Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

UKIP Racism Slur & the Foster Care Fiasco

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2012, 10:04 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UKIP Racism Slur & the Foster Care Fiasco

You know I never really paid much attention to UKIP but I remember all that time ago watching Nigel Farage tear a new ahole to the guys in the EU and thinking this guy is a legend or completely bonkers.

Then read the shambles that is the Foster Care story of how that couple had those children taken away, then remembering the little told horror that is our social care system (for whom I indirectly work for...) where over zealous workers would take away children from loving homes to never be returned to their familes even after the case was proven wrong.

But read this today and you know what, I am liking what I hear from this guy, only for the fact that we need more people like him to shake the branches of this government.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...cism-slur.html
Old 25 November 2012, 10:14 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Reminds me on something from the **** party TBH. "We don't like your choice of political parties so we are taking your kids." ******* shocking TBH.
Old 25 November 2012, 10:42 PM
Mary mag
Scooby Regular

I am sure there are racist members of all political parties somewhere.
Old 25 November 2012, 10:44 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Whats more worrying is how loosely they use the word Racist though.
Old 25 November 2012, 10:50 PM
Mary mag
Scooby Regular

It is easily bandied around.

Almost too easily.
Old 26 November 2012, 03:27 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mary mag
It is easily bandied around.

Almost too easily.
And typically by white, left-wing do-gooders, as in this case!
Old 26 November 2012, 08:56 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Suresh
And typically by white, left-wing do-gooders, as in this case!
And I for one am sick of it!
Old 26 November 2012, 09:04 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Thing with all of that is where do you draw the line on supporting your country and racism? alot of the anti imigration sentiment isn't ratial at all, yet they play on that with there alteria agenda behind the scenes.

They may well seem ok in public, but behind the scenes there a total bunch of racists.

That said we live in a democracy which means that people are allowed there own views and beliefs as long as they keep it peacefull and none violent. I dont agree with the kids being taken at all, but ont he flip side i can understand the reasoning, even if i think it shouldn;t have happened
Old 26 November 2012, 03:20 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

I don't think the Anti-Immigration views are racist at all and this is the case for many British born Asian/Ethnic people.

I have worked bloody hard all my life, paid my taxes only to see some family get shacked up in a house while I almost ended up losing mine and on the street with my kids - 15 years of working my *** off and that's the help I get.

But if you take a systematic view of this you realize the infrastructure exists from local authorities to NHS and beyond is not designed to cope with such a influx of people so who suffers? The British people do.

If we had tighter controls in the first place this mess would not have existed and what kind of back handed deal (for resources) have we done to open handily allow so many immigrants to settle here in the UK?

I know I sound like a racist but...
Old 26 November 2012, 03:33 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by finalzero
I don't think the Anti-Immigration views are racist at all and this is the case for many British born Asian/Ethnic people.

I have worked bloody hard all my life, paid my taxes only to see some family get shacked up in a house while I almost ended up losing mine and on the street with my kids - 15 years of working my *** off and that's the help I get.

But if you take a systematic view of this you realize the infrastructure exists from local authorities to NHS and beyond is not designed to cope with such a influx of people so who suffers? The British people do.

If we had tighter controls in the first place this mess would not have existed and what kind of back handed deal (for resources) have we done to open handily allow so many immigrants to settle here in the UK?

Whilst I do not agree with much of this, I do agree with you that being in favour of tighter immigration should never be seen as racist.

I think the local authorities decision in this case was ideological and stupid. People should be sacked over this idiotic decision.

btw, the irony of your comments are that if it was not for immigration what state the NHS would be in? let's not forget the huge army of immigrants that work for the NHS!
Old 26 November 2012, 03:55 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin2005
btw, the irony of your comments are that if it was not for immigration what state the NHS would be in? let's not forget the huge army of immigrants that work for the NHS!
Not really ironic. If he said he was against all immigration then yes, but he didn't. It doesn't have to be a wide open (now) or closed shut policy as you seem to be implying.

Last edited by ReallyReallyGoodMeat; 26 November 2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 26 November 2012, 04:04 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/showpost.p...&postcount=181
Old 26 November 2012, 04:15 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Not really ironic. If he said he was against all immigration then yes, but he didn't. It doesn't have to be a wide open (now) or closed shut policy as you seem to be implying.
I not implying anything about UKIP. I was responding to Finalzeros comments
Old 26 November 2012, 05:09 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

If I am pro immigration does that automatically make me non-racist?
Old 26 November 2012, 05:34 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
If I am pro immigration does that automatically make me non-racist?
This is the lunacy that has to stop! Having an opinion one way or another on immigration does not infer that one is or isn't racist. I'm an immigrant myself yet I am completely and utterly opposed to all non essential immigration. My father worked his fingers to the bone to make sure he provided for us, he never ever had a handout from the state. Furthermore he paid his stamps from 1961 only to die at the age of 63 in 1998. Not taking a penny of what he paid in to. To see freeloaders coming in to this country to take the p!ss is infuriating to say the least.
Old 28 November 2012, 05:12 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I have to say that I have a lot of time for Farrage. He is not afraid to speak his mind, I did enjoy watching him taking "Rumpy Pumpy" apart that time.

I do support his wishes of course about getting out of the Eu and avoiding any question of entering an Eu federation. It would be the end of our own country obviously and also the end of any kind of real democracy,regardless of what they say.

Les
Old 28 November 2012, 05:16 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I have to say that I have a lot of time for Farrage. He is not afraid to speak his mind, I did enjoy watching him taking "Rumpy Pumpy" apart that time.

I do support his wishes of course about getting out of the Eu and avoiding any question of entering an Eu federation. It would be the end of our own country obviously and also the end of any kind of real democracy,regardless of what they say.

