Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fantastic news....

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2012, 07:23 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Fantastic news....

When we first moved in to our house we paid a fortune to have the enitire house carpeted.
We ensured the house was preped for when the carpet went down the 4ft fish tank was installed, real oak beds and built in cupboards. and touch up of paint.

After a few weeks we noticed a few strands of our dog safe carpet coming up. We thought it was doing it because it was new and then about 4months later we went back to the company and said this can't be right.

They sent 2 different inspectors out who both said there was nothing wrong with the carpet and it was the dogs ripping it up.

With our lifestyle the dogs are not on the carpet enough to warrent it being a 'high traffic fault'

I contacted the JVS show ( 3 counties radio) and the manufacturer took a sample away.

4 months on and the verdict is in...........

The carpet is faulty and they will replace the lot

The downside is having to remove the above and potentially redecorate as they always make a mess with the skirting boards when installing.

I am going to push for a full refund and keep the carpet but lets see....

Last edited by RobsyUK; 21 November 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 21 November 2012, 07:27 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am really struggling to get you here mate,
You kick up a fuss because your carpet is falling to bits and you cant put up with it but then you say you will live with it if its free (ie refund)

Either the carpet is fooked and needs replacing or it isnt.
Old 21 November 2012, 07:54 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by addi monster
I am really struggling to get you here mate,
You kick up a fuss because your carpet is falling to bits and you cant put up with it but then you say you will live with it if its free (ie refund)

Either the carpet is fooked and needs replacing or it isnt.
It doesn't look fooked yet. You won't notice it unless I point it out the 1 or 2 V's that are comming up but overtime I guess eventually it will make a bald spot.

The hassle of moving built in beds etc I think I can live with it for the X amount of years it lasts.

* We pushed and push for the tested because IF a patch happens in 5yrs and we do nothing I don't want them to say sorry you should of acted quicker.

Oh, and like I said. If I can get a full refund and it doesn't 'fail' I'm quids in