Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Lactose free muscle building

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2012, 08:06 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lactose free muscle building

Been doing a number of sports and heavy gym work for a while now (years), I've stayed away from shakes and such as my guts are very weak.

I've basically reached a peak in my size and not wanting to spend hundreds on food a month, I am looking for a mild Lactose free supplement to give me a boost.

I'm not a body-builder, I just want to put on a bit more muscle.

Any suggestion ?
Old 20 September 2012, 08:19 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I've not used any supplements in years, but I've just started using Sci MX Ultragen Whey Protein, mixed with water it seems to be low in lactose as I'm not constantly blowing out of my a-hole. And it's cheap in Tesco, £18 for 908g tub. Seems to be working as I seem to recover a lot quicker than before, muscle ache and stiffness doesn't last more than a day or so now.
Old 20 September 2012, 08:21 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of these any good?

Old 20 September 2012, 08:43 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Stop being a ****** no one cares what you look like just you,you might as well walk around work /life with a banana stuck up your **** asking the same question

Just saying
Old 20 September 2012, 10:26 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamie
Stop being a ****** no one cares what you look like just you,you might as well walk around work /life with a banana stuck up your **** asking the same question

Just saying

anyone who works out for anything other than person gain is fighting a losing battle.

I'm married (just), keep a close circle of friends and rarely go out, out. I exercise because it makes me feel good.

I'm sorry you don't like yourself ..
Old 20 September 2012, 10:33 PM
magictree
Scooby Regular

Back to the original point of the thread...I use extreme nutrition pro 6 protien which is supposed to be super low in lactose if that helps
Old 20 September 2012, 10:43 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Goldenn standard...not cheap but works best ...
Old 21 September 2012, 10:36 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Steak and eggs.
Old 21 September 2012, 06:28 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

Creatine Monohydrate is ideal for a broad range of consumers from bodybuilders through to sprinters, but most importantly those who want to improve their power, strength, speed and lean mass. The subject of hundreds of studies, Creatine Monohydrate has been proven to help improve power, strength and growth. Creatine Monohydrate has also been shown to reduce overall recovery time and recovery between intense bouts of exercise.
Old 21 September 2012, 07:20 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Woody69
Creatine Monohydrate is ideal for a broad range of consumers from bodybuilders through to sprinters, but most importantly those who want to improve their power, strength, speed and lean mass. The subject of hundreds of studies, Creatine Monohydrate has been proven to help improve power, strength and growth. Creatine Monohydrate has also been shown to reduce overall recovery time and recovery between intense bouts of exercise.
are they going to cause me great pain though ?
Old 21 September 2012, 07:31 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Steak and eggs.
I did chicken and pasta/rice for 6 months of 6 small meals a day, gained a stone and bit of muscle growth in than time (I'm an ectomorph so a hard gainer). Got fed up of preparing all that food every evening and eating the same stuff day in day out, but boy did it sort that plateau out and got the fastest gains ever!!

Now just want something quick and easy to prepare and shakes are idea for that.
Old 21 September 2012, 07:39 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

******* and more so for posting a thread about lactose free muscle building,did your mum not tell you about ready brek ?
Old 21 September 2012, 07:39 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
are they going to cause me great pain though ?
I've taken creatine before, didn't like the side effects. Made me train more intensely and lifted heavier weights and recover quickly, but quite a few times it made me feel constantly gittery like I had nervous shakes and suffered minor involuntary muscle twitches. I used creatine for no more than a month.
Old 21 September 2012, 07:44 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

******* and more so for posting a thread about lactose free muscle building,did your mum not tell you about ready brek ?
Who's the ******? you seem inclined to contribute to a thread for "*******". Oh did I mention you have a real purty mouth.....
Old 21 September 2012, 07:44 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
I've taken creatine before, didn't like the side effects. Made me train more intensely and lifted heavier weights and recover quickly, but quite a few times it made me feel constantly gittery like I had nervous shakes and suffered minor involuntary muscle twitches. I used creatine for no more than a month.
I have a very weak stomach, I can't eat basically anything that tastes nice .. or contains anything useful
Old 21 September 2012, 07:59 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Plenty of low lactose protein about.

Have a look at extreme nutrition, their protein is well known to sit well with the most sensitive of stomachs.

www.extremenutrition.co.uk
30% off for all MC members, discount code MCD25
Old 21 September 2012, 08:01 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

take supplements as advised - to supplement your a;ready perfect diet lol.

each meal should have a % of protein in proportion to your expected gains. and in accordance with your genetic make up and reaction.
if you cant use lactose - dont use it, its easy to work around products that include it
Old 21 September 2012, 08:26 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Didn't like the side effects<<<<<<<<<<<< WOW and on that note i will not comment on this thread again.
Old 21 September 2012, 08:49 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

Didn't like the side effects<<<<<<<<<<<< WOW and on that note i will not comment on this thread again.
what didnt you like the side effects of? lactose?