Les
Didn't you post these exact words on another thread yesterday... and I mean exact words!!

btw this is exactly what I meant when I said pantomime
Old 28 November 2012, 05:47 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
To be honest, Les, I found that speech by Farage cringeworthy in the extreme.
Attacking a man who cannot reply, great.
And what did it prove? Nothing, except that Farage is a bigger prat, and bully than I'd have thought before.

UKIP: when they were courting our votes to elect them as MEPs, they promised:
NOT to take their seats,
NOT to claim any expenses,
and to try and undermine the European Parliament as much as they could.

Which of those have ANY of them done? Nope, not a one!
Old 28 November 2012, 08:12 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Good old Nigel, a star bloke who talks a lot of sense. He's not racist, listen to him.
Old 28 November 2012, 08:57 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
Good old Nigel, a star bloke who talks a lot of sense. He's not racist, listen to him.
I need a better reason to listen to someone than them 'not being a racist'. For me that just a precondition to even thinking about listening to someone.

He's not a racist, I think that pretty much everyone will agree on that.
What we might not agree on though is that in my opinion he's a grandstanding, jumped up egotistic bafoon with no real vision for this country.
Old 28 November 2012, 11:22 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

... in my opinion he's a grandstanding, jumped up egotistic bafoon with no real vision for this country.
Yes, yes, enough about Cameron, this is about Farage!
Old 29 November 2012, 12:37 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

very sad really
take away the children because they dont agree with the foster parents political views
whats that even got to do with the well being of the children ffs

TBH I read some of the ukip's views on their website and agree with some of what I read.
Old 29 November 2012, 06:02 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
This is the lunacy that has to stop! Having an opinion one way or another on immigration does not infer that one is or isn't racist. I'm an immigrant myself yet I am completely and utterly opposed to all non essential immigration. My father worked his fingers to the bone to make sure he provided for us, he never ever had a handout from the state. Furthermore he paid his stamps from 1961 only to die at the age of 63 in 1998. Not taking a penny of what he paid in to. To see freeloaders coming in to this country to take the p!ss is infuriating to say the least.
This reads (to me) more like a problem with the workings of the welfare system than immigration.
I'm not sure if this is your opinion, but it is mine.
If anything, I think an immigrant "freeloader" is more likely to get off their backsides and get on with life than the home grown variety.
Perhaps the root of the problem is that it is (politically) easier to have a go at (and do nothing about) immigrants than it is to do the same about the welfare system.
Old 30 November 2012, 12:42 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
Perhaps the root of the problem is that it is (politically) easier to have a go at (and do nothing about) immigrants than it is to do the same about the welfare system.
I have worked in and around local authorities, hospitality and the pharmaceutical
directly and indirectly in my time.

I have seen just how difficult a task it is to try and bring some order to the chaos that is our Social, Economic and Healthcare system and its not necessarily the fault of the people working there (however the culture is very much 10 years behind the rest of the country).

They have a huge back log of legacy systems, processes & practices and information that they don't know what to do with and how to bring all of that into the 21st century.

Adding lots of knew architectures around it only masks the problem and eventually it just leaks because someone doesn't adhere to a process or simply ignores that there is a new infrastructure and process in place.

Information is scattered at best and the authorities are made up of smaller communities of groups and departments who have a workflow they stick to but this isn't always compatible with other departments or individuals so you get lots of disjointed connections throughout the authorities where no one really knows what the next department does or the next office.

Then you have the managers who try to manage top down applying governance (or not in most cases) without actually understanding the landscape they are in or the many issues their office/department/staff have (and there are lots).

I think the last time an exercise was done to workout what effort and cost it would take to upgrade just one small department in a local authority to a newly built architecture (infrastructure, software and new practices) the effort required ran in the 10's of years and cost pushing past £15 million.

Its a big task and one of the main reasons why we have issues with the authorities and government services (and why the government wants to privatise some areas).

Anyway we could talk about this all day.
Old 30 November 2012, 05:39 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Anyway we could talk about this all day.
That has bought me my first smile for today!
Old 30 November 2012, 11:15 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

UKIP did very well last night, surprised we haven't had the resident idiot crowing from the rooftops about the Tories' abysmal showing.
Old 30 November 2012, 12:02 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Of course, if you are white, if you dare voice an opion on a subject that involves people of another race, you are "Racist", witness the pussyfooting and showgazing when anyone mentions "Crash for Cash" scams, there is a huge elephant in the room as it is mainly males of Asian oigin doing it, same with the grroming of young girls for sex though it seems Paedo is higher than racist so they can target this.

There seems to be a leap of logic that if you mention such things that you are a paid up Jack Booted member of the Natrional Front and a close personal friend of Nick Griffin and are probabaly Zeifg Heiling right this minute whilst planning your next racially motivated murder.

I have nothing against immigration, nothing against people who come here and work hard, people who bring something to the country and we have a duty to accept some asylum seekers, however we are a mall island with finite resources and a high population, I object to the wholesale immigration we have had just based on the systems not coping and I dont really want to pay tax to keep people who just turn up and do **** all, that dont integrate and have nothing to offer, but obviously I should just turn a blind eye lest I get tarred with the "racist" brush whioch is, as mentioned second only to being a kiddy fidler.
Old 30 November 2012, 12:32 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

There's a few blinkered types on this forum who will deal the racist card at will rather than admit that elephant in the room
Old 01 December 2012, 02:08 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Didn't you post these exact words on another thread yesterday... and I mean exact words!!

btw this is exactly what I meant when I said pantomime
Please would you give a reference to where I posted those words- as you say...exactly!

Even if I did, what is the significance of your whingeing comment? What exactly are you trying to say?

Les