Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2013, 04:11 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More firms into administration :(

Found out yesterday, that two well known automotive brands have gone into
Administration.

Bosal UK, & QH have filed for administration in the last few weeks, according to "Car Mechanics magazine"

Mart
Old 01 March 2013, 04:23 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

That's sad.
Also found out yesterday, from the Eastliegh by-election , that Ford are moving their Transit production from there to Turkey.

These are the industries(manufacturing) we need to fight tooth & nail too keep for the long-term.They said 300 jobs going but that dosen't include all the supporting infrastructure.

It's the same with all the big manufacturing closures.The number of job losses never take into account all the supporting firms & services that get lost with them.

If we can't do better than Turkey in this sector then we are truly shaffted.
Old 01 March 2013, 06:54 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
That's sad.
Also found out yesterday, from the Eastliegh by-election , that Ford are moving their Transit production from there to Turkey.

These are the industries(manufacturing) we need to fight tooth & nail too keep for the long-term.They said 300 jobs going but that dosen't include all the supporting infrastructure.

It's the same with all the big manufacturing closures.The number of job losses never take into account all the supporting firms & services that get lost with them.

If we can't do better than Turkey in this sector then we are truly shaffted.
Transit is down the roadfrom me, for years this was the home of the Transit, The best of all the Transit plants worldwide, cant understand why they want to close it

Mart
Old 01 March 2013, 06:59 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Transit is down the roadfrom me, for years this was the home of the Transit, The best of all the Transit plants worldwide, cant understand why they want to close it

Mart
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...g-picture.html
Old 02 March 2013, 12:32 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And was it Osborne who okayed Ford an 80 million loan by the European Investment Bank to build the Transit in Turkey.
Old 03 March 2013, 11:33 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Quite surpised at Bosal.

It used to be the biggest brand of cheap and nasty exhausts....Cheap and always did the job, for a few years at least (until it rusted to bits again ).

I suppose meeting with EU type approval made their manufacturing/material costs too expensive to stay afloat. Especially now they've cracked down on aftermarket catalysts as before manufacturers could get away with sticking in a element half the size of the original and still get through emissions...can't do that anymore (and legally fit it).

Combine that with the influx of cheap stuff comming from China and basically its game over.

As I found when I recently had a Catalytic converter delivered for a Mercedes C320...The supplier had attached to it huge stickers to cover their **** saying it was illgeal for road use in the UK on a post 2001 vehicle.

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 March 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03 March 2013, 05:07 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quinten Hazel (QH) I was buying their Car Parts for my Fords in the 70's .... they were the BluePrint of the day.

The Tories don't give a toss about Manufacturing and Engineering in this Country - much more important if you are a lazy, make-nowt Banker or other Eton Boys who contribute a big fat ZERO to the country!!