Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Must be just me then!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2012, 09:52 AM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Must be just me then!!

I dropped my daughter off at work this morning as usual.
I drop her behind the shop on the service road that has access to the car park.The road ends in a very short 'ONE WAY' loop too bring you back out.
As I entered the clearly sign posted 'ONE WAY' loop another car pulled out coming the wrong way around the 'ONE WAY!!!!!!!!!!' loop.

I stopped & gave him some advice in Anglo-Saxon. He said,
'I know it's one way.It's not the end of the world is it?'

Makes you wonder what these idiots consider to be reasonable behaviour on the road.
Old 02 June 2012, 12:41 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Some folks have no road sense, whatsoever. I mentioned in another thread, about following some Gypsies the other night. Horse drawn carraiges etc. Most of us were patiently waiting for a safe place to pass, but this people carrier (they are worse than white van man :mad) decided to go for it. Even though there was an island looming close. He only went onto the other side of the road and almost collided with oncoming traffic, the stupid *******.
Old 02 June 2012, 01:13 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

We have a one way street that runs between the office building and the car park at work, that averages five or six vehicles a day going the wrong way

It's almost exclusively young asian males, who round here seem to think the highway code doesn't apply to them
Several of our more belligerent staff have walked out in front of them and taken their photos, which then results in us getting some fantastic CCTV footage
Old 02 June 2012, 01:27 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
It's almost exclusively young asian males, who round here seem to think the highway code doesn't apply to them
To be fair some of the worse driving I see is by your typical 'rep' types in their Audis on motorways and stuff. I had a near miss with a black A4 today who seemed to think that indicating gives him the right to just switch lanes and that other road users should make space for him.

Having said that there are a lot of immigrants types running about I suspect with no UK licences.
Old 02 June 2012, 01:34 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful

Having said that there are a lot of immigrants types running about I suspect with no UK licences.

In Scunthorpe there's no 'suspect' about it! There's a section in our weekly rag which is public notices, in the courts etc. A lot is driving offences. The over whelming majority of thefts, uninsured, unlicensed and speeding driving offences is committed by Eastern European gentlemen

I await the lefty "xeonphobia" responses
Old 02 June 2012, 01:50 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lee247
Some folks have no road sense, whatsoever. I mentioned in another thread, about following some Gypsies the other night. Horse drawn carraiges etc. Most of us were patiently waiting for a safe place to pass, but this people carrier (they are worse than white van man :mad) decided to go for it. Even though there was an island looming close. He only went onto the other side of the road and almost collided with oncoming traffic, the stupid *******.
I've noticed many that drive these people carriers drive like ******,is it because they have had too many kids and its a way of relieving stress,OH lets take the citroen picasso out and drive like a nutter...
The standard of driving has gotten worse and worse,and these idiots actually think they are clever/good drivers..
Old 02 June 2012, 04:53 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

To be fair some of the worse driving I see is by your typical 'rep' types in their Audis on motorways and stuff. I had a near miss with a black A4 today who seemed to think that indicating gives him the right to just switch lanes and that other road users should make space for him.

I find that the Audi/BMW mounted ***** seem to stick to motorways and A roads, I very rarely notice them in town.

Trending Topics

Old 02 June 2012, 05:43 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by DYK
I've noticed many that drive these people carriers drive like ******,is it because they have had too many kids and its a way of relieving stress,OH lets take the citroen picasso out and drive like a nutter...
The standard of driving has gotten worse and worse,and these idiots actually think they are clever/good drivers..
Yes, it's always that brand of people carrier that has the worst offenders.
They must think it is the fastest vehicle on the road. Always driven by some frustrated bloke who seems to think he is a rally driver. A Scooby spoiler inflames him and he must be past it at all costs.
Old 02 June 2012, 09:52 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
I dropped my daughter off at work this morning as usual.
I drop her behind the shop on the service road that has access to the car park.The road ends in a very short 'ONE WAY' loop too bring you back out.
As I entered the clearly sign posted 'ONE WAY' loop another car pulled out coming the wrong way around the 'ONE WAY!!!!!!!!!!' loop.

I stopped & gave him some advice in Anglo-Saxon. He said,
'I know it's one way.It's not the end of the world is it?'

Makes you wonder what these idiots consider to be reasonable behaviour on the road.
I can't see the problem if he was only going one way.
Old 03 June 2012, 09:17 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a one way at the back of us, I was coming home on my bike to be met by a Fiat Panda coming the other way, I always treat the bend with some consideration as it is blind and there can be cars parked, people crossing but not usually a dumpy woman in a white Panda, despite my anticipation/circumspection a car being fully in the road made me jump and swerve, I squeezed through between the kerb and the car, then stopped and turned round thinking I would catch her and "have a word", usually you cant catch them but she turned into a driveway.

I stopped and she looked worried, she had two small kids in the car so I didn't go overboard, I just asked her why she was going the wrong way up a one way "I only live here" she said, basically she chanced meeting a low Flying Range Rover coming the right way ploughing into her to save a minute going the correct way round. I told her not to do it again and if I saw her I would call the Police, am sure they would have a word, not sure what she would have been charged with if she had knocked me off.
Old 03 June 2012, 10:03 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Ah , the classic " i have my indicator on , i can move now" rather than actually looking in a mirror. Its either that or no indicator at all. Or wrong use altogether !

Had an auld doll in front of me at a round about yesterday . We were both in the "straight ahead lane" (2nd exit) but she was indicating to go right (3rd exit) So no-one had any idea what she was doing next , was she in the wrong lane but indicating correctly , or in the correct lane but indicating wrong ! Turns out she turned right (3rd exit) .

Its quite fun , if not challenging trying to second guess numpties on the roads.