Over enthusiasm about stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2013, 07:29 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Over enthusiasm about stuff

Now this might be me just being a miserable old misanthrope, but

Was just watching the one show and some lispy bloke was watching Killer Wales, one popped up and ate a chunk of meat and anyone would have thought it was the second coming, not a big fish having a bit of dinner ? though he was going to knock one out

Always seems the same, there seems to be a learnt behaviour where people get really gushing about certain creatures, Dolphins, Pandas, Orang Utans and stuff, drives me mental, very good but a Doplhin is just another big fish, I know what they look like from telly, have seen one in the flesh and it was alright. It seems to be the same with birds as well, you see an Eagle you are supposed to feel honoured and get all reverent, I am more impressed seeing a load of Seagulls fighting over a portion of chips

Its the same when someone mentions a gig on Radio one, they ask someone what it was like and they say "Utterly Amazing, best ever, life changing", its a bit of music ffs, calm down. Some wet themselves over seeing a royal or celebrity, even if its some bell end that was on Big Brother three years ago.

I worry about people who lose control over their bowels due to two hours of a boy band or the whiff of an Otter, is it just me or do people feel like they shoukld totally over react to stuff that is notable but not that exciting ?
Old 08 January 2013, 07:42 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bit like some of the fan boi phone lovers on here then

Mart
Old 08 January 2013, 07:50 PM
scarey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO

Was just watching the one show and some lispy bloke was watching Killer Wales, one popped up and ate a chunk of meat and anyone would have thought it was the second coming, not a big fish having a bit of dinner ? though he was going to knock one out

Always seems the same, there seems to be a learnt behaviour where people get really gushing about certain creatures, Dolphins, Pandas, Orang Utans and stuff, drives me mental, very good but a Doplhin is just another big fish, I know what they look like from telly, have seen one in the flesh and it was alright. It seems to be the same with birds as well, you see an Eagle you are supposed to feel honoured and get all reverent, I am more impressed seeing a load of Seagulls fighting over a portion of chips

Its the same when someone mentions a gig on Radio one, they ask someone what it was like and they say "Utterly Amazing, best ever, life changing", its a bit of music ffs, calm down. Some wet themselves over seeing a royal or celebrity, even if its some bell end that was on Big Brother three years ago.

I worry about people who lose control over their bowels due to two hours of a boy band or the whiff of an Otter, is it just me or do people feel like they shoukld totally over react to stuff that is notable but not that exciting ?
Was it sheep meat?
Old 08 January 2013, 08:07 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

I have to say for the past 2 weeks I had been exactly the opposite, I just can't get excited or overly motivated about anything. Meh is the best way I can describe everything.
Old 08 January 2013, 08:13 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Never got the deal with celebs , they are just people that you recognise . The animal thing . . . . . . .maybe the guy had been waiting all day just to see it ? Suppose the same could be said about alot of things , if you are really into something (say cars) if a lambo did a doughnut around you , you may make the same noises the guy did when he seen a whale. And he would say "sure its just a car the same as any other"
Old 08 January 2013, 08:16 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
I have to say for the past 2 weeks I had been exactly the opposite, I just can't get excited or overly motivated about anything. Meh is the best way I can describe everything.
You seem to be quite down alot mate , you alright ?
Old 08 January 2013, 08:28 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Absoluitely the best f**king post ever on SN... no wait... on the whole Internet... f**king love it dude, you are the man. I want your kids.... I've got a semi! Wicked dude, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesommmmme

Trending Topics

Old 08 January 2013, 08:34 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

It's a motivation thing that drives you
I'm the most motivated man on everything I get involved in
Whether its the NBO ,council work ,committees ,car clubs or even work ,making money or cleaning the car or even treating the misses

It's something your born with
I tend to find your a happier person if you get excited

Even about small things

I even get excited posting on scoobynet
Old 08 January 2013, 08:47 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

from what i can make out from talking to various people from varied walks of life this seems the way a lot of people feel so your not akone
Old 08 January 2013, 08:49 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

sorry meant alone lol
Old 08 January 2013, 08:51 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

We get a lot of the overenthusiastic hug brigade down here.

With women, it's an excessive squeal, silly laugh and loads of hugs.

With blokes it's either a full on hug assault or there's the sort of "gang" style greeting like your some sort of gangsta.

Often these people may have been parted for a matter of days.

A bit silly but also agree with J4CKOs musings.
Old 08 January 2013, 08:53 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Dont get me wrong, I do get enthusiastic about stuff, it can be quite mundane, like a good joke, doing a good job of something or a nice ride into work, I just dont get how people seem to play a certain role when they have seen certain animals on the cute, majestic or rare lists, it is like they have learnt how to behave via telly and ham it up, nobody really gets that excited about seeing a bloody Lion, unless of course you are sharing its immediate vicinity.

I someone spun a Lambo round me I would try to get out of the way and express my concern for the clutch.

Same as seeing buildings or mountains and stuff, I will raise more of a smile over a Tornado on reheat but even then, I wont start wafting myself and crying as women seem to have learn to do, if I ever see anyone do that stiring dance as a reaction to somethign I may be forced to bite them.
Old 08 January 2013, 09:10 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
You seem to be quite down alot mate , you alright ?
I'm alright, I've just lost my direction lately after possibly partying a bit too hard.
Old 08 January 2013, 09:26 PM
Ellie*
Scooby Regular

Ive always assumed its just peoples different interests?
There are very few things that stir up any emotion in me, but I think that is my problem, it's just me being a miserable ****.

