; 25 March 2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 25 March 2013, 08:07 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Did anyone see that big fat trout on the telly the other day, proud to sponge off every other bugger, British through and through.

Every time I hear an Eastern European accent it is when I get checked into a hotel, some hard working Poles manning the reception desks, in Aberdeen the other day, why are Poles working, same as the Nigerian guy who served me breakfast, working hard whilst I suspect there are a lot of Scottish sat on their fat *****, like the English.

Too many at the bottom waiting for the next free meal and too many others working but not contributing or, immigration is a drain, it is a problem but I despair more about our own sat watching loose women eating value biscuits in the afternoon than a Polish Girl doing a 12 hr reception stint, one is contribution, one is just taking.
Old 25 March 2013, 08:11 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Graz
In so far as what Cameron is proposing the government have every clue as to how many benefit claiming eastern Europeans there are (or any other immigrant for that matter). They don't just give you benefits no questions asked, they'll have filled out a form and undoubtedly nationality would feature on it as well as things like NI number or equivalent

For sure those who just come over to claim dole it's worth clamping down on, but for those that work they are contributing to our economy whichever way you look at it. Even if they send most of their cash back home they still have to live. Bulk of the jobs they do are also the ones that most of the UK's working population wouldn't want to do (including those on the dole) so they are keeping this country going one way or another.

Don't believe all you read in the Daily Mail....
Ok, go on then, just what are these jobs that nobody wants to do?
Old 25 March 2013, 08:42 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
its not unemployment benefit, its the strain on hospitals,schools and other public services that is the problem.

i do agree about the homegrown scum though, we have enough of those without importing some from elsewhere.

another issue is the romanians probably wont claim but will create a crime wave.

Again we have to look to ourselves, without anybody at all coming the whole systems are overstretched

Providing much more support than these eu incomers get at home has to stop

- 6 months time is enough time for a lot these people to sponge of us, but then we're part of the EU innit.

I'd agree about the Romanians though - from little iv seen on telly
Old 25 March 2013, 10:51 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mouser
http://news.sky.com/story/1069254/im...ob-no-benefits

Will the proposals come to fruition? Probably not.
Apparently the proposals are unravelling already...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-unravels.html
Old 25 March 2013, 10:55 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

The bulk of the UK's slackers is fat ar5ed white Brits who appear to think they are owed a lifestyle by doing f3ck all.

The bulk of immigrants work their ***** off doing jobs us lazy Brits either won't do (working on farms/packhouses/etc) or can't do.

Blaming immigration is quite simply, retarded.
Old 25 March 2013, 11:34 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
The bulk of the UK's slackers is fat ar5ed white Brits who appear to think they are owed a lifestyle by doing f3ck all.

The bulk of immigrants work their ***** off doing jobs us lazy Brits either won't do (working on farms/packhouses/etc) or can't do.

Well said and spot on!
Old 26 March 2013, 10:13 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrmadcap
Ok, go on then, just what are these jobs that nobody wants to do?
As mentioned stuff like farm work where you're out in a muddy field whatever the weather picking cabbages for minimum wage (or less), labouring on building sites, etc.
Old 26 March 2013, 11:49 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

I watched motorway cops last week and the episode was mainly about thieft along the motorways. ALL the thieves were Romanian. They are organised groups that come over to steal millions of pounds worth of cabling each year, and they simply carry out the crime, go back to where ever they came from, and then another group would come over, sort of like a cycle. They are rarely caught because once the cops are onto them, they've gone back and another group comes in. You get the idea.

I hate how immigration is so out of control and that we can't even control our borders due to the EU. Even though some of them work the crap jobs here in the UK, even with a huge cut on immigrants, I think there'll still be enough to fill the crap jobs.

Oh, I also hate scrounges on benefits too.

Last edited by LSherratt; 26 March 2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 26 March 2013, 11:57 AM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy

Most people would agree with your comments, however, there are three sides to every story. There are plenty of Brits working for minimum wage on unsocial hours with little or no job security. I know quite a number of people in this position and I'm sure others do too.
Your comment about the bulk of immigrants working their ***** off would apply to any country in the world who allow immigration. This would include Brits working abroad so this point is purely academic.
Old 26 March 2013, 12:36 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Surely he is just saying what most of us think,ie that we are fed up of people immigrating here and taking our benefits which they have never contributed to. We shall have to see if he does anything constructive to stop it.

Les
"Just saying", yes, Les, that sums him up. He is the leader of a party who PROMISED not to take seats and not to claim any expenses if voted in as MEP's.
What are they doing now? Taken seats, already had problems with overclaiming...
Old 26 March 2013, 12:45 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

TBH, I'm tired of people on here spouting the usual tabloid crap about white British scum sitting on their fat ***** because they don't want to work.

I know over a dozen people who are presetly unemployed. They apply for loads of jobs but don't get them as the bosses prefer immigrants...NOT because they work harder, but because they can be paid less.
Not ONE of them wouldn't work if given a job.
But the present system means that on lower paid jobs, they COULD actually end up with LESS income when working than sat doing nothing. Is that THEIR fault???

And the immigrants?
Well, it's easy enough if you are willing to live on less than minimum wage, live ten to a house and send most of your wages home, isn't it?

But what British people would want to live like that? And why should they?

meanwhile, we are told that all the immigrants work, contribute etc etc.
Not in this town, they don't, unless they are ALL on permanent nights, since I defy you to hear English spoken on the High Street or in three of the supermarkets during the day, except maybe on the tills.

One of the most telling comments about immigration came from and ex-Labour minister, who said, "Well at least they are keeping wages low..."
Old 26 March 2013, 04:11 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
"Just saying", yes, Les, that sums him up. He is the leader of a party who PROMISED not to take seats and not to claim any expenses if voted in as MEP's.
What are they doing now? Taken seats, already had problems with overclaiming...
Well you know surely what I think about politicians anyway and what my admiration factor is for the man in question!

I understand that MEP's pay significantly reduced UK taxes because they are considered to be working in Europe. Do you think that might also be applied to MP's if we became federated to the Eu?

Les

Quick Reply: Cameron Says No Job, No Benefits.