Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Conflict in Syria creates wave of British jihadists

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2013, 01:49 PM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conflict in Syria creates wave of British jihadists

Over 100 UK Muslims thought to have gone to fight in conflict.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-8533386.html

Good riddance (and don't come back)
Old 14 March 2013, 02:09 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 22BUK

Hopefully they will be strapping C4 to them selfs and won't be coming back.

Seriously if they love the place that much WTF are they doing here to begin with?
Old 14 March 2013, 02:45 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk

Seriously if they love the place that much WTF are they doing here to begin with?
just a wild stab in the dark but probably something to do with our benefits system which you dont get in islamic countries
Old 14 March 2013, 04:00 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

And your problem with that is what?

You do realise that we are arming the resistance (who include bits of AQ) don't you?
Old 14 March 2013, 04:05 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
So I take it from the above response you find this perfectly acceptable?
Old 14 March 2013, 04:12 PM
Moz_Rb5
Scooby Regular

100 less to feed and house.
Old 14 March 2013, 04:20 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Do you actually understand what has been happening in Syria? Do you know what has been happening to those who want a different government?

How can you be so unpleasant towards those who are brave enough to go back and fight for their own country?

Les
Old 14 March 2013, 04:20 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they were that passionate about Syria that they will put their life on the line for it, what the hell are they doing living here?!
Old 14 March 2013, 04:23 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

You do realise that we are arming the resistance (who include bits of AQ) don't you?
I don't sense that he has a problem with it? Like many British people, he probably feels that if somebody feels strongly enough to go to Syria to fight a war there voluntarily, maybe they'd be better off not living in the UK at all. Whether it's the UK's arms that permit this isn't especially relevant as far as i can see.
Old 14 March 2013, 04:25 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

So I take it from the above response you find this perfectly acceptable?
If they are fighting on the Syrians side against the terrorists then yes I find it acceptable.

If they are fighting on the terrorists side against the Syrian regime I find that unacceptable.

Which part have you got a problem with? Is it the bit 'how dare they fight?'
Old 14 March 2013, 04:31 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
I don't sense that he has a problem with it? Like many British people, he probably feels that if somebody feels strongly enough to go to Syria to fight a war there voluntarily, maybe they'd be better off not living in the UK at all. Whether it's the UK's arms that permit this isn't especially relevant as far as i can see.
Does that logic apply to army folk who served in Eye Raq and Afguni Stan? Maybe said soldiers would be better off living in said countries. Ironically maybe they'd be threaten better too.
Old 14 March 2013, 04:32 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Yeah except they're in the Army and have to do what they're told
Old 14 March 2013, 04:34 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Yeah except they're in the Army and have to do what they're told
Sure, how about those joining knowing full well they will have to help out in the Raq/Stan. Should they go and love there?

How about humanitarian workers? Should they go and live wherever they are doing their work and leave UK for good?
Old 14 March 2013, 04:45 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Not sure you're thinking clearly about this. You join the Army because you either really want to be a soldier or else have few other career options. You don't base your decision on where you might or might not be deployed.

Humanitarian workers not sure how that's relevant at all. You're a humanitarian wherever you're needed. Again there is no conscious decision as there is on the part of these very "British" Muslims.
Old 14 March 2013, 04:47 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Sure, how about those joining knowing full well they will have to help out in the Raq/Stan. Should they go and love there?

How about humanitarian workers? Should they go and live wherever they are doing their work and leave UK for good?
You are missing the point entirely.

Soldiers are paid to go wherever, they don't do it for love of the place they are sent to.

Humanitarians - the key is in the name; they like serving humanity wherever it is, nothing to do with affiliation with a particular country. Again, they can be sent to anywhere in the world.

Last edited by ReallyReallyGoodMeat; 14 March 2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 14 March 2013, 04:54 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I was completely against going in and helping 'rebels' in the Libya situation and I'm against the creeping up of help to so called Syrian rebels. I'd wind the clock back even more and leave Saddam in charge too. Yes they were tyrants and oppressors but they had to be with a population full of fanatics. We've replaced secular leaders with religious wacos in the sham that's democracy in the region.