i think a lactose intolerance to whatever degree, can be quite uncomfortable, so work round it, with out tooo much hassle
Old 22 September 2012, 08:23 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Cool.
Old 22 September 2012, 09:58 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used quite a few supplements over the years from cheap to expensive and i tend to go for the all in one powders now.A couple i used recently are USN hyperbolic muscle mass,and maximuscle cyclone.
I found the maximuscle is by far the best,whether it just suits me better maybe but i feel it gives me a good boost compared to some of the others i tried.USN was good but it didn't seem to give me that kick like the maximuscle,plus its easy to mix,a few seconds in a shaker and down it goes,it don't taste like crap
either,and i feel refuelled/refreshed after a workout.
I know some of the cheaper whey protein used to play havoc with my stomach,bloating and that,Bodysupreme one of them was called,plus it tasted foul,the fruit punch would make me gag from the taste,it was only cheap so threw it away.
Met-rx creatine i really didn't find that good either despite all the hype over it,i didn't feel any benefits from it.
So if you haven't tried the maximuscle give it a go,you can get some good deals from the net.And dare i say the name on here ,but Argos have reduced the 1.2kg tub to £31.00 .
It contains 60g protein,10g creatine,10g glutamine,3g HMB,and its suitable if you suffer with lactose intolerance...
Old 22 September 2012, 03:18 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
I've used quite a few supplements over the years from cheap to expensive and i tend to go for the all in one powders now.A couple i used recently are USN hyperbolic muscle mass,and maximuscle cyclone.
I found the maximuscle is by far the best,whether it just suits me better maybe but i feel it gives me a good boost compared to some of the others i tried.USN was good but it didn't seem to give me that kick like the maximuscle,plus its easy to mix,a few seconds in a shaker and down it goes,it don't taste like crap
either,and i feel refuelled/refreshed after a workout.
I know some of the cheaper whey protein used to play havoc with my stomach,bloating and that,Bodysupreme one of them was called,plus it tasted foul,the fruit punch would make me gag from the taste,it was only cheap so threw it away.
Met-rx creatine i really didn't find that good either despite all the hype over it,i didn't feel any benefits from it.
So if you haven't tried the maximuscle give it a go,you can get some good deals from the net.And dare i say the name on here ,but Argos have reduced the 1.2kg tub to £31.00 .
It contains 60g protein,10g creatine,10g glutamine,3g HMB,and its suitable if you suffer with
lactose intolerance...
Spot on thank you will try it
Old 22 September 2012, 03:23 PM
matt6666
Scooby Regular

If you've got dodgy guts I'd stay away from creatine, can make you bloated and gives me killer farts for the first few days.
Old 22 September 2012, 06:01 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Spot on thank you will try it
Wouldn't touch maximuscle, unless you fancy being raped for it.

Maxiraw is much better, as it's their sister company you get some great deals on there.

Sometime next week they'll be posting a code on ukm that gets you £30 off if you order over £100.

Just got me 12.5kg of their protein complex for £115 which is a bargain.

Focus on food first, supplements second.
Old 23 September 2012, 01:04 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Just saying
Jamie, people do strength training for a lot of different reasons, however I can see your point about the legions of lads walking round all puffed up, tight t shirt and a load of tribal tattoos who generally look like they are doing it to impress women or intimidate, not all but some, something of the peacock about it, well some kind of **** anyway

Some people do it as has been mentioned to feel better, to help in sport, for the challenge and also I am thinking of coming back to it, I do a fair amount of cycling but not strength stuff, I am 41 and at that age you realise you are getting older, you arent immune to aging and you tend to lose muscle mass so doing weights helps in that respect, along with maintaining bone density and boosting testosterone levels, stops you looking like an old man by the time you are fifty, obvious being younger you will think yeah, yeah whatever but I was twenty odd not that long ago, then you look up and you are forty and a bit lardy.
Old 23 September 2012, 03:42 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Good post J4CKO.
Old 23 September 2012, 04:16 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

It is a good point,and working out is like a drug to some,i know if i don't work out for a week or so,i feel crap and get a bit grumpy,although over the last couple years i have slowed down a bit on heavy weights,and do more on the medicine ball/endurance.
I used to be like a grey hound when younger,then i went through the beefing up stage,now i've toned down again.
Old 23 September 2012, 05:09 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matt6666
If you've got dodgy guts I'd stay away from creatine, can make you bloated and gives me killer farts for the first few days.
No side effects from supplementing with creatine monohydrate have been recorded in any research. Creatine is totally safe, and effective. Like any supplements, it’s not recommended to over-supplement with creatine monohydrate. Once your muscles are saturated with creatine, you only need to take 5-10g per day. Any more than that will be excreted.

Its the water that makes you bloated....you have to drink lots to stay hydrated
Old 23 September 2012, 11:28 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Woody69
No side effects from supplementing with creatine monohydrate have been recorded in any research. Creatine is totally safe, and effective. Like any supplements, it’s not recommended to over-supplement with creatine monohydrate. Once your muscles are saturated with creatine, you only need to take 5-10g per day. Any more than that will be excreted.

Its the water that makes you bloated....you have to drink lots to stay hydrated
but creatine in over recommended doses can affect internal organ function.

theres creatine in red meat, eat a healthy amount of that and you dont really need to supplement these "pushed"supplements"
all thats really needed is a decent diet tailored to your goals and a whey protein portion correctly timed application and that should see protein intake covered for most trainers imo.

if going for out and out "mass gainers" there easy made yourself with whey powder and some"healthy-ish" calorie heavy ingrediants. eg real peanut butter, milk and a banana - should see a protein shake close to what a "mass gainer" would provide minus the simple sugars that bump up the calorie level of some of these products.
Old 24 September 2012, 02:13 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

I have a question, because i can't be bothered to Google it, lazy day. What is the difference between creatine monohydrate and creatine ester?

I was in a supplement store at the weekend, asked the chap at the counter if he had any creatine with AKG. Monohydrate, he asked me? Yes, i replied. No sir, we don't. Oh yes you do i said, pointing smugly at the bottle of creatine + AKG on the shelf. Ah, you said monohydrate sir, that's creatine ester. Felt two inches tall. So what's the difference?

Quick Reply: Lactose free muscle building