Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Silverstone F1 2013

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2012, 03:57 PM
simonraper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverstone F1 2013

Just a quick one all - Dont suppose anyone on here could help a fellow Scooby owner out -

Bascially I was wondering does anybody on here know how to get tickets to the formula 1 grand prix for like VIP passes? EG All Access type thing?

Or does anyone know someone or even works there that is able to get All Access passes?

I am wanting to take my old man for his birthday next year when he turns the big 50.

Any information would be appricated.

Thanks
SImon
Old 29 November 2012, 05:34 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

You'll find it all but impossible to get into the paddock, pits etc of any GP, though me and Mrs Chip and our 2 girls did manage to get full hospitality from one of the teams at the Monaco GP this year, pit access as well. FREE!

And no , I won't tell you how we did it

Chip
Old 29 November 2012, 05:50 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you Bernies fluffer Chip ?
Old 29 November 2012, 06:13 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Old 29 November 2012, 06:57 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

There are a few kinds of pass.

General entry which is for grandstand etc but won't get you anywhere near the paddock. 90% of people have this kind of ticket.

Hospitality tickets which are also not in the paddock. Tends to cost £500+ for race day plus cost of GE ticket. These are not F1 approved hosts.

Paddock club pass. Allows entry to paddock club area and you sit above the pits. Comes with lunch etc. You get a pit walk on race day 1 hr before the race same for quality. Cost is about £4k ppn. A lot of teams put their guests and sponsors in this area. The teams call it "upstairs". So red bull might have 100 people "upstairs". This is your normal "VIP" pass and its "Bernie" approved. I.e you get your own car park, live feeds etc etc.

Next step is a paddock all times pass. This gets you into the actual paddock where the team motor homes are and also the back of the pits. I don't think there is anyone who sells these, everyone with this pass will be either a sponsor, guest of a team or friend / family member etc. The teams buy these from Bernie. On the back of the pass is your name and photo. Rather than going "upstairs" these guests will sit in the team motor home, when the race is on they are often seen standing at the back of the garage.

The only pass above this that's not for press / Fla / team employees etc is known as the god pass. These are also bought by the teams but they are only allowed a set number again its only for guests of the team.
Old 29 November 2012, 07:07 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

To continue, typing on my phone...

All access does not exist other than for the press.
If you are a guest of say Ferrari you will only be allowed into the Ferrari motor home and pit box. At the door to each pit box will be a guy, and he will know the face of all the guests..

Grid access is almost impossible to get and its a small tag that's put onto your main pass.

Same for pit access, other than after the race the people in the pit box can run up to the podium.

Your only real option is paddock club - but its a lot of money and I would struggle to justify it.

Jenson button runs a good hospitality tent for charity, I hear good things about it. I think its about £500 ish
Old 01 December 2012, 02:20 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Doesn't Simon get a bit fed up at times?

Les
Old 01 December 2012, 03:34 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Have you considered a race other than Silverstone?

I'm not an F1 fan in any way, but my stepdaughter is, she reckons Monza is the race to see. Plus, even including flights and hotels it works out cheaper

I've only heard, and read, bad things about the spectator experience at Silverstone, especially since the re-modelling. And that's just at club/national level, I can't see that would be better with bigger crowds
Old 01 December 2012, 04:33 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Just go and watch at Becketts, its awesome.