Are we completely thick not to realise that arms given now will get into the hands of AQ and other terrorists? Weren't the arms given to rebels in Afghanistan to fight the Russians used against our forces?
Old 14 March 2013, 05:06 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Which part have you got a problem with? Is it the bit 'how dare they fight?'
I have a problem with the part that they are British or at least resident's of the UK and feel the need to just wonder off and join in on a war, for a religion that's supposedly peacefull you lot are pretty quick to down tools and jump into it feet first.....
Old 14 March 2013, 05:15 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

I have a problem with the part that they are British or at least resident's of the UK and feel the need to just wonder off and join in on a war, for a religion that's supposedly peacefull you lot are pretty quick to down tools and jump into it feet first.....
Don't ****ing start the whole peace bollox with me you mug.

So your problem is that someone has the ***** to fight a regime that's oppressive to its people (supposedly) and are doing something about it rather than moan down the pub with like minded folk and your issue is that because they are from Britain they should not do so.

**** me this country is going down the pan when thought processes like yours are considered rational.

For the record I'm on Assad side against the terrorists.
Old 14 March 2013, 05:19 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

The point, Shaid, is that anyone who was truly British wouldn't go and fight this war. You can dress it up all you want but that's the truth. And by truly British i mean non-Muslim. Obviously that will be a red rag to a bull to you, and i accept that.
Old 14 March 2013, 05:23 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Don't ****ing start the whole peace bollox with me you mug.
Now now please put the dummy back in and pick up the toys please, there's a good boy..

So your problem is that someone has the ***** to fight a regime that's oppressive to its people (supposedly) and are doing something about it rather than moan down the pub with like minded folk and your issue is that because they are from Britain they should not do so.

**** me this country is going down the pan when thought processes like yours are considered rational.

For the record I'm on Assad side against the terrorists.
My problem has nothing to do with *****, as a UK citizen we have our own forces, leave them to do the fighting.
Old 14 March 2013, 05:27 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

The point, Shaid, is that anyone who was truly British wouldn't go and fight this war. You can dress it up all you want but that's the truth. And by truly British i mean non-Muslim. Obviously that will be a red rag to a bull to you, and i accept that.
Lol, so basically whites only. Doesn't offend me the slightest. Idiots come in white too

You still fail though. So if the government tell you to go war it's good but if you decide it's the moral thing to do and make a decision for yourself then its wrong and the only excuse you can come up with is 'its not British'!

That's fail beyond words TelBoy
Old 14 March 2013, 05:30 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Now now please put the dummy back in and pick up the toys please, there's a good boy..

My problem has nothing to do with *****, as a UK citizen we have our own forces, leave them to do the fighting.
Okay then dummy back in and I agree the armed forces should be sorting **** out etc however why does the person who decides they are going to make a stand be considered less British or practically treated like an enemy of state? Why all tue hateful go live in Syria type comments?
Old 14 March 2013, 05:31 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

But their decision to go to join in this war is purely religious, Shaid, even you must realise that? You've made the point that you support Assad, ok fine, couldn't care less, but people's ire about this action is exclusively because of their supposed nationality. I'm surprised that needed explaining, but there you go.
Old 14 March 2013, 05:37 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

I think Britons are tired of people being violent in the name of Islam, wherever they are from.
Old 14 March 2013, 05:38 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

It's not purely religious though is it? Religion also teaches charity and a lot of money has been raised for Syria via collections, charity dinners, etc.

The fact is **** is happening and someone has decided to do something about it. Obviously the fact that the ****ter and the ****tee share the same religion and the hero also shares the same religion and naturally because the hero shares the same religion as the ****tee he will chose to help out there instead of some Christian countries issue.

Much like UK helping US wherever even though it might not concern us (and make us a target too but that's another thread).
Old 14 March 2013, 05:41 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
I think Britons are tired of people being violent in the name of Islam, wherever they are from.
But this has nothing to do with Britons though has it? FFS these guys and their actions have nothing to do with Britain so why should Britons be upset about it?
Old 14 March 2013, 05:45 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

But this has nothing to do with Britons though has it? FFS these guys and their actions have nothing to do with Britain so why should Britons be upset about it?
Because it looks like they're putting their religion before their declared nationality. And that's very alien to traditional British people.
Old 14 March 2013, 05:45 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Because the 'heroes' are calling themselves British.
Old 14 March 2013, 05:46 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

RRGM will you stop repeating everything i'm saying?

Old 14 March 2013, 05:48 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Because it looks like they're putting their religion before their declared nationality. And that's very alien to traditional British people.
Is it really? Do you think Christians put their religion before or after their nationality? Genuine question.

Quick Reply: Conflict in Syria creates wave of British jihadists