Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Money Health Check for PPI (well not just them I guess)

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2012, 04:59 PM
JohnSmith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Money Health Check for PPI (well not just them I guess)

Anyone else used them for reclaiming PPI ?

Yes I know I should have done it myself but I'm lazy and it's money I have never had, but I have already had 7k back through them

I know someone on here has used them as thats how I heard of them

But I have a question

Originally I signed all the forms they sent out etc and like I say I have already had 7k back from them

The last (big ) one they wrote to me asking if I settled their fee within 7 days they would give me 10% discount from the fee

However they have sent me a letter today with some forms to sign that effectively say

'Under the rules of customer confidentiality any case we present to a lender must be accompanied by a letter of authority carrying my original signature'

Please find enclosed a letter of authority for each claim you may have plus 2 extra copies. One is for our records and the other is an additional copy should a further claim come to light

Anyway, they have only enclosed 2 letters, and I have several claims (about 6-10) going on with them and if it needs to be an original signature then why only send 2 blank forms

On the form itself (which is my biggest issue) the last clause is the following

'Pay any compensation that may be payable direct to Money Health Check'

This statement is completly against the original agreement which is I receive the money then pay them their fees

Anyone else aware of this ?
Old 20 September 2012, 02:47 PM
New_scooby_04

No idea I'm afraid mate. Is this something the financial Ombudsman could help you with.

For any future claims, just write to the institution directly yourself! There are template letters you can use. This is all these PPi compensation people do and charge you x% of your payout for work a trained monkey can do!!

I've just got 3k back in payments for a PPi scheme that should never even have been offered to me as I was not in permanent employment at the time!!

Letter took 5 minutes of my time to prepare. Santander (all credit to them) responded very quickly saying they'd investigated and I should receive a refund with interest. It was that simple!
Old 20 September 2012, 03:33 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnSmith
Anyone else used them for reclaiming PPI ?

Yes I know I should have done it myself but I'm lazy and it's money I have never had, but I have already had 7k back through them

I know someone on here has used them as thats how I heard of them

But I have a question

Originally I signed all the forms they sent out etc and like I say I have already had 7k back from them

The last (big ) one they wrote to me asking if I settled their fee within 7 days they would give me 10% discount from the fee

However they have sent me a letter today with some forms to sign that effectively say

'Under the rules of customer confidentiality any case we present to a lender must be accompanied by a letter of authority carrying my original signature'

Please find enclosed a letter of authority for each claim you may have plus 2 extra copies. One is for our records and the other is an additional copy should a further claim come to light

Anyway, they have only enclosed 2 letters, and I have several claims (about 6-10) going on with them and if it needs to be an original signature then why only send 2 blank forms

On the form itself (which is my biggest issue) the last clause is the following

'Pay any compensation that may be payable direct to Money Health Check'

This statement is completly against the original agreement which is I receive the money then pay them their fees

Anyone else aware of this ?
I used the Financial Ombudsman and got every penny I was owed. There were simple forms and the Bank responded direct to me.

I did not have to pay out a % either or try and find the loan numbers, the banks are obliged to help you find this stuff out and then pay up if your entitled.
Old 20 September 2012, 03:49 PM
JohnSmith
Scooby Regular

I had all the info, all credit agreements etc apart from one, which I still cant find

Most of them told me to bugger off, Building Society told me to do one, credit card said tough luck you signed the form, and another one said you took the ppi out before the law said we mis-sold so tough
Old 20 September 2012, 05:03 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by JohnSmith
I had all the info, all credit agreements etc apart from one, which I still cant find

Most of them told me to bugger off, Building Society told me to do one, credit card said tough luck you signed the form, and another one said you took the ppi out before the law said we mis-sold so tough
All three are totally out of order; Financial Ombudsman for you my good fellow.
Old 20 September 2012, 06:06 PM
JohnSmith
Scooby Regular

Yes, I am going to the omdubsman myself over those as MHC told there is no point

Its worth a punt with them, but need to do it soon before the time runs out LOL
Old 20 September 2012, 06:46 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

I've had various loans, credit cards, car finance etc, but how do I know if I had PPI? I don't have any documentation from them, so really I would have no chance of claiming anything back would I?

Never really thought about it before.......
Old 21 September 2012, 12:01 PM
New_scooby_04

Chris, you need to write to the place you have/had the loan with requesting details of the loan. They are legally obliged to tell you.

DO NOT use any of these PPi claim-back services as they will take a cut of your money for basically sending out a template letter!

Info here and template letters available here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...loan-insurance
Old 21 September 2012, 12:14 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

This whole PPI thing makes my blood boil!

OK, the banks missold, I am not defending that, but we have people who have claimed it back who knew or asked for it, and we have even had some cases where people have claimed for it when they made a claim on their PPI!

It's simply easier to pay out than investigate or contest. W@nkers.

Geezer

Last edited by Geezer; 21 September 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 21 September 2012, 04:31 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
This whole PPI thing makes my blood boil!

OK, the banks missold, I am not defending that, but we have people who have claimed it back who knew or asked for it, and we have even had some cases where people have claimed for it when they made a claim on their PPI!

It's simply easier to pay out than investigate or contest. W@nkers.

Geezer
I totally agree, my Mrs deals with tossers like this every day and it's costing the country a small fortune.
Old 21 September 2012, 05:11 PM
JohnSmith
Scooby Regular

FPMSL @ the negativity

I was mis-sold I got made redundant and couldn't claim, went to debt recovery ****ed up my credit rating for years

the PPI sellers are the tossers, and ironically the PPI Claims companies are the same people who sold you the PPI in the first place
Old 21 September 2012, 06:37 PM
New_scooby_04

9 billion has been put aside for expected compensation claims apparently.

I repeat: DO NOT GO TO PPI COMPENSATION COMPANIES. They will take up to 20% of your money for sending the bank a template letter, which you can do yourself in 5 mins! There is absolutely nothing complicated or involved about it!

If you think you have been mis-sold a policy go right to the source directly.

As for people making spurious claims to get money they're not entitled to. Parasites. End of!

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 21 September 2012 at 06:38 PM.