I get that bird thing though, my mum notices birds while driving for Christ sake. They all look the same to me.
And I bloody hate it when people post links to you tube videos or if someone wants to show me something on the Internet. Why would I sit through 3-4mins of bull**** that I'm highly likely to not care about?

However, I do get excited at festivals and concerts, enough to be at the front giving myself whiplash.
Old 08 January 2013, 09:30 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I generally save all my "enthusiasm" for the monthly Cheshire and district over 40's Swingers meet
Old 08 January 2013, 09:49 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

I'm alright, I've just lost my direction lately after possibly partying a bit too hard.
Partying is more than i get to do
Old 08 January 2013, 09:50 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I notice Americans tend to be a bit like this, Over dramatic, over enthusiastic, over weight.

Need I go on?
Old 08 January 2013, 10:01 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

If I'm honest, I envy anyone who is enthusiastic about something....apart from maybe rape or cricket.
Old 08 January 2013, 11:00 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

i like watching enthusiasm, and enthusiastic people, IF what they are so excited about is interesting to me - it doesnt annoy me atall. i love how excited and enthusiastic people get about animals and observing there(sp) behaviour - as animals interest me - the extreme of this was steve irwin. and i just couldnt watch him as i know it was genuine, but felt too much like he couldnt quite get we couldnt be there, all we could do was watch, so we could never quite get that buzz he did - but he thought we could. nice guy, did good imo but i just didnt like his TV style.
however others like D attenborough, nigel marven i think i enjoy watching them get excited.
the same goes for certain food programmes, rick stein, and this crazy american guy who eats weird things, not jamie oliver exactly or nigella - dont do it for me tbh.

so i get enthusiasm, why and how many use it and think it can be effective and enhance my enjoyment - x-factor, dancing on fcking anything or celebrity anything is just a pile of steaming non-event - sh*te!!
i had great enthusiasm when i was a mechanic, doing jobs at home, with my old man, on his car or mine, was always by the road side - he would literally laugh at me as iid proper run to get the trolley jack, get wheel up, run back to garage for axle stand, run back for sockets - work away if i got stuck i RAN back for hammers, spanners, ball joint splitters - just whatever i needed. and i was 21 at the time. It made him laugh at my enthusiasm to get the job done.

im now not so bodily enthusiastic lol, but still like to see others who are -again if its a subject i like and no way connected to anything to do with celebrities, being a celeb, seeing a celeb, gigs or any of that kind of utter tosh.
Old 08 January 2013, 11:09 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

A dolphin isn't a fish, big or otherwise.
Old 08 January 2013, 11:24 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Just admit it.... you're missing Top Gear aren't you
Old 09 January 2013, 12:07 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
A dolphin isn't a fish, big or otherwise.
I know, it's a mammal, a big, fish shaped, sea bound mammal that eats fish.
Old 09 January 2013, 12:11 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I know, it's a mammal, a big, fish shaped, sea bound mammal that eats fish.
I'm a big, salami-shaped land-bound mammal that eats Richmond Irish recipe bangers, but I'm not a sausage.
Old 09 January 2013, 12:19 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I just like getting things deliberately wrong, like like calling Golf clubs Golf bats or when someone gets a dog asking what "make" it is.
Old 09 January 2013, 01:10 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's not just you, when I saw it I also said out loud, alright calm down mate, it's only a fackin whale. What a pr1ck *frowned etc
Old 09 January 2013, 02:35 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

If I'm honest, I envy anyone who is enthusiastic about something....apart from maybe rape or cricket.
Mate, you wanna see me behind the decks, hard-on isn't the word

A couple things I'm enthusiastic about:

Football - I get proper worked up watching my team, either in the flesh or on TV. I can't help that.
Music - can't help it when a choon is playing or I'm dropping the barse.
My son - pretty obvious, anything he does is incredible... even pooping!
Sometimes the Mrs - if I'm on a promise and at work, I suddenly speed up

Whales and dolphins? Sure they taste great.
Old 09 January 2013, 07:44 AM
Oldun
Scooby Regular

My enthusiasm for aircraft, trains, cars, trucks, ships and transport in general is massive, (does it show?) but I wouldn't make a public show of myself.

Unlike this Yank 'Foamer' ..

Last edited by Oldun; 09 January 2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09 January 2013, 08:00 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep - enthusiasm is way down on my agenda. I paid £70 for a ticket to see Bon Jovi a couple of years back and as soon as he came on, every ****** in the whole place decided to stand up and proceeded to stay stood up for the entire show. I'm now very careful when booking tickets to make sure that my view to the stage is across a pedestrian route so if everyone decides to ignore the fact they paid for a seat then i can remain seated and still see
Old 09 January 2013, 08:38 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Oldun
My enthusiasm for aircraft, trains, cars, trucks, ships and transport in general is massive, (does it show?) but I wouldn't make a public show of myself.

Unlike this Yank 'Foamer' ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqvwnxgxazY
£50 quid says that ****'s a virgin!
Old 09 January 2013, 08:43 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
£50 quid says that ****'s a virgin!
Although very sweetly had a simultaneous orgasm with the train,

Quick Reply: Over enthusiasm about stuff