Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

N Power owe me £1k

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2012, 05:22 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default N Power owe me £1k

As the title N power have £1k that we have over paid,and i'd like it back NOW not when they say we can have it, which is either by switching providers or changing the name on the bill, which is what will be happening in about 5 weeks.

The thing is if i owed them a similar amount i'm sure the nasty letters ect would be coming thick and fast.

It's not the first time this sort of thing has happened, last time we changed provider Scottish power, i think, owed us about £750 but it was the same deal then and we changed to get our money back and of course a better deal, mrs does Martins money tips, and swaps us about every so often.

It does however slightly raise the temp of my we we that these companies are hanging onto my and no doubt many other peoples money for pretty much as long as they like, i'm also sure that there are many people out there using internet payment that are overpaying.

So does anyone know how to make them cough up sooner rather than later.

I bet your all off to check your balance with them now.
Old 05 July 2012, 06:51 AM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had murder with them a few years ago when I moved into a new house. The previous owner owed them around £500 and I kept getting letters from them. I spoke to numerous people who all assured me I would hear no more of it but the letters still kept coming!
Then the final straw was a letter/bill that had the previous owners name and my name on it! I called them again, told them I was getting my solicitor involved and hunted around on the Internet for someone to complain to. I recieved a letter apologising and that was the end of that. I promptly changed providers and I will never use them again!
Old 05 July 2012, 08:05 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

I'm guessing that if N Power owe you £1K you have been paying by direct debit ? IF so its a common trick by them (and a lot of the utility companies) work out the montly DD by useage based on winter use and add a bit then say thats your monthly DD amount. Its easy for them to ibcrease your onthly DD but its hard work getting them to decrease your DD.
And yes thye will be making millions playng with people monies like that. This has been highlighted a few times by watchdog.
Pay quarterly with an old fashioned postal bill and this does not happen.
Try a solicitor to get money back quicker but I doubt it will help as most of them are large V innefficient companies where the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing.
Richard
Old 05 July 2012, 08:12 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Think of the interest they're making off you and everyone else.
Old 05 July 2012, 09:14 AM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

This is why I pay mine by quarterly direct debit...that way I pay for what I use. It`s also the reason I won`t change suppliers ever again...I always end up losing out.
Old 05 July 2012, 09:21 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes to both the above posts, which is part of the reason i want it back, but they will be screwing another months worth of interest out of me and millions of others no doubt.

At the end of the day it's my money and i'd rather it be sat in my bank than theirs, fair enough if it's £50 but £1k, they must know about it because it's not as if you build up a £1k credit with them over a month or two, it's been a couple of years since we last swapped providers so could have been highlighted some time ago.

And i'm sure they are efficient when it comes to making sure we pay them.

Mind you it's a nice windfall, as opposed to being told we owe them a few hundred quid.
Old 05 July 2012, 01:02 PM
steve71
Scooby Regular

They won't pay it to you until they receive final read from new supplier and then they will deduct the final bill amount from the 1k,their is no way to quicken this up as they will already have a change over date,I know all this as I have worked for them for over 4 yrs but have just left,if you threaten ombudsman you may get compensation but don't hold your breath they are a law to themselves