Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Netflix/Lovefilm

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2012, 11:17 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Netflix/Lovefilm

Just got the free trial for Netflix, have to say it is great, watching "Breaking Bad" which is excellent, the Ipad app works like a charm, works well on the PS3 and my phone as well.

Ok, the selection of films isnt the latest Blockbusters but there is tonnes of stuff to watch, loads of documentaries, series and older films I havent seen yet.

Love the fact you can go through a series one after the other with no adverts, no dodgy copies, no downloading, ripping, converting or gaps, no going to the video shop, no messing with Sky Plus, doesnt cost much, £5.99 a month, first month is free.

Very impressed sofar, might get Lovefilm as well.
Old 22 August 2012, 12:00 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i tried it for a couple of months, got very very bored, selection is def pretty poor for straaming version.
Old 22 August 2012, 12:00 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

We use Anytime + and its been pretty good. I don't think the content is quite with the others but its a decent start.
Old 22 August 2012, 01:48 PM
dirtybarry
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any **** ?
Old 22 August 2012, 01:49 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had netflix for some months and when first got it wasn't that impressed by it.Then in the games section on SN another thread had been posted up about it and some kind SN member happened to give the ip address numbers for the American version,that you can manually type into the DNS.The programmes are far better than the UK netflix,much more variety,and if i hadn't came across that thread i would of cancelled my subscription.
I bought a new xbox the weekend and re-typed the numbers back in,i just had to uninstall then re-install the netflix app,it works on ipad etc too..

https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-r...hlight=netflix
Old 22 August 2012, 02:17 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
I've had netflix for some months and when first got it wasn't that impressed by it.Then in the games section on SN another thread had been posted up about it and some kind SN member happened to give the ip address numbers for the American version,that you can manually type into the DNS.The programmes are far better than the UK netflix,much more variety,and if i hadn't came across that thread i would of cancelled my subscription.
I bought a new xbox the weekend and re-typed the numbers back in,i just had to uninstall then re-install the netflix app,it works on ipad etc too..

https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-r...hlight=netflix
I was thinking of dropping my Virgin tv package down a couple of sizes and using Netflix instead in this manner.
Old 22 August 2012, 04:21 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I thought it was great for the first few months then once you watch what you want then it's pretty crap as the library isn't updated enough
Old 22 August 2012, 04:24 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had it for a few months but soon got bored. There are a few nice documentaries but the choice of films were pretty crap.
Old 22 August 2012, 04:26 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

I got Netflix and Lovefilm, use them every once in a while but for the price, rather have the choice than not.....
Old 22 August 2012, 05:34 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

I've got the US servers for mine too. MILES better than the UK stuff but you can always switch back if theres something on the UK one rather than the US.
Old 22 August 2012, 06:05 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Have thought about using this myself, but not done so yet as our broadband isn't that great, I take it you need a pretty reliable connection to use this??

I'm a technophobe by the way, ain't got a clue
Old 22 August 2012, 09:28 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Boro how did you get US servers?
Old 22 August 2012, 09:44 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Thank's for the tip, just got the US Netflix on the Playstation, the missus is will chuffed.
Old 22 August 2012, 09:48 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtybarry
any **** ?
Just installed love film. On the Xbox and typed W to see if whale wars was on there and an erotic film came up

Looks quite good.
Old 23 August 2012, 03:35 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Netflix for me
use the American DNS servers ( google them ) enter them in ya Xbox and watch the content treble. ahhh you have well done, My ipad etc all use American ones

Also Lovefilm is poor quality compared to Netflix, I do have both for the kids, but Netflix if your using an Apple TV is full 1080P HD which is great

Its all about what you want really I like series a lot, as they are shorter and I have time to watch em, Films not as much.