Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay? Pro buyer or seller?

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2012, 09:54 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay? Pro buyer or seller?

Ok, stay with me, this is long winded, might be worth settling in with a cuppa.
I sold my inlet manifold that i spent weeks polishing on Ebay on 22nd of April. I paid £20 the next day sending it parcelforce. A few weeks later i hadn't heard anything so sent a request for feedback. I got an email back from the buyer saying he had just opened the package and wasn't happy that the underside wasn't quite as polished as the top/front/sides. He also stated that a thread was "damaged".
So i asked why had it taken so long for him to open it and which thread did he think was damaged.

And this where it got weird. The address on the sellers Ebay account and paypal account was an autosport/tuning shop, so i googled them and found they had an "extensive" workshop where they built and machined a lot of engine internals. The email i received was also sent at 6am. Also if the guy took out out of the box and wasn't happy, then surely he'd email ASAP especially as it was 2 weeks after the item was received. To know a thread was damaged he'd have to be attempting to fit it. The thread in question is one of the mounting positions for the header tank, so to get to this point he'd have had to have fitted a lot of parts to it TB, injectors etc then fitted it to the car. Why do that if he wasn't happy with the finish?

So anyway, a few emails back and fourth where i pointed out that not only did i state i had polished it, not a professional and that the underside couldn't be seen once fitted so i didn't spend as much time on it, and that the item was 17/18 years old and described as used (Which in ebays terms says "may show signs of wear and tear") the guy started to hint that he didn't want to go to the resolution centre and would accept a full refund. I offered to pay for the thread to be tapped by his workshop, but heard nothing back. I agreed on the basis that the item was sent back. I didn't hear anything for a while. Then he asked for my address and put in a claim, freezing the money in my account. I filled in the "full refund will be given once item is sent back" and sent the buyer my address.....nothing. Then a week or so later i was sent a snotty email saying i had not accepted the item back from parcelforce. When i looked up the tracking number it said that parcelforce had "attempted" delivery twice, christ knows where to though as they haven't been here.

So (sorry lol) i emailed parcelforce in complaint and asked they resend the item back out to me, i then fwd'd the same email to the buyer. The buyer ignored it and went back to the resolution centre yesterday and ebay have already decided in his favour?????

I have appealed this decision, but weirdly the money is back in my paypal account????? WTF???
During this entire time i have bought and sold several items, posted and received items and given/received several good feedback's. 505 100% good feedback's and now i think my account is about to have an infraction on it.

Ebay are so pro buyer. The amount of non paying bidders i've had and nothing has happened to the buyer. What did i do wrong?
Old 01 June 2012, 10:11 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

simple answer - Pro eBay.

5t.
Old 01 June 2012, 10:23 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Does he sell on eBay? Do the same back to him
Old 01 June 2012, 11:23 AM
boogeyman
Scooby Regular

When I had a problem with an ebay purchase, I picked up the phone and called the resolution centre. It's MUCH easier to convey what the issue is on the phone rather than in email, and you will find that they are extremely open to logic.

You have offered a refund and been open with communication, so it's unlikely that if you present ebay that information that they will rule against you.
Old 01 June 2012, 11:36 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

When companies like that return a parcel they can give a random tracking number for something else that had been failed for delivery and keep item, as they will have an account with couriers,
I worked as a self employed courier and know all the tricks.
But glad you got your money back
Old 01 June 2012, 03:27 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

ebay is crap now.just sold a power commander off my last hayabusa and stated in the listing to contact me for payment details as i dont have paypal account and even added it to the invoice for the winning bidder,24 hours after auction ends he pays with paypal to a random account then states i want my item posting.when i told him i hadnt recieved any payment and that he hadnt bothered reading listing/invoice properly he said if i dont send item he will leave neg feedback.well paypal confirmed i have no account and the random address he paid to has issued refund yet he starts claim against me that i havnt sent item.ebay sided wih him even though i havnt been paid for item and told me i have to send item or restrictions will be put on my account!!!!what a load of bollocks.ebay/paypal just full of scammers and idiots.
Old 01 June 2012, 05:19 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Exactly why I stopped selling on there a long time ago.

Trending Topics

Old 02 June 2012, 08:34 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Not worth selling on eBay now.
I've had a couple of problems recently! Firstly I sold a pair of dockers trousers on eBay, buyer emails me saying there are marks on and they are not wearable and asking for my thoughts?
I replied saying if you return them I will issue a full refund on their return. Never heard anything since?

Second one was I bought an iPod classic on eBay, I collected in person as it was in same city as me and paid cash, we left positive feedback for each other and I marked as paid.
Seller then emails me wanting to cancel the transaction on eBay and tell eBay I haven't paid so he can get his fees back!

I told him no way and I would keep his email to me just in case eBay contacted me.

Again not heard anything since.